View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #37
gregzgurl
Proud Fan Club Member

Good news/bad news post: The good news - TWICE in as many weeks I had CHEAP stamps in my hand (two cute $1 sets at Joanns on one occasion, three $2 sale sets at Michaels a week later) and ended up putting them ALL back! Before I would have rationalized how cheap they were and how cute they were. The "new me" actually evaluated how much I would use each image and how I would use them. I decided that stamps I already own could stand in almost as well, and the two $1 sets were really, really cute Easter images that I would probably have never used - just looked at the cuteness periodically. I left without buying anything except the spool of thread I went in for...

The bad news: Beate is selling off all of her stamping supplies (I know...) and some of the things she's been listing have been on my wish list for some time and/or fill holes in my supplies and/or have specific projects in mind, so I've already bought two sets and she's holding two more... I'm not even looking at the dies - I have enough already and the lists make me dizzy

On another note: I spoke with one of my stampy friends earlier today. She's been doing a MASSIVE purge/overhaul/reorg of all of her stuff (previously in a spare room and most of her basement) and she has SO MUCH STUFF that she's forgotten about or purchased duplicates for or whatever, that I'm viewing her dilemma as my "cautionary tale". If there's so much that you can't even keep track of it, how on earth will you ever use it?! I have to say, though, that I'm REALLY proud of her! She has "collector" (bordering on hoarder) tendencies and she's actually letting A LOT of stuff go! Okay, I'm done now

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!