Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #1  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Exclamation 2014 Master Challenge Thread *locked*

You Raise Me Up

Hostess: Understandblue aka Lydia
Keyword: HYCCT1401A
Date: Wednesday, October 1st, 2014

Welcome to Hope You Can Cling To - Year 5!!

This community has been absolutely amazing for the breast cancer patients at MD Anderson over the past five years, sending thousands of handmade cards for patients and their families, and bringing joy and art to people who need it the most. I've just been amazed by what you've done and continue to do, selflessly and joyfully, to lift spirits and share your talent in a way that really matters.

So I wanted a challenge to start us off this year that I felt really conveyed what Hope You Can Cling To is all about - and that's raising other people up. Being strong when other people are weak. That's what you do so well, and I'm so, so grateful to watch all of you do it!

So I took my inspiration from the utterly fantastic Josh Groban song, You Raise Me up, and....

my challenge is Paper Tole!

Now paper tole is not just popping an element up on your card - it's a true technique that takes a little time and practice. You color several images, cut parts of them out, shape them using a stylus and a soft mat to have a rounded look, and then use a dimensional adhesive to pop them up over a colored version of your image. Take some time to learn this - it's very fun and such a unique look for your card!

We have an AMAZING step-by-step tutorial on this technique here and here's the video from it:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4DiwucTy3rc?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" height="360" width="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I tried it two different ways. The first time, I colored the image underneath and used a gel glue to adhere it. Glue is nice because you can move your image around for a while, but it requires a little patience, depending on how fast your glue dries.

The second sample, I did what Mariska did in the tutorial - shading under my image with a grey marker instead of coloring the full image underneath, and I used clear dimensional adhesive under my toled pieces. This was quicker, but less forgiving.

To round my cut pieces, I used an embossing stylus and my foam piercing mat - I rubbed the back of each piece gently with the stylus until the piece developed a rounded front.

So play around and do what works for you! I look forward to your projects! Be sure and come back here and post a link to what you've done!

And remember, the most important part of this month is the day you MAIL your cards to the ladies at MD Anderson. The rest of your job is to chat, create and have FUN.

Need a little music to inspire you? Here's that lovely song:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aJxrX42WcjQ?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" height="360" width="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2014 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Attached Images
File Type: png HYCCT 023 copy.png (522.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: png HYCCT 013 copy.png (507.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Scooting By to Say Hi.jpg (43.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1401A_by_LMcAree.jpg (30.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg cupoflove_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (58.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9483_by_dini.JPG (42.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1401A_Attempt_The_Impossible_by_mamaxsix.JPG (47.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: png WT4948lc22_by_Cook22.png (597.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg thanks HYCCT1401B thread.jpg (158.5 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-01-2014 at 05:19 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Shine ON!

Shine On!

Hostess: stamp_momma aka Lori
Keyword: HYCCT1401B
Date: Wednesday, October 1st, 2014

Welcome to Hope You Can Cling To - our 5th anniversary... let that sink in a few minutes 5 years of paper crafting to support cancer awareness for friends across the world... many of whom we have never met. THANK YOU, Splitcoaststampers! You are an amazing group!

Cancer is dark and ugly, but this month at Splitcoast isn't really about cancer... it is about HOPE. Hope for healing, hope for a cure and hope for support for the families and friendships that reel in the realization of a diagnosis and treatment plan.

And, hope my friends isn't dark and ugly. Hope shines bright. Even the smallest candle flickering in the dark can be seen for great distances. That is one of the things we love about card making, no? Sharing a spark of light and encouragement with someone who needs a lift? Maybe someone close enough to feel the warmth of the candle flame and maybe someone who only sees the flicker at a greater distance?

My challenge to you is to create a card that uses light to convey encouragement and hope ... a lamp, a candle, a lightbulb or sunshine! Let me see them glimmer and flicker, and shine on, dear friends... SHINE ON!

I look forward to your projects and cards! Be sure and come back here and post a link to what you've done!
LET IT SHINE, SPLITCOAST!

And remember, the most important part of this month is the day you MAIL your cards to the ladies at MD Anderson. The rest of your job is to chat, create and have FUN.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2014 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg shine HYCCT1401B thread.jpg (132.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg dini.jpg (34.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg hbrown.jpg (52.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Kathleen_Curry.jpg (38.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg LuvLee.jpg (44.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg LMcAree.jpg (29.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpeg mamaxsix.jpeg (37.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: png HYCCT Day 1 by understandblue 003 copy.png (523.7 KB, 29 views)

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-01-2014 at 05:20 AM..
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,119 Likes on 502 Posts

Challenge Title: Hold Onto Your Hope
Hostess: dini aka Dina K.
Keyword: HYCCT1401C
Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Welcome to the 5th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive -- we are sooooo thrilled that you are here!! Thank you so much for supporting this amazing event. This is my favorite time of year. This song lyric always pops into my head during Hope You Can Cling To:
m08251.gif
Hold on to your breath
Hold on to your heart
Hold on to your hope

It's an extremely chirpy song and I love the positivity of the lyrics. (Do you know where it's found? There's a video clip below!) Through difficult times in my life I have been able to keep pushing through by remembering to breathe, bringing my heart to each day, embracing and feeling my feelings, and holding on to hope. Sometimes we just need something (or someone!) to hold on to. To cling to! It thrills me that some dear ladies at MD Anderson will be holding on to the cards that we send, and soaking in courage.

For my challenge, I would like to see something on your card that we hold on to daily -- a HANDLE.

It can be part of a shaped card (like the handle of a teacup or purse), or appear in a stamped image (like the handle on a wagon, door, coffee mug, or suitcase).

Thank you again for joining us! Please see the details below for sending in your cards. Oh, and by the way -- here's where the song is found!

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RG2keYgBiZc?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" height="315" width="420" frameborder="0"></iframe>

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive, and thanks to my sample makers, too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9585.jpg (27.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9488.jpg (51.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1401C_When_Skies_Are_Grey_by_mamaxsix.JPG (42.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg QuiltedBag_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (80.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg groovy HYCCT1401C thread.jpg (149.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: png HYCCT Day 1 by understandblue 004 copy.png (400.5 KB, 19 views)
Vincent Van Gogh

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-01-2014 at 05:23 AM..
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Challenge Title: Hope Floats!
Hostess: rgrohall aka Rebecca aka bellacarta
Keyword: HYCCT1402
Date: Thursday, October 2, 2014

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE <---just click

View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE <---just click

View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE <---just click

Welcome to the 5th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive -- we are sooooo thrilled that you are here!! Thank you so much for supporting this amazing event. I love that we have done this for five years and come together each October for this incredible event!

