Thread: Read Me first
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 07:33 AM   #277
bnk091182
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up New Business Member from NC

Hi! I just joined and thought I'd intro myself. I "accidentally got obsessed" with stamping at Christmas when one of my coworker's spouse sent in Christmas gift cards in the cutest little envelope. She's a SU! Dem and I inquired about a catalog. Wellllll . . . the catalog hooked me, and she reeled me in! She was just starting a SU! Club at her home, and I was the second to sign up. We have so much fun, learn so much and Lisa has generously shared all her supplies and knowledge, and SO MUCH of her time by cutting a lot of the papers etc. prior to the meeting so we can jump right into the technique part!
The catch here is this: I am not actually that into greeting cards. They are so pretty, so different, etc. and I do love them, but my main focus in my club participation is to learn new techniques that will enable me to embellish my soap and body product boxes uniquely! I have a business and website for those with eczema as well as those without, and I feature products that are natural remedies and unfragranced to aid allergy and eczema sufferers. I handmake my own products, so naturally I want a unique packaging design. I'm still carving it out, and each month I learn something new to come back and experiment with and improve my designing skills. By summer, I will be ready to unveil my new packaging, and thanks to Lisa and my SU! Club, I will have the skills with which to project a personal yet professional image!
And one last BIG BENEFIT . . . now that I've found SPLITCOAST (thanks again to Lisa), I don't have to wait for the monthly meeting to roll around! There's a meeting right here all the time!!! I will NEVER get through all the beneficial material, but I will have fun or die trying!!! Thanks for a wonderful website, I'm a paying subscriber and hooked for life!!!
www.PottingshedApothecary.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!