Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT290~February 18, 2014~Willamena Wooka and the Chocolate Cat

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #290

Willamena Wooka and the Chocolate Cat

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story:

1: In the world of chocolatiers, the Salon du Chocolat is the not-to-be-missed event for those who share a passion for this exceptional product. It is a 3-4 day affair in 20,000 sqm exhibition space dedicated to chocolate and confectionary. Being a worldwide event and a veritable international label, the Salon du Chocolat hosts more than 550 participants, including over 200 chefs and pastry chefs from France and all over the world. Cocoa experts, iconic brands, artisans, historians, authors, pastry chefs, ... they all share their experience to enlighten visitors about the symbolism of chocolate. To be invited to participate and lead demonstrations in your specialty area is a high honor the likes of which Willamena Wooka had only dreamed of before. But when she opened the cream vellum envelope with gold leaf lining and pulled out the one page missive that smelled like the finest cocoa, she knew that this was the culmination of all her dreams. Finally she was going to be recognized on the world stage for her intricate carved chocolate sculptures.

2: In a whirl of activity the likes of which had never been seen in her shop before, she frantically jumped from one task to another, from one emotion to another, from one design to another....Unable to decide on which sculpture form to enter for the design portion, she decided on a monumental piece which would include multiple pieces highlighting different styles of her past designs. Never one to shy away from a daunting task nor one to rethink the feasibility of a plan once she settled on it, she started pulling sheets of paper and pencils together and busily sketching out a design. Scratch, scratch, scratch.....all day and into the night she tried to come up with a piece that would tie it all together. Finally near dawn, she had a plan, and with that she set about drawing up lists of ingredients, equip, things that could be made ahead and what to do first. She had to make a practice model first so she could make any changes to the design before making it on stage.

3: After hours and hours of work, and redesigning as she went, Willamena had the main body of the design done but the topper wasn't working out at all well. And furthermore, her cat Sir Winston was wreaking havoc on the shop and trying to fray her nerves even more with his yowlings. He was getting into everything in the shop which he normally didn't go near and it was really beginning to irritate her. Deciding to call it a day, she put Sir Winston out and locked up planning on starting fresh the next day.

4: Next day as Willamena opens the door to her shop, hoping to have a surge of design inspiration, she spies Sir Winston up on the table with her sculpture. Gasping, she shoos him away and turns to survey the damage. "OH NO" she gasps....what have you done? On top of her sculpture where the final ornament is to be is a disproportionately small cat head out of white and dark chocolate...."This will never do" she wails....."Everyone knows I don't do faces on any sculpture".....Oh what to do, what to do. And she is now out of white chocolate and since she had bought out her supplier's stock, he wouldn't have any more in stock yet.

5: Wailing, and flailing her arms around she turns here and there trying to come up with a plan to salvage this design. Rut-Roh...she's working herself into a real tizzy....a frenzy if you will....it is sure to get messy. Sir Winston knows he is in real trouble and decides he better find a way to get himself out of this mess or pack his bags. So off he scampers to think up a plan.

Challenge Translation:

Bring chocolate; white, brown, black, mild or wild. Just bring it so we can get the design flaw fixed. If you wanna bring cats, you best head for the back door where they can be kept out of the chocolate. I don't want cat hairs with my chocolate and Willamena promised us we could sample the candies.

Destination Station:

This week our destination is to the mother of SCS'r Gingerbeary8

If you want to know why and get an address to send your card to, please check post 394 in the destination station.

Here is a quick link to the MMTPT290 gallery

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT290 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT290~February 18, 2014~Willamena Wooka and the Chocolate Cat-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg   MMTPT290~February 18, 2014~Willamena Wooka and the Chocolate Cat-white-cat.jpg   MMTPT290~February 18, 2014~Willamena Wooka and the Chocolate Cat-il_570xn.417591358_hee6.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 02-25-2014 at 06:55 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 05:32 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

MMTPT290 CC466 Tea Party for Rita by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's my card for Rita. I went to my craft room to do a chocolate card but my subconscious and hands had other ideas!!! I brought the tea for the party!! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it............

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 06:04 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

Here is mine and the card is going out today!

MMTPT290: Heartfilled Get Well
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 06:11 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

My card for Rita.