We all loved the Sandra Bullock movie "Hope Floats" (or at least I did) - your challenge for this card is to have your card reflect an image of something that floats - a life boat, a buoy, marshmallows in a cup of hot chocolate, a lily pad on a reflecting pond, an inflatable pool toy, a rubber duckie or anything else whimsical or serious. Include a message of hope, courage or inspiration on your cardfront.

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Thank you again for joining us! Please see the details below for sending in your cards.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive, and thanks to my sample makers, too! I hope you are inspired by these beautiful samples! Please give my sample makers a round of applause! They came up with some gorgeous cards!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rebecca_sample.jpg (33.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg pilomom sample.jpg (28.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Joycesample.jpg (40.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Leesample.jpg (47.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg stacysample.jpg (76.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg dinisample.jpg (52.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg star HYCCT1402 thread.jpg (139.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3368 dmc.jpg (58.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Joyce_sample2.jpg (53.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg jeanne.jpg (161.3 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-04-2014 at 04:35 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Challenge Title: Stripping Down
Hostess: Holly aka hbrown
Keyword: HYCCT1403
Date: Friday, October 3, 2014

Welcome to the 5th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive -- we are sooooo thrilled that you are here!! Thank you so much for supporting this amazing event.

What is the first thing you have to do when you get a mammogram? Ya gotta strip off your top and your bra, right? So for my challenge, I'm asking you to look through your paper stash to find all those teeny strips that you never use (am I right??) and put them to use making your background for your card.

Pull out your patterned paper or cardstock or even little leftover strips from a technique you may have tried. Glue them together to form your background. Arrange them horizontally, vertically, diagonally, or do a technique such as the Herringbone background. Mix and match papers to your heart's content! BONUS POINTS if you use PINK!!! :-)

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Thank you again for joining us! Please see the details below for sending in your cards.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive, and thanks to my sample makers, too! I hope you are inspired by these beautiful samples!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1403-bra-strips-hbs.jpg (41.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1403c22_by_Cook22.jpg (52.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Stripblossom_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (57.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1403_by_LuvLee.jpg (43.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1403_by_ashjoy.jpg (67.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg kindness 1403 thread.jpg (142.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1403_by_LMcAree.jpg (37.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1403_Happy_Hello_Jeanne_Streiff_by_Jeanne_S.jpg (56.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT-1403-card2_by_outtoimpress.jpg (63.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9588_by_dini (1).jpg (42.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1403 Stripping down by understandblue 002 copy.png (738.9 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by stamp_momma; 10-04-2014 at 05:09 AM..
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,049 Likes on 809 Posts

Challenge Title:Holding It Together
Hostess: Cook22 aka Sabrina
Keyword: HYCCT1404
Date: Saturday, October 4th, 2014

Holding it together...or falling apart.
When someone gets the diagnosis that they really didn�t want and hears that they have cancer, they can feel that their world is falling apart. Sadly many women who hear this news have families, and they have find that inner core of resilience to hold it together for their families.

My challenge to you is to hold it together without your usual resources. No foam dots, no ATG or other tape, no wet glues or Glossy Accents, no glue gun...:shock:
You can use things like brads, eyelets, stitching (machine or hand), staples�

NOTE1: You can�t just make a flat one-layer card. You MUST attach something, even if it�s only a flower with a button stitched through the centre, or a snowflake with a brad to hold it on.
Kudos and bonus points if you make at least at two-layer card.

NOTE 2: Keeping up appearances. Just as a wig or a stylish headscarf helps somebody going through chemo to look good and feel better even when all their hair has fallen out from chemo, we want our cards to look good.
So you ARE allowed make a full card-front (full means the FULL size of the card base) and then attach that to a base with your regular adhesive of choice, to cover up the stitching, brad prongs and whatever else might be showing on the back of your card. But that is the only adhesive you are allowed to use.

:arrow: Stuck ;-) for ideas! Check out the wonderful samples that Fran, Holly, Gail, Joyce, Lori, Barbara, Dina and Patricia have come up with to show you that it CAN be done. And yep, your initial reaction to the challenge is probably exactly the same as theirs was - that it can't be done.
(Thanks to Kiki here in Ireland for the idea some years back, it's not my own original challenge concept).

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

The Department of Volunteer Services � Unit 115
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1404_2_by_philsmom.jpg (54.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1404-be-yourself-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg (24.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1404_Holding_It_Together_Hello_by_mamaxsix.jpg (26.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1405_by_ashjoy.jpg (57.0 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1404_by_LMcAree.jpg (32.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1404_by_bejoyce.jpg (29.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1404c22.jpg (87.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9558_by_dini.jpg (52.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1404_by_PH_in_VA.jpg (33.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1404 by understandblue 002 copy.png (445.2 KB, 35 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

Challenge Title: Two by Two, Side by Side
Hostess: fionna51 aka Diane
Keyword: HYCCT1405
Date: Sunday, October 5th, 2014

The Sister Study, A Study of the Environmental and Genetic Risk Factors for Breast Cancer.

My sister was diagnosed with breast cancer more than 15 years ago. And almost ten years ago I joined the Sister Study, which is made up of 50,000 women whose sisters have had breast cancer. And let me just say that the areas of study are widely varied, and...ummmm...well, let's just say that they're...unique!

This is the Sister Study logo...

...And so...

Your Challenge will be to use BOTH pink AND purple on your card...
AND I want SOME element, or elements, of your card to be in twos. Two flowers, Two trees, Two gals...sisters!...you understand I'm sure!

