View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 05:58 AM   #8
Oddesigns
Die Cut Diva

I like this idea much better, and I've already implemented something like it but with a different purpose in mind.

I've given my husband and myself each a "budget" each month. We're not really overspending, although I would like to recover from two bathroom renovations and a really bad December (two emergency car repairs & a bicycle I ordered came three months early).

But, I started this because he's recently discovered ebay and packages have been arriving every day for him (his hobby is modeling of various types - model rockets, balsa planes, etc).

I've also got a closet and craft room both bursting at the seams, and I wanted to make sure I was curbing my impulse purchases and really choosing items that would fill a need rather than just catching my eye at the moment.

My monthly budget is for clothing and craft supplies, so I really need to be thoughtful about every purchase. So far, all I've purchased is a small order from Amuse Studio, a new pair of super-warm slippers (because my feet are always cold this time of year), and an inexpensive item from etsy. I'm not even halfway through my budget and I've got 6 days left in the month.

I'd really like to try out some other stamp companies. I've been a SU hobby demo for a while. I joined because I wanted the new foam ink pads. Well, I've got a full set of pads and reinkers. Yet I placed a huge pre-order from the new spring catalog to make my minimums last quarter, and ended up with stamps sets that I really don't even like. I promised myself I would drop as soon as I finished acquiring the new pads. So...I'm going to stop buying from SU just to remain a demonstrator, and start buying from companies that fit my style better.

My Pinterest Boards
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!