View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #188
JoBear2
Glitter Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by madameplushbottom View Post
Okay... accountability check in.

Archivers is officially closing its doors today in Minnesota. I have avoided the store since they announced their closing. I have been so tempted this week to hop in the car and hit the store. The fact is. I simply don't need one. more. thing.

So today, to ward off the temptation I dove into de-cluttering my craft area, which has sprawled from my craft nook into my bedroom and out into the living room. It's like a sprawling weed!

I am pleasantly surprised to be excited at what I am finding and I am doing it in small bites. One bag or one box or one pile at a time. I go through it, reminisce, sort, and put away. And surprisingly, I am feeling a buzz, similar to the buzz I get of buying something new and craftilicious. This is great!

Cheers to my fellow purgers this holiday weekend. May the force be with you.
Good for you Meg - it is SUCH a temptation when a store is closing to 'stock up' or grab a bargain - but like you say, if you don't need anything, why go?! I always get a buzz when going through and sorting stuff too - it's like you have this "extra" energy from it and it's quite exhilarating . And now that I can finally sit at my desk and craft after a month's absence, I still have that energy and feel so eager to create. I think you are wise Meg to do it in "small batches" so it doesn't completely overwhelm you.

My Gallery My Blog

Be with those who bring out the best in you, not the stress in you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!