I want to thank Fran, Dina, Lee, Barbara, Lori, Joyce, and Jennifer for making samples for my challenge. My card, and the ones they made, are attached below.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1405.JPG (28.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9557_by_dini.jpg (54.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1405_by_LuvLee.jpg (46.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg pinkandpurple-HYCCT_by_bejoyce.jpg (26.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1405_by_LMcAree.jpg (30.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1405_1_by_ashjoy.jpg (51.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3373 dmc.jpg (46.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1405_-_Chalkboard_by_jentimko.jpg (45.3 KB, 22 views)
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Challenge Title: A Teddy Bear For My Sister
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: HYCCT1406
Date: Monday, October 6, 2014

This challenge is specially dedicated to my amazing Sister-in-Love....she was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer in March and just finished her last chemo treatment. She has recovered well from her double mastectomy although it took a lot out of her. She has the BEST attitude and humor and still thinks of others!! The first time we visited her in the hospital the morning after her first surgery, we brought a very soft blanket gift. Her oldest daughter told us that it is still her favorite gift out of everything she's received so far. It made me think that "comfort" is such a key in recovery.

So this challenge is called A Teddy Bear for my Sister since teddy bears are very much an iconic image of comfort. The challenge is to use a bear on your card/project. Any bear at all! Now of course you get bonus points for having a pop of pink somewhere! ;)

Now to go with this Teddy Bear challenge....I have a very special prize!!! My lovely, talented friend, Katlyn (K. Joy) hand-made this little bear especially for my HYCCT challenge. She's pink, beautiful, and has her own little birth certificate and puppy friend!!! Katlyn is amazingly talented, did I say that already? ;) This sweet little prize will go to my favorite card uploaded to this challenge!!! (a little disclaimer: this is not a toy and is not safe for young children.)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive, and thanks to my sample makers, too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9560_by_dini.JPG (34.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg hycct14leemjo_by_Scraperwannabe.JPG (39.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1406_by_ashjoy.jpg (77.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1406c22_by_Cook22.jpg (63.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1406_by_LMcAree.jpg (38.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1406-bear_by_bejoyce.jpg (27.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1406_by_philsmom.JPG (37.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1406_by_PH_in_VA.jpg (38.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg BearHugs_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (53.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1406-bow-bear-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg (58.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg bear_by_Kathleen_Curry.jpg (47.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1406_flower_bear_DSC_0083_by_mrslaird.jpg (32.0 KB, 9 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 565 Likes on 452 Posts

Challenge Title: Spoonful of Sugar
Hostess: Scraperwannabe aka Misti
Keyword: HYCCT1407
Date: Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2014

Since the chemo is so nasty, let's make something using a sugary treat image on our project to "help the medicine go down." Ice cream, donuts, chocolates, cake, cookies... I'm not partial when it comes to sugary treats!!! :lol: Using pink is optional.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hycct1407mjo.JPG (141.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1407-CrazyForCupcakes_by_bejoyce.jpg (30.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg hycctdini.jpg (54.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg hycctKathleen_Curry.jpg (34.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1407_by_LuvLee.jpg (43.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1407_by_LMcAree.jpg (39.4 KB, 8 views)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Challenge Title: My Hero
Hostess: bfinlay, aka Bridget
Keyword: HYCCT1408
Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2014

photo f939dc35-a7b1-41d6-81e5-91dfdf4e5075_zps3988a404.jpg

During tough times, some people give us courage and hope by just being who they are! Your challenge is to make a card inspired by someone who is a hero to you, and tell us how they've positively influenced you. Your hero might be someone from the past, for example Abraham Lincoln, Anne Frank, or Eleanor Roosevelt, and you could use a quote on your card. Your hero might be someone close to you like a friend, teacher, colleague, or family member or a well known person you've admired from afar. Whoever you choose, your card could reflect something about their character, their job, or their life. Here's your chance to make a card with any theme or any technique, it just requires that you give a little thought to who has been a significant influence in your life! Be sure to tell us why you chose the person and why they're a hero to you!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than Noon Central Time, Nov. 7th to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

And thank you to my fabulous sample makers, Lori, Gail, Dina, Kathy, Fran, Lee, Kathleen, Stacy and Lydia!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg You_Me_by_LMcAree.jpg (27.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg My_Mother_My_Hero_from_left_by_mamaxsix.jpg (26.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9615_by_dini.jpg (42.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9552_by_CAKath.jpg (42.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1408_by_philsmom.jpg (39.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1408_by_LuvLee.jpg (54.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg hero_by_Kathleen_Curry.jpg (50.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Bravehome_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (73.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 100_9418_by_bfinlay.jpg (72.6 KB, 19 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 359 Likes on 185 Posts

Challenge Title: Laughter is the Best Medicine
Hostess: CAKath aka Kathy
Keyword: HYCCT1409
Date: Thursday, October 9th, 2014

I laugh in the face of breast cancer. Although cancer is no laughing matter, keeping your sense of humor really helps sustain your spirit through surgery, chemo and radiation treatments. Let’s make a card that starts a smile, or gets a giggle.

Let’s kick cancer’s sting with laughter- the very best medicine. Create an uplifting card with something funny on it, a pun, a joke, a funny picture. Go!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg good tri HYYCT1409.jpg (175.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9547.jpg (61.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1409_by_LMcAree.jpg (47.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2ndBase_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (10.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9620_by_dini.JPG (10.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg hycct1409mjo_by_Scraperwannabe.JPG (10.0 KB, 13 views)
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Challenge: Something's Missing
Hostess: Ashjoy, aka Joyce
Keyword: HYCCT1410
Date: Friday, October 10, 2014

Women often think that our breasts somehow defined femininity, so dealing with the loss of one or both gives us a great sense of loss. Some refer to it as phantom limb, while others may not consider a breast a limb but they are an appendage just like an arm or a leg.

So my challenge to you is to make a card with something missing. To let those who have had a mastectomy or double mastectomy know that they are still a whole person. That it's not what they now look like that makes them who thy are. What makes us who we are is how we treat others, what's in our heads and what's in our hearts and how we chose to share that with others.. One, whole, beautiful!

"Often survivors have a great sense if loss. Like they are missing a part
of themselves. Your life looks different, work has changed or you
simply can't do now what you could do before, your body has changed,
your hair has changed, you miss out on things simply because you can't
do them anymore or because you have appointments for treatment or follow
up. My challenge is to honor survivors by making a card that is missing
something. You can do this many ways. Here are a few ideas...use the
spotlight techniques, use the window techniques, remove a strip if card
stock from your card front like I have."

