Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-22-2013, 03:01 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you make a stamp "catalog" of sorts?

Let me start by saying that the only stamping I do is my Christmas cards so I only have Christmas stamps. I have about 30 or so sets. I took whatever wood mounted ones I had and changed them all over to cling mount and I have them all stored on a DVD storage rack.

I'm wondering if you've made yourself a catalog with all the sets stamped onto separate pieces of paper. That way when you looking for a specific image or saying you can just flip through your catalog instead of taking out each set and seeing if that's what you want to use?

If so, do you have a photo of it so I can get an idea of how you did yours? Maybe their just on index cards. Maybe you use a 3-ring binder with page protectors. Please share.

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did make a catalog but didn't keep it up and I only did it for my SU sets. I copied the index sheet before I mounted my sets or if the set had been mounted I stamped it.
Then I put the sheets in a binder in alphabetical order. I also put any card ideas in the binder behind the set. I also noted where I had put the set in my cabnet (shelf 1 3rd row).
I found that I never went to the binder...I just went to my cabnet so I stopped adding to my Catalog because the 2 large binders were taking up alot of room and I didn't use them like I thought I would.
I just used a large 3 ring binder with copy paper and alphabet dividers. Got all of my supplies at the office supply store. I was lucky that I had access to a copy machine at work and only had to supply my own paper.

Last edited by bdeyes9; 08-22-2013 at 03:16 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am in the process of changing up my "catalog" that is/was as you described above: Stamped images on pages. The way I am doing it now is on 8.5 x 11 (instead of the 4.25 x 5.5 that I have now) and in the top right is the index sheet and then on the rest of the page is pictures of cards/projects that I have found on the internet that inspire me. I have decided to expand on it just a bit and add a few sections with Birthday, Sympathy, Baby and Christmas so that I can look things up that way as well. If I get really ambitious I would like to make another book of tags and packaging
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I have done a stamp binder - I recently redid my binder into a smaller binder since I have sold a lot of stamps lately (you know, to make room for more.....stamps!!!! ;) )
Here is a blog post about my old binder- I did the new one the same way it is just smaller:

3 Monkeys throwing around some....PAPER!!!: Stamp Storage and Organization
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I did this using ring binders- I used A5 size for my stamping, and A4 for storing the actual stamps. I have to admit to having hundreds upon hundreds- it took ages. I'd highly recommend starting when you first get stamps! I find it easier to just pick up a binder with the images stamped in to flick through, rather than the binders with stamps in. I have 18 binders, plus 2 Christmas binders, and a box of wood mounted Christmas to unmount one of these days. The images are all stamped into 3 A5 binders. The stamps are also stamped onto A4 sheets in page protectors in the main binders.
Attachment 280461
Did you make a stamp "catalog" of sorts?-img_8575.jpg
Did you make a stamp "catalog" of sorts?-img_7490-w.jpg

Last edited by shazsilverwolf; 08-22-2013 at 08:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Did you make a stamp "catalog" of sorts?-img_7493-w.jpg Sorry, one pic didn't load properly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I don't have a good picture to show you. My "stamp catalog" is a three ring binder. I simply stamped each set on a sheet of copy paper, put it in a page protector labeled with the set name and added it to the binder.

Some of the sets were small enough that I could have two per page. Such as the smaller 4 stamps/set from SU.

The binder is divided into sections for Stampin' UP, Our Daily Bread and Verve, Gina K Designs, PTI, and Hero Arts/Misc. single stamps.

These divisions work pretty well for me.

Now that I have had this binder for over a year or so I can see that I am using more of my stamps this way, and mixing different images from different sets more.

TO MAKE THIS BETTER: for me at least, the idea I saw from another poster out here is one I want to switch over to. Organize my "catalog" by theme; stamp each image on a single rolodex card with a notation of the company and set name.

I can't stand the idea of breaking up my sets and storing all the "flowers" together, all the "birthday" together and so on. Too much chaos!!
However; I can see that having a "catalog" organized by theme would be very useful. And doing it so each image is on an individual card would make it easier to add and subtract sets as I purge and buy newer stamps.

