View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2014, 05:56 AM   #1
Cook22
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Default TLC500 ~ Stamp Etching (And a Little Sparkle) ~ {09/22/2014}

Five hundred TLCs!!! Can you believe it? At first I was going to visit the other "centenary" challenges, but not surprisingly several of them were re-visiting older challenges , and a couple of links didn't work any more, so I went back to my plan A from before I realised we were celebrating.
BUT - to celebrate, add some sparkle to your card when you're finishing if off. Gold, silver, sparkle, bling - something to add to the party feel in the gallery today.

Today we are going to try Lydia's recent tutorial for STAMP ETCHING.
You can find the tutorial in our Tutorials Section HERE, and there is also a video tutorial underneath the photo tutorial.

Variations: keep it black and white, make it coloured.
Don't have a suitable line-art stamp? I stamped a silhouette stamp using misting with markers, outlined it and then attempted my etching. This challenge is one that's out of my own personal comfort zone .
Remember to ADD SOME SPARKLE to celebrate 500 challenges.

When you've created your card, upload it to the gallery (we have a special gallery for this technique: choose Technique Spotlight from the main gallery drop-down, and Stamp Etching from the sub gallery drop-down options.
Remember to use the keyword TLC500, and then come back and share a link here to make it easy for people to find your card.

My card: Etched Coneflowers

If you're not sure how to link your card on the thread here, here's how .

1. Open 2 windows or tabs: one window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
Attached Thumbnails
tlc500c22.jpg  

Last edited by Cook22; 09-22-2014 at 02:05 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!