John Mayer- Something Missing

Challenge: make a card with something missing. It can be a window card, use a die cut negative, use your imagination and have fun!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than******** insert upload deadline to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive for a great cause!
Attached Images
File Type: png Water Stamping by Understandblue.png (362.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1410.jpg (35.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg sample 1.jpg (43.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg sample 2.jpg (29.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg sample 3.jpg (39.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg sample 4.JPG (2.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg sample 5.jpg (4.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg sample 6.JPG (2.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg sample 7.jpg (4.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg sample 8.jpg (2.9 KB, 29 views)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Challenge Title: Chicks stick together
Hostess: philsmom aka Fran
Keyword:
HYCCT1411
Date: Saturday, October 11th, 2014

***********CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION***********
I happened upon this little chickie and I thought she looked like she could use a friend. She reminded me of sitting in a doctor�s exam room wearing a paper gown. She actually just had her 5 year post-op mammogram and is awaiting the results. (Chickens have breasts, right?)

How much easier is it to go through life with a friend you can count on to be there through the good, the bad and the scary? We need a network of friends to share our joys and divide our sorrows.

Make a card celebrating your sister peeps, friends or friendship. You can use images of friends, friendship sentiments or chickens.

When my friend Suz lived in Russia, chicken breasts were rarer than hen's teeth. She was at the market and when her turn came up at the counter she saw chicken breasts. She could not remember the words for chicken breasts so she flapped her arms and pointed to her breasts. The woman behind the counter laughed, but she got the order correct! I am so lucky to have such a friend. She surely has been there for me through the good, the bad and the scary times. Lets celebrate our sister peeps with this challenge.

Functional Work | Shlomit Ceramics

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you to my talented sample makers for inspiring us with their creative cards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chicken tea_pot.jpg (7.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1411IMG_9576_by_dini.jpg (3.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1411_by_LuvLee.jpg (4.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1411.jpg (49.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1411 GoofyChick_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (84.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1411 HYCCT1411_cool_chickDSC_0094_by_mrslaird.jpg (36.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1411 TeresaKline_by_va_sunshine.jpg (95.4 KB, 10 views)

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Challenge Title: Warm Fuzzies
Hostess: LMcAree - Lori
Keyword: HYCCT1412
Date: Sunday, October 12th, 2014

Fatigue is one of the big side effects of both radiation and chemotherapy. I imagine it is important to the folks going through these treatments to feel as warm and cozy as possible. Let's do what we can to give them the warm fuzzies!! For my challenge I would like you to use warm colors (color wheel below) and something fuzzy, ie: blanket, sweater, animal images, twine, yarn, etc.
Warm colors with fuzzies, ie: animal, twine, flower soft, blanket something fuzzy

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive! And a big thanks to my wonderful sample makers!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagesCA5VHMBZ.jpg (3.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1412.jpg (45.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1412_Warm_Fuzzies_DSC_0070_by_mrslaird.jpg (3.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9580_by_dini.JPG (3.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1412_by_philsmom.JPG (3.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg BunnyPower_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (5.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg warmandfuzzy_by_Kathleen_Curry.jpg (4.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9499_by_KelliJo.JPG (3.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1412_by_LuvLee.jpg (3.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Thinking_of_You_Jeanne_Streiff_by_Jeanne_S.jpg (3.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3374_dmc_by_fionna51.JPG (2.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1412_Warm_Fuzzy_Survivor_by_mamaxsix.JPG (2.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg hycct1412snugglebunny_by_Scraperwannabe.JPG (3.4 KB, 7 views)

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts
BCRibbon Heart Song

Challenge Title: Heart Song
Hostess: Susie Lessard (Paperpunchscissors)
Keyword: HYCCT1413
Date: Monday, October 13th, 2014

Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.
~ Emory Austin

Use music, birds, hearts, words of encouragement on your card. You may use any medium/technique on your card.

I'm happy to participate in the 5th annual HYCCT challenge this year. My card is dedicated to a dear friend whom I've known for many years. Rosalee was diagnosed this summer with breast cancer and just received her last round of chemo (which has made her extremely ill). I hope my card to her, and those I've sent to M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, will be a bright spot in a difficult day. Your participation this year is so appreciated. Time and talent given freely to lift someone's spirit. I hope you'll enjoy this challenge. I'm looking forward to each and every heartfelt creation.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive! And a big thank you to Dina, Angie, and Lydia who created samples for my challenge. Let's sing it like we mean it today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Heart Song.jpg (38.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9529_by_dini.jpg (30.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 10_13_14_HYCCT1413_SusieL_0035_by_ohmypaper_.JPG (59.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Blog hop by understandblue 002 copy.png (327.6 KB, 13 views)
My Blog
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 283 Likes on 183 Posts

Challenge Title: It's Time to Step Up!
Hostess: berlycece (Kim)
Keyword: HYCCT1414
Date: Tuesday October 14, 2014

When friends and family struggle with breast cancer, or any serious medical condition, it is often hard to ask for help. Sometimes, we need to take the initiative... to Step Up with love and compassion. This may be shown in tangible practical ways, like helping someone with housework or childcare. It may also be with the less practical, but oh-so-important expressions of love, such as hugs, phone calls..and Hand Crafted Cards! :mrgreen:

My challenge to you is to make a STEP Card. Never made one before? Me neither!! I had to challenge myself too! I went through a few more sheets of bermuda bay than I intended! heehee Splitcoaststampers has several wonderful Tutorials...

Circular Step Card
Center Step Card
Side Step Card

In the comments of the center fold card, someone shared a link to measurements for an A2 card.