MMTPT290 - Angelic Love by Twinlynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Lynn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 06:58 AM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Back door for me this week. Here's my card , which will be in the mail tomorrow.
Teapot Tuesday participant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 181 Likes on 123 Posts
Default MMTPT290

My card for Rita -

MMTPT290 Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates by sue28 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

QFTD143
FS420
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,909 Likes on 2,180 Posts

I need to think on this one a bit. I don't have stamps with chocolate or angels, but I may have a kitty somewhere. I should just print off a picture of my bad boy! He does stuff that would make anyone smile! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

42,000 stamps, digis and WishRAK images - could not find a chocolate - so I printed a free photo! Getting this in the mail today:
MMTPT290 - Chocolate, anyone? by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This destination especially touched me - my DH is about the same age (well, a bit older) - I am, of course, MUCH younger (LOL!!!)

We have a house guest, and places to go now - will get back to check the gallery later.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Last edited by etsdas; 02-18-2014 at 12:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

I didn't have any chocolate stamps, so I settled for a dark chocolate ink and dp. Worth it! by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's my Chocolate Candy Bouquet for Rita!
FS324 and Tuesday Teapotter
Life is about choices. Choose to live each day to its fullest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 06:52 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Hello, this is the first SCS challenge I have ever done. This seems like a lot of fun. I hope this helps Willamena out.

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

I have a wonderful digi stamp for her for this challenge but had a very kid filled day and no real time to craft. So kids are back in school tomorrow I will make my card then and send it off. Can someone pm me the addy please? I hope top pay it and give her a good laugh too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default " Angels and Chocolate...How Heavenly "

I Hope all these pretty angels and yummy chocolate help Rita...Here is my lil cute Precious Angel
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Here is my Chocolate Love card for Rita. Praying for her and for Carol.

Thank you for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 06:17 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Willamena recycled her sculpture disaster into a cake on my card - no chocolate stamps here!
MMTPT290 Chocolate Cake!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 06:19 AM   #16  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShailiekatView Post
I have a wonderful digi stamp for her for this challenge but had a very kid filled day and no real time to craft. So kids are back in school tomorrow I will make my card then and send it off. Can someone pm me the addy please? I hope top pay it and give her a good laugh too.
If you check the first post, down near the bottom of the challenge write-up there's a link to the Destination Station Thread, which is always where you will find the address. The link will always be to the actual post with the address for the current challenge, to make it even easier. HTH - and I hope you get time to play along!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 06:58 AM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Chocolate Delight by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
My card for Rita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 10:29 AM   #18  
Favorites Team Notifier

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Here is my card for Rita
MMTPT SC ANGEL by Stamperrobin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #19  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Meow! Chocolate please ...?

Hi!! I discovered this board on Monday, and being in Australia I hoped the Tuesday Challenge may come through that night.... unfortunately I had to wait until the next day... so I printed the instructions at work and I could not wait to get home and make SOMEthing for this challenge. I recently bought a little cat stamp, so I was looking forward to using it here ... in the back door.

Can't you imagine the little cat in the studio? His chocolaty paws? I've put him on the inside of the card - because he really just wants to say hello!
Here's my Meow! Chocolate please...? card and the close up and inside.
My inspiration came from This Card on Pinterest.

I'm sure all these cards brighten Rita's day - what a great challenge idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

For Carol's mom...
LOVEFEST2014B-THINK SPRING! by coffeestamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
FS-219
DT bugaboo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 10:37 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Got My card done finally and really proud of my stamp seeings how I know I cant color them in heh! Tangled in Love!
Front!
Tangled in love by Shailiekat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
inside!
Tangled in love 2 by Shailiekat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2014, 05:39 AM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,909 Likes on 2,180 Posts

Finally finished Rita's card! Since I have no angel stamps or chocolate stamps, I went with the kitty! Next trip to my LSS is going to remedy my lack of stamps! MMTPT290 Purrfect Hello by muscrat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2014, 08:17 PM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Very late, but finally making it to the tea party! Had fun experimenting with using Glossy Accents on my strawberries! Can't see it in the picture, but I love the way they shine!!!! So, here's my card: Chocolate Strawberry Delight by txcrafter60 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes