View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #13
Rachelrose
Die Cut Diva

Well, I just bought a Scan N Cut, so there went my budget for this month and the next!

But I'm ready to jump on this bandwagon! I would like to reign in my craft spending this coming year. It's not that I have all that much compared to many on this forum (yes, I know, it's a handy rationalization and I confess I have used it all too often), but I feel I have a lot of stuff I have not really used/explored fully. (Let's be honest - I have stamps/dies I have not ever used, or only used one time.)

I am therefore going to endeavor to do the following:

Complete my stamp catalog, which will allow me to see which categories of stamps I actually am lacking in and might want to expand (as in, do I really need any MORE florals?). Then, limit my stamp purchases to filling in gaps.

Look at my supply stash and determine what things (EP, special papers, embellishments, etc.) have been sitting unused, and plan projects around those things.

Ask myself if a purchase will truly enhance/increase use of things I already have. If not, and especially if buying it will immediately necessitate my buying other things in order to use it (I can't be the only one this happens to), I'll rethink and resist.

Complete my die sample catalog to facilitate more use of my intricate dies.

Go through my stamps and start using stamps that have not seen use.

Buy reinkers for whatever pads I currently have none for (yes, I am that lazy, I have been known to simply buy a whole new pad instead of having a reinker on hand for the one that had dried up).

Learn to fully exploit all the capabilities of my Scan N Cut so that the expense turns out to have been more than justified.

I'm going to print this out and post it on my bulletin board in my studio. Thank you, Barbara Jay. It cleared my head to think this through and write it out.

RachelRose Designs by Robin... GALLERY

Last edited by Rachelrose; 01-25-2014 at 11:42 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!