Now...if fancy folds make you nervous, Be not afraid! I made a "step card" years ago (which inspired this challenge) that uses an image cut up, as in stair steps. I included a sample below. Just be sure to Have FUN!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1414 Step Up.jpg (38.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1414_by_LMcAree.jpg (2.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1414_by_LuvLee.jpg (4.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1414c22_by_Cook22.jpg (57.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1414_You_re_Special_by_susie_australia.jpg (3.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg RoseStepangle_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (5.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1414 Step Up Flower.jpg (56.0 KB, 21 views)
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Challenge Title: Soft and Cozy
Hostess: dougnat aka Natalie
Keyword: HYCCT1415
Date: Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2014

When my mom was on chemo and not feeling good she would always want to wear something soft and cozy.
so my challenge is to use something that is soft and cozy like fabric, felt, ect. OR use and image that evokes the feeling of softness or coziness.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November ______ at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg _MG_4722.jpg (58.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg _MG_4725.jpg (44.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1415 Felt Flowers.JPG (125.5 KB, 15 views)
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 377 Likes on 322 Posts

Challenge: Stampless
Hostess: mrslaird aka Paula
Keyword: HYCCT1416
Date: Thursday, October 16, 2014

We care a lot about our hair. We have good hair days and bad hair days. It's kind of a beauty stand-by. What do you do when that's gone? My hope is that you find a new way to feel beautiful. In honor of all the cancer fighters who have to deal with hair loss and find new ways to feel beautiful, we are going to make beautiful cards without using a stamping stand-by, stamps. You can use dies, stickers, paint, your handwriting, a postcard, anything and everything that isn't a stamp!

Challenge: Make a project without using any stamps. Have fun letting other techniques and tools shine! (You can stamp an inside sentiment if you'd like.)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT16_Beauty_in_Loss_by_mamaxsix.JPG (2.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1416_by_LuvLee.jpg (3.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1416_by_philsmom.JPG (27.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1416_by_va_sunshine.JPG (97.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1416-no_stamps_by_bejoyce.jpg (22.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6229_by_rgrohall.jpg (28.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9492_by_dini.JPG (47.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Noel_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (62.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg nostamps_by_Kathleen_Curry.jpg (47.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1416 WinterDSC_0109.jpg (68.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1416c22_by_Cook22.png (21.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1416_Home_by_susie_australia.jpg (4.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1416_by_PH_in_VA.jpg (2.1 KB, 8 views)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor

Challenge: All That Binds Us Challenge
Hostess: Edna15
Keyword: HYCCT1417
Date: Friday, October 17, 2014

Many people have things that bind them together during treatment, their family, the breast cancer community, volunteers, their friends… the things that bind people are the things that give them strength and make them a fighter and give them the will to survive.

*Bind the spine of your card in honour of the strength such bindings give to breast cancer patients:
*Mimic a book spine with tape, Bind the spine with thread, or go all out and make a multilayered card with a threaded and wrapped spine… make is strong, make it last, make a statement!"

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

AND a very big thank you to my lovely sample makers LuvLee, Kellijo, JBgreendawn, Kathleen Curry and Cook22
Attachment 301135Attachment 301136Attachment 301137Attachment 301138Attachment 301139
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1417_by_LuvLee.jpg (42.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9497_by_KelliJo.JPG (172.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Boundthoughts_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (61.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg tiededge_by_Kathleen_Curry.jpg (26.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1417c22_by_Cook22.jpg (51.6 KB, 27 views)
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Challenge Title: Keeping Connected
Hostess: Gail (mamaxsix)
Keyword: HYCCT1418
Date: Saturday October 18, 2014

KEEPING CONNECTED is one of the tough challenges for cancer patients. Between the disruption of regular life activities and the demands of treatment, relationships are hard to maintain. It has meant so much to my mom to have people make an effort to keep connected through phone calls, visits, email, and cards especially when she was in the most active time of her treatment!
My challenge to you is to illustrate the idea of keeping connected. You can either connect the elements on your card via doodles, stitching, twine, tape, etc. and/or depict one of the means of connection: snail mail, telephone calls, girlfriend time, etc.

Can't wait to see where the idea of KEEPING CONNECTED takes you!

Challenge Description: Connect one element on your card to another element using doodles, tape, twine, etc AND/OR depict a means of connection such as snail mail, telephone calls, girlfriend time, etc.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

A big thank you to my awesome sample makers: Lori, Fran, Lee, Dina, Kathy, Jeanne, Barbara, and Stacy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1418_by_LMcAree.jpg (42.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1418_by_philsmom.jpg (30.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1418_by_LuvLee.jpg (45.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9628_by_dini.jpg (40.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9593_by_CAKath.jpg (41.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1418_Lets_Talk_Jeanne_Streiff_by_Jeanne_S.jpg (115.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg MeliaOnHerShellphone_by_bejoyce.jpg (35.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg callnotes12_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (30.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1418 Here For Each Other.jpg (21.1 KB, 16 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Challenge Title: Spread It Around
Hostess: bejoyce aka Barbara
Keyword: HYCCT1419
Date: Sunday, October 19, 2014

Welcome to the 5th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive -- we are sooooo thrilled that you are here!! Thank you so much for supporting this amazing event.

I've been fortunate with the outcomes of most of my mammograms, but I've had several scares, including one time when I needed an ultrasound because of a suspicious place on a mammogram. You might know that when you have an ultrasound, the first thing the technician does is to spread a jelly-like substance on your skin.

So my challenge to you is to use Embossing Paste and spread it around on your card. You might want to use a stencil, you might sprinkle your embossing paste with embossing powder and then heat, you might color your embossing paste with reinker, you might use it on a card where frosting is shown on a cake (use a toothpick to spread it around). Bonus points if your embossing paste is pink!

Thanks to Gail (mammasix) for suggesting that I add a recipe for a substitute for embossing paste, and to Susie (susie australia) for the recipe:

Here is the recipe Susie has used for embossing paste. She used kids washable school glue and baby powder. Consistency of toothpaste. You can use white or coloured paint. She has hers in a sealed container made over one month ago.

RECIPE for texture paste. 1 part white acrylic paint, 1 part talcum powder, 1/2 part liquid glue.

Other suggestions are in the shopping list here.

This challenge is also meant to encourage you to "spread it around" to all your friends, about the importance of getting regular mammograms!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

I would also like to thank the wonderful artists who created sample cards for this challenge! Fran, Kathy, Holly, Lee, Stacy, Gail, Dina, Kelli and Teresa, your work is phenomenal, and I am so grateful!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hycct19-embossing_paste1_by_bejoyce.jpg (27.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1419cake.jpg (25.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1419_by_philsmom.jpg (43.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg gel_by_Kathleen_Curry.jpg (34.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1419-tiny-matters-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg (47.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1419_by_LuvLee.jpg (34.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Paintedleaves_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (77.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpeg HYCCT1419_Embossing_Paste_Wedding_by_mamaxsix.jpeg (29.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9676_by_dini.JPG (3.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_9505_by_KelliJo.jpeg (171.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpeg HYCCT1419TeresaKline_by_va_sunshine.jpeg (82.2 KB, 14 views)
SCS Fan Club Member
Color Challenge Team Member
QFTD215
Die Cut Diva

Challenge Title:Get Smooshed
Hostess: outtoimpress a.k.a Julie
Keyword: HYCCT1420
Date: Monday, October 20, 2014

In the past 15 years, more than 200,000 breast cancer deaths have been averted thanks to that ground-breaking test we know and love -- the mammogram. With this challenge, help spread the word! All you need to do is try one of these fun Splitcoast tutorials (Ink,Spray,Smash or Acrylic Smash), make a card to inspire others and encourage those women you love to "smoosh or smash" and get that annual mammogram!