That is a project for next year!! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

I do for my High Hopes stamps, really wish I'd done one for all the others as it is sooo handy to flip through.
I've posted a pic on my blog:
Ruby-Dooby-Doo Crafts: High Hopes Challenge #183
Attached Thumbnails
Did you make a stamp "catalog" of sorts?-rsz_p1020729.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

I organised my stamps by theme- I don't actually buy may stamp sets, so splitting them is no issue for me. I want all my florals together, all my quotes etc. easier to find what I have along a certain line.Some stamps are sorted by manufacturer- only because that manufacturer has a certain style, ie Tim Holtz, Paper Artsy. Lavinia stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2013, 03:48 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

My stamp catalog/index is still a work in progress, but I'll share what I'm doing, in case it helps. I have all of my stamps (sets intact) in binders - clear or unmounted rubber w/2-way glue on the back). I use Evernote to keep track of the sets, but I also like having a physical "catalog" of images - all of the flowers together, all of the hearts together, etc. I use Evernote to do a search for a particular image, then reference all of the sets that come up in the search to pull only those stamps to stamp on 4" x 6" cardstock, which I put into those cheap ($1) photo albums.

I have a "master index" of all of the manufacturers on the first page of each photo album, with a 2- or 3-character abbreviation for each, which I use to "code" the stamped images (first pic). The second pic shows pages from the actual index. The red letters are the abbreviations from the master indeix. All of my binders are organized alphabetically by manufacturer, so I know which binder a stamp is in from the abbreviation.

Before I had so many stamps from so many manufacturers, I just wrote the name of the company (last pic). It would just be way too much writing at this point...

The albums are organized by category - the example photos show pages from the "children" section and the "Halloween" section. Hope that helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Did you make a stamp "catalog" of sorts?-manufacturer-key-small-.jpg   Did you make a stamp "catalog" of sorts?-stamp-index-page-2-small-.jpg   Did you make a stamp "catalog" of sorts?-stamp-index-page-3-small-.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

I originally had a binder where I stamped the images from each stamp set (several times if needed) and then placed them (along with the stamp set name and information) in a binder in different categories. It was just really hard to keep track of all my stamps (never even finished stamping and categorizing them)...plus I need to be able to notate when a stamp set retired, and that was a PITA!!
SOOOO...I tried several different apps (Krafts, MyStuff, plus a few more)...didn't really find one that I liked, until.....EVERNOTE!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Evernote!! It's the bomb!! I have pictures of my stamp sets, if they have a matching punch, framelit or embossing folder...can search with whatever tags or words I want, and it syncs automatically to all my devices (iPad, iPhone, laptop and desktop). Plus it doesn't take up valuable desk space like my binder(S) did! I would say, if there was any con, it's that the pictures aren't always imported at actual size...so unlike a "real" stamped image, you aren't always looking at the true to life size of the stamped image. But I know my stamps pretty good, and my search normally gives me a good starting point for choosing a stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

I've used a couple different ways of making an index.
When I was a CTMH consultant, I took 6x6 page protectors, chipboard and jump rings and created my own album.
CTMH stamp index book by fastmommie - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
CTMH stamp index book by fastmommie - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Now I store all my indexed sets in the small 5.5x8 binders.
Each stamp set has its own page, sorted by catagory or brand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #13  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:

TO MAKE THIS BETTER: for me at least, the idea I saw from another poster out here is one I want to switch over to. Organize my "catalog" by theme; stamp each image on a single rolodex card with a notation of the company and set name.

I can't stand the idea of breaking up my sets and storing all the "flowers" together, all the "birthday" together and so on. Too much chaos!!
However; I can see that having a "catalog" organized by theme would be very useful. And doing it so each image is on an individual card would make it easier to add and subtract sets as I purge and buy newer stamps.

That is a project for next year!! :-)
This summarizes my plan to a 'T'. Next year I'm going to use the rolodex system and I absolutely don't want to break up my sets. Plus there are certain stamps that I want to keep together that won't be by theme (I.e. all my Kliban or Gorey stamps in one place etc.) so, for example, with these grouping by artist, if I want to go 'the extra mile', I could put the image into my rolodex twice for say a Kliban Christmas stamp, with minimal extra effort, by including the stamped image in both the 'Kliban' and Christmas sections on the Rolodex.

What a blessing it will be to be able to easily find 'just the right stamp' for my project and also it will stop me from buying the same stamp or set multiple times......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Hi! Staying organized is the only thing that keeps me (sort-of) sane! Here is what i do to catalog stamps:

I take each of my sets (or groups of random stamps that make up a "set") and stamp them on 8.5 x 11 card-stock. I write the name of the set at the top of the sheet, then put these in a big binder (in alphabetical order). [I used to do just that, and flip through the binder as needed. But then i took it to the next level...]