Ink Spray Smash Technique

Acrylic Smash Technique

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th at 12 Noon CST to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

DONATE CARDS BY SENDING TO:
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive & thanks to the fabulously talented ladies who helped make samples for this challenge!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cherish 1421 thread.jpg (154.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg hycct-holly.jpg (57.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1420.jpg (172.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1420B.jpg (80.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg hycct-DAWN.jpg (76.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT-DINA.jpg (36.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg hycct-LEE.jpg (44.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png HYCCT-SABRINA.png (555.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT LeavesACope.jpg (47.6 KB, 19 views)
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 122 Likes on 108 Posts

Challenge Title: Get Inked!
Hostess: PH in VA, a/k/a Patricia
Keyword: HYCCT1421
Date: Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Welcome to Day 21 of this year's Hope You Can Cling To challenges! We're glad to have you join us in this worthy cause.

When my mom was being prepared for her radiation treatments, her breast was tattooed with dots so that each day, the technicians would know where to aim the machines to zap the cancer cells. My sisters and I joked that of all the people in the family, we never thought our mom would be the first to get inked with a tattoo!

In honor of cancer patients receiving radiation, today's challenge is to drip or spray a liquid ink so that your cardstock gets inked with dots or spots. There are lots of different ways you can do this. Here are a few ideas:
1. Simply drip ink from a reinker bottle onto your cardstock. Experiment with holding the bottle closer or farther away from the cardstock to get different size drops. You can try moving or spinning the cardstock before it absorbs the ink to get more different looks.
2. Dip an artists' paintbrush into a pool of ink. Hold the brush over your cardstock, and tap the brush to allow the ink to splatter onto the cardstock.
3. Dip an old toothbrush into a pool of ink. Hold it over your cardstock and flick the bristles to splatter the ink on your cardstock.
4. Use a spray ink (such as Perfect Pearls, Dylusions, or Adirondack Color Wash), or make your own by mixing rubbing alcohol and several drops of reinker in a spray bottle.

Consider this a "play with liquids" challenge! You may use whatever type of liquid ink you prefer (stamp pad reinker, alcohol inks, sprays, etc.) and whatever color(s) of ink you'd like... but you'll get bonus points if you use pink. You may use your spotted and dotted cardstock for your card's main focal point or for something in the background. Have fun with this, and don't be afraid to get a little messy! (You may want to wear disposable gloves and/or cover your workspace with scrap paper or old newspapers. Ask me how I know. :lol

View the entire Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7, 2014 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine Hope You Can Cling To challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

I'd like to extend a hug of thanks to my sample makers - Bridget, Dina, Fran, Holly, Jen, Paula, and Teresa. You girls make my heart smile!

Thank you so much for participating in this card drive! I'm looking forward to seeing how creatively your cardstock can get inked with dots and spots!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1421 strong.jpg (38.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg sample - Bridget.JPG (29.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg sample - Dina.JPG (23.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg sample - Fran.jpg (43.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1421 birthday.jpg (41.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg sample - Holly.jpg (52.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg sample - Jen.JPG (29.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1421 Christmas.jpg (26.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg sample - Paula.jpg (41.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg sample - Teresa.JPG (84.9 KB, 13 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

Challenge Title: Show me the Love
Hostess: JBgreendawn ~ Stacy Sheldon
Keyword: HYCCT1422
Date: Wednesday October 22nd, 2014

Challenge : This is a really simple idea, everyone everywhere wants to be told they are loved. or say I love you. so, the twist for this challenge is for you to create your project showing the love without putting the sentiment "I Love You" on the front cover.

It is perfectly OK to use any other sentiment that conveys that with your image and or to add that sentiment to the inside of a card. ( If you put a sentiment on the inside of the card it is a good idea to stamp it a second time on a small scrap with the words "this sentiment stamped inside" that could be placed inside your clear packaging so, that people do not have to open every card and get fingerprints on them to see that it is not blank inside) does that make sense? I will upload a photo of what I mean.

This can be any kind of love you want to show, for a spouse, for a friend, for a child.
and no, my sample does not say Merry Christmas inside, this was just a photo I had handy in my computer to show what I meant.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE:
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2014 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes!Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine HYCCT challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive! and Thanks especially to my sample makers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1422_by_philsmom.jpg (33.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1422c22_by_Cook22.png (806.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1422_by_LuvLee.jpg (42.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9661_by_dini (1).jpg (58.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1422_by_PH_in_VA.jpg (22.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg foreverlove JBgreendawn.jpg (77.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1422_by_LMcAree.jpg (41.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg love_by_Kathleen_Curry.jpg (50.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg hycct22_0009_by_ohmypaper_.jpg (30.6 KB, 19 views)

My Blog
Stazon Splitcoast

Challenge Title: Tissue? I hardly even know you!
Hostess: stampinCPA aka Debbi
Keyword: HYCCT1423
Date: Thursday, October 23, 2014

The title comes from an old joke, but cancer is no laughing matter.

Diagnosis and treatment can be overwhelming, resulting in a release of emotion through tears - tears of sadness, tears of joy, tears of frustration, tears of exhaustion. Tears need tissues. Your challenge is to use tissue paper on your card. Some techniques to inspire you include faux silk, acetate and tissue, and tissue flowers.