I take a picture of each of the sheets and store the picture in my laptop. I change the picture file's name to be the same name as the stamp set. So, I wind up with one big folder full of jpeg images named: lovely as a tree.jpeg, mini mates.jpeg, etc. Then I "tag" (that's a windows thing, so if you are apple, it might be something different) each picture file with keywords like "leaves", "animals", "phrase", "butterfly", "heart", etc. - based on what might want to search for. When I go to that folder, i type "heart" in the search box and BOOM! all of my stamp sets with hearts appear. Then i can scroll through those pics and decide which one I want to use.

It took a long time to set this up, but now that i have a good process, it works wonderfully!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #15  
Cardstock Collector

Lightbulb

I'm new to stamping but have already gotten quite a few stamps and like to stay organized. Does anybody here do stamp cataloging digitally? Usually I get inspired when I don't have anything with me besides technology.

I started collaging those outline photos of stamp sets that are on product pages with Photoshop/Illustrator; I figured I could also print them for a binder in the future. Is there a better way to do this? Maybe something along the lines of a digital scrapbook?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy-yView Post
I'm new to stamping but have already gotten quite a few stamps and like to stay organized. Does anybody here do stamp cataloging digitally? Usually I get inspired when I don't have anything with me besides technology.

I started collaging those outline photos of stamp sets that are on product pages with Photoshop/Illustrator; I figured I could also print them for a binder in the future. Is there a better way to do this? Maybe something along the lines of a digital scrapbook?
I use Evernote.....I love it for keeping track of ALL my supplies. We've got a few threads on this forum, come join us!! It's a digital app/program where you have notes within notebooks. You can add pictures on your notes and tags which allow you to search.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #17  
Crimping Master

subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2013, 01:51 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

I was also going to suggest Evernote. I'm a newbie to it, having seen the threads on it on here. Its absolutely brilliant. As I mentioned earlier, I do have (most) of my stamps recorded in binders, but my biggest problem is when visiting craft shows etc, accidentally double buying! Evernote has sorted that out. You can find images on the net of your stamps, add the image to a note- I have notes by manufacturer at the moment, as I'm only part way through the job. Some notes will be by subject, as all my stamps now are u/m, and in some cases I have no idea who the manufacturer was( bought in 'bargain bins' etc).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #19  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a roladex but to be honest I never think to look in it. It took forever since I didn't organize at first. I love the thought of it and when I do look through it I'm always surprised by a stamp I haven't thought about in a long time. Thinking about trying evernote, love the idea of taking a photo of all related items. Good luck with whatever system you choose.
Kathy T
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

I started out with CD cases for storage-now working on Jennifer McGuire's method-that I LOVE! With that method I am stamping images on card stock to go in the envelope so I can see what I have-then also stamping on 8.5 x11 cardstock that go into page protectors. (I think I may have commitment issues!-but figure that way I can move the sets around easier!) But I also have started with EVERNOTE! LOVE this!!! Thank you SARAWMS!!! It is so easy and great that I can have my inventory on my phone-computer and Kindle!! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #21  
Glitter Queen

Default Does anyone use OneNote?

I am currently with OneNote and was wondering if anyone else using it?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

Default framelit storage

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkiemonstermomView Post
I have done a stamp binder - I recently redid my binder into a smaller binder since I have sold a lot of stamps lately (you know, to make room for more.....stamps!!!! ;) )
Here is a blog post about my old binder- I did the new one the same way it is just smaller:

3 Monkeys throwing around some....PAPER!!!: Stamp Storage and Organization
Michelle where did you get those thick page protectors? I need some of those. Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #23  
Inking Addict

I have a binder that has scanned images of all my stamp sets. I have CTMH as well as unmourned SU, and a few other brands. I have them divided by categories: flowers, seasons, masculine, feminine, animals. Etc. I have a another binder that I have typed all of my sentiment stamps into noting what set they are in. This too a long time to do. I am being much more diligent in purchasing new stamps, as I know I will have to catalog the contents before it can be stored or used! I store the CTMH stamps in milk crates alphabetically. My SU and other brands are stored in the cd cases SU sells, these too are alphabetically. I used the template so all of my spines look alike. My sentiment stamp sets are together, again alphabetically. Ian glad it is a finished and only must be maintained system.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

I started doing an index as I unmounted my stamps, but never got even close to gettnig it finished. I have now discovered the evernote software and have started the quest once again! This one is so much easier for me - i just find a pic on the internet and paste it into the note. Here's hoping I am a bit more successful with this electronic method!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #25  
Cardstock Collector

I am going to keep an electronic "catalogue" of my stamp collection so that I can search by Manufacturer or by a tag (ie. Christmas, Butterflies, Sentiments etc...) I keep all of my clear stamps in CD cases with a sheet on the inside showing all of the stamps inside, therefore I am in the process of scanning those sheets into "Evernote" to use as my stamp database.

Evernote has superior search capabilities, is free (a max upload amount then it's $5/month but I have never hit that) and I can access it from any smart phone, tablet, desktop computer or on the web via anything with an internet connection anywhere. I also keep an inventory of my other scrapbooking supplies (like Ink, dies, embossing folders etc) so that I can always check while I am shopping to make sure I am not doubling up.

It is a little work to set it up, only because I have a lot of stamps but it will be absolutely worth it when I am done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #26  
Embossing Fanatic

Can you print the catalog from Evernote? I don't always have my phone in my craft area and would love to have a physical catalog too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by maslexView Post
Let me start by saying that the only stamping I do is my Christmas cards so I only have Christmas stamps. I have about 30 or so sets. I took whatever wood mounted ones I had and changed them all over to cling mount and I have them all stored on a DVD storage rack.

I'm wondering if you've made yourself a catalog with all the sets stamped onto separate pieces of paper. That way when you looking for a specific image or saying you can just flip through your catalog instead of taking out each set and seeing if that's what you want to use?

If so, do you have a photo of it so I can get an idea of how you did yours? Maybe their just on index cards. Maybe you use a 3-ring binder with page protectors. Please share.
I have done this with all of mine and will be talking about it during my organization class beginning the end of the month.

It is also a good idea to keep a list of the stamps/ supplies you have for insurance purposes. In times of disaster, we think about the household stuff but could not begin to list what is in our crafting area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 09:11 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Someone mentioned noting retired stamps being a PITA.
I print the name of the stamp set at the top of an 8.5x11 sheet on the computer. I also include the date the stamp was released and leave a space for writing in the Retired date. When a set shows up on the retired list, I go to that page and write it in. I also put a dot sticker on the stamp case so I know at a glance whether I'm working with a current or retired image.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

Very good point about insurance- as well as listing my stamps on Evernote, I'm going to get the video camera out and video them. I have, at the moment, 21 A4 ringbinders with my unmounted stamps in- to look at the shelf you could never know what they contain, and I'd never be able to prove what I have with photographs.We used to photograph every room, all hubbys power tools etc, but I don't think that method will work anymore. So I'm going to try the video method, that way I can open drawers/folders etc to show all the contents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Did you guys see the 'stamp catalog' done on a rolodex? I think I like this idea because it will fit on my desk as opposed to pulling out the binder. I saw a rolodex like the one used and a big pack of extra cards at a community thrift store back in September. Wonder what the chances are of it still being there when I go in Feb. 1. :-)

Triple the Scraps: Organizational {Friday} Revisiting Stamp Sorting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 05:30 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I have a stampin up binder but I haven't updated it in ages. I want to do something more digital so it takes up less room but I'm not sure yet how to do it.
What about laying your stamps on your scanner and scanning the images into a file.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 06:43 AM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

I stamped a copy of each of my stamps onto copy paper to create my original stamp catalogue. Lately, I have started scanning in these sheets, to keep a digital copy. My catalogues are generally organised by theme, with a few exceptions for manufacturers- Tim Holtz etc. I have been doing a Google image search for stamps I know the name of, then just copy & paste into a folder so I can keep them all by manufacturer too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I am currently going through the long and lengthy process of cataloging....for the second time.

The first time I didn't think it through and just stamped images in a binder, no rhyme nor reason and it just didn't work for me.

So now, I am going through my 1000's of stamps. I have already got them organised by manufacturer in my storage bins (example from store below) My stamps are all held in clear plastic CD Sleeves, with the Stamp Set Name and Manufacturer on the sleeve. 95% of my stamps are unmounted now.

My new cataloging adventure has me doing two binders. 1 is by Manufacturer - so the whole set is stamped, giving details of name and manufacturer ( I have file tabs that are in alphabetical order) I am using normal copy paper, I write the Manufacturer at the top, and then stamp the images of the stamps in black ink and write the stamp set name.