Here are some links to get you started:
Tissue Flowers
Acetate and Tissue
Faux Silk

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you to my fabulous fellow HYCCT Challenge Hostesses for the plethora of outstanding samples!
Attached Images
File Type: png HYCCT Grab a Tissue by understandblue 003 copy.png (851.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg wings HYCCT1423 thread.jpg (161.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT201423-Tissue(small).jpg (70.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1423_-_Tissue_flower_by_jentimko.jpg (45.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1423_by_philsmom.jpg (37.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1423c22_by_Cook22.jpg (64.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg hycct1423-Tissue_by_bejoyce.jpg (25.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Pinkstar_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (69.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1423_by_dini.jpg (62.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1423_by_LuvLee.jpg (37.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1423_by_mamaxsix.jpg (172.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT23_0006_by_ohmypaper_.jpg (53.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1423_by_LMcAree.jpg (49.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1423_Tissue_ThanksDSC_0117_by_mrslaird.jpg (35.3 KB, 11 views)
Favorites Team Notifier

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Challenge Title: Resist, being resilient, shining through, coming out on top!
Hostess: Stamperrobin aka Robin Clendenning
Keyword: HYCCT1424
Date: October 24, 2014
Welcome to day 24 of this year's Hope You Can Cling To (HYCCT). This is my first time to hostess this special challenge!! I hope you will all join in the fun! Most of us have been affected one way or another by cancer, it is a terrible disease that takes loved one, friends, children...it does not care who you are or how old you are...let's do something to show we care! Use your "stuff" to put a smile on someone's face!!

***************CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION*******************
Use any kind of resist technique. Here are some tutorials to help you get started.
Spray Texture Resist
Crayon Rubbed Embossed
Waxed Paper Resist
Wax Paper Resist, a different one

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

_____
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1424_Rose_Resist_Medallion_by_mamaxsix.jpg (32.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9611_by_dini.jpg (51.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1424_by_philsmom.jpg (31.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1424c22_by_Cook22.jpg (49.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg TurtleHugs_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (75.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1424_Thoughts_and_Prayers.jpg (56.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0124_by_PaperPunchScissors.jpg (38.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1424_by_LuvLee.jpg (31.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT_1424_Forest_flowers_by_susie_australia.jpg (51.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0546_by_Stamperrobin.jpg (109.0 KB, 10 views)
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Challenge Title: Bokeh De Boppitty Boo
Hostess: Kelli Jo // Kelli
Keyword: HYCCT1425
Date: October 25, 2014

Hey Peeps! It's time to get out our Magic Wands and Get rid of that Cancer... just repeat after me, Bokeh De Boppity Boo! SEE THERE!!!! **poof** Well, if only it were that easy, but let's give it a go.

Create a card using the Bokeh Technique. Lets leave little magic wand prints on our cards!!!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery Here
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread

Attachment 301234

Thank you to my Sample Makers!!!! GORGEOUS CARDS!!!!

Attachment 301236 Attachment 301237 Attachment 301238 Attachment 301239 Attachment 301240 Attachment 301241

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Read more: Official Challenge Format by UnderstandBlue at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9506.JPG (165.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg BokahLuv_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (4.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1425_by_LuvLee.jpg (3.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1425_by_philsmom.JPG (2.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1425-bokeh-hello2-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg (3.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1425c22_by_Cook22.png (31.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9505_by_dini.JPG (3.7 KB, 13 views)
Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess

Challenge Title: Let's CHEER!
Hostess: va.sunshine aka Teresa Kline
Keyword: HYCCT1426
Date: Sunday; October 26, 2014

Challenge Description

We must stick together and cheer each other on when a family member has cancer. We all have to fight together to reach our goal...so let's cheer! I have used a famous cheer to show my support and to challenge you. We aren't the young cheerleaders we once were, so use a little liberty with my challenge!

Give me a B....Give me an O...Give me another O...Give me a B.....give me an S....WHATCGA GOT....BOOOBS...go, fight, win!

B...use black
O...use at least one circle layer
O...use some type of round gem
B...use blue
S...use a sentiment

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you all for your support and thank you so much to all of my sample makers....mwah!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9487_by_dini.jpg (35.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1426_by_LuvLee.jpg (54.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 1410262014HYCCT1426.JPG (105.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1426BOOBS_by_bejoyce.jpg (38.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1426_by_LMcAree.jpg (44.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1426_by_PH_in_VA.jpg (30.8 KB, 10 views)
designing for
verve stamps, sunday stamps, inspired by, and as you see it challenges
AMAZON shopping

Philippians 4:6-7

Looking for a place to send your stash of cards? Check out Cards For A Cause
Help US Help Others!

BCRibbon Thanks x 2

Challenge Title: Thanks x 2
Hostess: Tabbatha S a.k.a aislinnshannara
Keyword: HYCCT1427
Date: Monday, October 27, 2014

One of the lessons of the unexpected is to be thankful for every moment, thankful for friends and family who support each other, thankful for so much outpouring of love, thankful to be able to just breathe.

Sometimes in our darkest hours can unexpected pairings happen. Two unexpected things coming together to create something wonderful. My challenge is to make a card expressing thanks or gratitude using a minimum of 2 mediums. This can be ink and paint, ink and sprays, embossing and paint, etc. Any two mediums of your choice.

For my card I chose to pair up Distress Stains/Inks and Embossing Powder. The thick embossing powder was further paired up with a wood grain stencil. Life might leave us feeling black and blue and red all over, but with the special people to help us through we CAN over come everything.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Read more: Official Challenge Format by UnderstandBlue at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT_1427_by_aislinnshannara.jpg (70.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Beacon_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (69.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1427_by_LMcAree.jpg (40.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1427_by_LuvLee.jpg (45.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1427_by_philsmom.jpg (40.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1427thanksc22_by_Cook22.jpg (62.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9641_by_dini.jpg (61.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1427_Mixed_Media_Thanks_by_mamaxsix.jpg (26.1 KB, 19 views)
Take time to do what makes your soul happy.
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Challenge Title: Pretty Pink Balloons
Hostess: Jeanne aka JeanneS
Keyword: HYCCT1428
Date: Tuesday, October 28th, 2014

Welcome to the 5th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive -- we are so happy that you are here sharing the love!! Thank you so much for supporting this amazing event.

My challenge to you is to make a card with pink balloons! It can be any theme you would like but it must have at least one pink balloon.

Balloons make me happy.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive, and thanks to my sample makers, too! I hope you are inspired by these beautiful samples!