Then...because that isn't going to take to much time she says sarcastically, I break the set down in and stamp them in themes, Male, Female, Kids, Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Valentines, St Patrick's, Flowers, Transport, Plant life,Sentiments (there are a few more that I cant remember off the top of my head). So if for example it's a feminine image I stamp it on copier paper, it goes under the Female tab and I note the manufacture.

I store all my stamps based on Manufacturer, if they are a set they remain in that set

Once done I will scan the pages.

I decided to do both ways, as I look at my stamps that way, sometimes I know what maker I want to use...other times I am looking for something based on a theme.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #34  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have every image stamped on a 4x6 flashcard with maker and set on the back..for now they are divided as I see fit in a catalog box but will move them to a photo album with 4x6 insert sheets later this month. Sometimes stamps cross categories: A christmas stamp could also fit into winter and landscaping. I just stamp that image for however many categories it needs to go in.
My stamps are organized per Jennifer McGuire so everything is neat and orderly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2014, 03:02 AM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wanted to pop back in and say that I've reconsidered the whole catalog thing. All of my stamps are either photopolymer or unmounted rubber with 2-way glue on the back. All sets are broken up and images put into categories - all the leaves together, all the Santas together, etc. They are stored on laminated cardstock half-sheets in page protectors in binders, with a stamped index sheet for each page. Since they are already in categories, it's just as easy to flip through that binder as a separate, image-only one, so I've abandoned that plan. I still have images of the full sets in Evernote and in a physical binder...

I do have one photo album with sentiments only. I was using a Rolodex, but it makes me cranky - I'd rather flip through pages...

Last edited by gregzgurl; 01-31-2014 at 03:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2014, 06:39 AM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Wanted to pop back in and say that I've reconsidered the whole catalog thing. All of my stamps are either photopolymer or unmounted rubber with 2-way glue on the back. All sets are broken up and images put into categories - all the leaves together, all the Santas together, etc. They are stored on laminated cardstock half-sheets in page protectors in binders, with a stamped index sheet for each page. Since they are already in categories, it's just as easy to flip through that binder as a separate, image-only one, so I've abandoned that plan. I still have images of the full sets in Evernote and in a physical binder...

I do have one photo album with sentiments only. I was using a Rolodex, but it makes me cranky - I'd rather flip through pages...
LOL Had to giggle when you said the Rolodex made you cranky. :-)
Since your stamps are all unmounted, I get that your current system will be easier. If you can just flip through til you come to one you like and pull the stamp right then, good plan!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2014, 06:41 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennazView Post
I have every image stamped on a 4x6 flashcard with maker and set on the back..for now they are divided as I see fit in a catalog box but will move them to a photo album with 4x6 insert sheets later this month. Sometimes stamps cross categories: A christmas stamp could also fit into winter and landscaping. I just stamp that image for however many categories it needs to go in.
My stamps are organized per Jennifer McGuire so everything is neat and orderly.
I like the 4x6 flashcard idea. I'm still favoring the rolodex plan. Something about turning the wheel and watching the images flip through. But if that system is no longer available at the Thrift store next weekend then your way may be an alternative. Possibly lighter weight or at least less bulky than a 8.5 x11 binder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2014, 01:47 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
I like the 4x6 flashcard idea. I'm still favoring the rolodex plan. Something about turning the wheel and watching the images flip through. But if that system is no longer available at the Thrift store next weekend then your way may be an alternative. Possibly lighter weight or at least less bulky than a 8.5 x11 binder.

That's why my binders are 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" with half sheets of laminated cardstock. The larger binders are MUCH too unwieldy...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #39  
Cardstock Collector

I have a binder, but it is hard to keep it up to date. I'm working on getting them all on Evernote. I think that will be a much better system especially since I'll be able to access from my computer or phone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2014, 02:05 AM   #40  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I follow the same system as Jennaz. When I first started out I used a binder divided into categories because I didn't have many stamps and I was still just trying to get a feel for what would work or wouldn't for me. That system worked for awhile until I got tired of seeing a page that had 5 perfect images stamped on it and when I put the next one on it would be half stamped or smeared and my page looked messy. Then I would have to drag out all the stamps again to make a perfect page. Now with the photo box it's easy to slip a card in or if I get rid of a stamp slip a card out.
Anna Lee
Reply With Quote Likes