Read more: Master Challenge Thread - Post in Order - No Chatter! :) by UnderstandBlue at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1428 Love and Laughter Jeanne_Streiff.jpg (137.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Lori.jpg (28.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Lee.jpg (41.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Dina.jpg (66.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg philsmom.jpg (36.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Sabrina.jpg (61.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Stacy.jpg (87.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Teresa.jpg (63.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-28-2014 at 03:56 AM..
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Challenge Title: I've Got Your Back
Hostess: susie australia aka Susie Williams
Keyword: HYCCT1429
Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2104

This amazing month is almost over, I hope you have a few more challenges in you. I asked a lady recently what support helped her the most during her treatment. She said that family and friends did a roster for cooking, cleaning, driving to the hospital etc. Whilst their help was invaluable, she said it was a couple of close girlfriends that "had her back". She could ring day or night and they would be there to step in and do something that she wasn't up to on the day.

Her story gave me the idea to create cards making our own background...without using designer paper on the background. Go crazy with ink, paint, stamps, cork, fabric, corregated cardboard...anything you like except dp.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE here
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery here
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread here

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1.jpg (46.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT2.JPG (48.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT3.jpg (41.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT4.jpg (58.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT5.jpg (49.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT6.jpg (35.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT7.jpg (148.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT8.jpg (42.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png HYCCT9.png (678.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT10.jpg (40.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT11.jpg (62.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT12.jpg (39.9 KB, 8 views)

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Challenge Title: Hope Soars
Hostess: jentimko aka Jen
Keyword: HYCCT1430
Date: Thursday, October 30, 2014

Welcome to day 30 of the Hope You Can Cling To Challenge 2014. I'm in such awe of this 5th year of compassion and caring for those fighting cancer.

I know that when the diagnosis of cancer is first heard, it can feel like the world has turned against you. I found this quote to be particularly fitting and I'm hoping it will provide some inspiration.

My challenge to you: Cards inspired by things that take off!

Let's make beautiful cards that help spirits soar. Butterflies, birds, balloons�all of these take off and bring joy. I'm so excited to see you soaring in the gallery!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive and a special thank you to my sample makers who provided this amazing inspiration!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1430 - jentimko - Hope Soars.jpg (46.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1430 - abbysmom2198.jpg (30.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1430 - Jenmitchell.jpg (46.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1430 - kyann22.png (629.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1430 - dini.JPG (33.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1430 - JBgreendawn.jpg (86.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1430 - LuvLee.jpg (40.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1430 - mamaxsix.JPG (22.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1430 - philsmom.jpg (33.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1430 - stampinCPA.jpg (51.3 KB, 9 views)

My Blog: Stampin' on the Fly

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts

Challenge Title: Tilted Layer(s)
Hostess: ohmypaper! (Angie)
Keyword: HYCCT1431A
Date: Friday, 31st, 2014

Hello! Can you believe we have made it to the last day of HYCCT 2014? I hope you have been able to join in this month and play along with many of the challenges. It's been a wonderful month full of inspirational stories and amazing art.

My MIL was visiting us for a week when she received an unexpected phone call from her sister. Her sister had breast cancer. In those few moments their world wasn't quite the same, their world tilted. My MIL was ready then and there to cut her visit short and hop a plane back to her sister. That was over ten years ago and I am happy to share that since undergoing treatment my husband's Aunt has been cancer free!

My challenge should you choose to accept it: Create something beautiful with one or more tilted layers

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

A HUGE thank you to all of my sample makers. You rock!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Backglance_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (5.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1431A_by_philsmom.JPG (3.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg tilted_by_Kathleen_Curry.jpg (3.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 10.31. Hycct1431A_0005.jpg (63.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png MIX89 by Understandblue 002 copy.png (667.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1431A Tilted Flower.jpg (31.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1431A_by_LuvLee.jpg (43.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1431A_by_PH_in_VA.jpg (39.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1431Ac22_by_Cook22.jpg (51.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9653_by_dini.jpg (40.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9622_by_CAKath.jpg (27.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1431A_Tilted_Lovley_by_mamaxsix.jpg (27.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Cup_of_Hope_by_PaperPunchScissors.jpg (51.7 KB, 4 views)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Challenge Title: The Fault in Our Stars
Hostess: Kathleen Curry (Kathy)
Keyword: HYCCT1431B
Date: Friday, October 31st, 2014

When my bestie recommended the book, The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green, a few years back, I dove right in and read it in a few short days. While I was expecting a sad story, it really was so much more than that. The thing that touched me the most was the sweet and funny romance that developed between the two teens, Hazel and Gus, who met at a cancer support group.

I watched the movie two weeks ago, and WOW! It was really well done and very close to the book. I highly recommend it.

My challenge for you is to create a sweetly romantic card for someone to give to their significant other. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Now here are some gorgeous samples to inspire you. Thanks a million to all my sample makers, they are all amazing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg faultinourstars.jpg (55.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1431B_by_LuvLee.jpg (55.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpeg HYCCT1431B_by_philsmom.jpeg (41.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpeg HYCCT1431B_Mon_Amour_2_by_mamaxsix.jpeg (46.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1431Bc22_by_Cook22.png (687.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_9601_by_dini.jpeg (34.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg LoveYa_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (90.6 KB, 14 views)
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Another Year In the Books

Hostess: Understandblue aka Lydia
Keyword: HYCCT1431C
Date: Friday, October 31st, 2014

This has been the FASTEST Hope You Can Cling To EVER! Thank you so much for participating and most importantly, sending your cards to the patients at MD Anderson this year. Your creations have been amazing.

As I was thinking about closing this year's challenge, I was amazed that we've put a fifth year in the books. So I thought about books for a minute and...

my challenge is - be inspired by your favorite children's book!

I chose one of my first book loves - Winnie the Pooh. I loved Pooh's bumbling optimism, and sweetness. I love how Milne contrasted him with the cranky and depressed Eeyore. There was a great lesson in those books about attitude and how it can change your circumstances.

So what was your favorite children's book, and why?

Put that on a card and tell me your story!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: png HYCCT1431C 004 copy.png (707.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9775_by_dini.JPG (42.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT-Pooh_by_bejoyce.jpg (34.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1431Cc22_by_Cook22.jpg (41.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3438_dmc_by_fionna51.jpg (48.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1431C_by_LuvLee.jpg (34.7 KB, 13 views)