Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I get the clay pot base to stay on fishbowl

I made Gumball machine out of clay pots for gifts. some of the flower pot base won't stay on top of the fishbowl. they seem to be slipping. I did not know if any one could think of a way I can keep them from slipping off. I want to be able to take the lid off so they can get inside to get the treats out . I just don't want them to slip off and then that would be bad.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

When I did decorative painting we always glued the bowl to the pot. The lid (saucer) just sat on top of the bowl.

I'm pretty sure I just used PVA glue. Same with putting the knob on the lid. It's been a few years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindalrdView Post
When I did decorative painting we always glued the bowl to the pot. The lid (saucer) just sat on top of the bowl.

I'm pretty sure I just used PVA glue. Same with putting the knob on the lid. It's been a few years.
Yes I did glue the pot to the bowl. the knob I did the same thing. the saucer when I put it on top of the bowl they seem to slide off. so I did not know if I could put something on the inside of the saucer to make it were it sat on top of the bowl and did not slide off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Could you line the inside of the saucer with some of that grippy drawer liner? I used it in my desk drawer and it keeps the plastic pencil organizer in place, almost like it's glued down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2014, 02:54 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbetView Post
Could you line the inside of the saucer with some of that grippy drawer liner? I used it in my desk drawer and it keeps the plastic pencil organizer in place, almost like it's glued down.
Can you tell me were to get it. I will pick some up and try it ! thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

You can buy drawer liner just about anywhere even the dollar stores.

Another idea might be to "paint" the inside of the saucer with glue or Mod Podge and let it dry completely before putting it on top. That should give it some grab.

You might also want to check and see if your saucer is big enough. The saucer should be sitting on the neck of the bowl not on the shoulders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can use a small bead of Beacons 3-in-1 glue, Zip Dry, or Rubber Cement, and let it dry. It will stay rubbery and will keep the lid from slipping. I also used a saucer one size bigger so that the flat part sat flat on the opening of the bowl.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2014, 04:43 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the help. the saucer seem to not be flat on the opening. the bigger size seem to be to big and the lady at the store said it did look funny. maybe at Lows I can find a size up that will work. I think mine is the 4" I went with the small one at Michael's . I have some zip dry I will try that. I am thinking it is on the shoulders and not the neck so that is why it is slipping so much I think. do you think the e6000 glue would work and make it rubbery or do you thing the zip dry would work the best. I used the e6000 to make it stay on top of the pot. If that dose not work I will try a place and see if I can find a saucer that is a little bigger.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by summerfunView Post
Thanks for the help. the saucer seem to not be flat on the opening. the bigger size seem to be to big and the lady at the store said it did look funny. maybe at Lows I can find a size up that will work. I think mine is the 4" I went with the small one at Michael's . I have some zip dry I will try that. I am thinking it is on the shoulders and not the neck so that is why it is slipping so much I think. do you think the e6000 glue would work and make it rubbery or do you thing the zip dry would work the best. I used the e6000 to make it stay on top of the pot. If that dose not work I will try a place and see if I can find a saucer that is a little bigger.
You probably can use e6000 since it stays rubbery when its dry. Anything of that sort would work I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2014, 09:43 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I end up taking a foam ball and cutting it in 1/2 and put it on the inside of the lid and it made it were they stayed on. thank you for all the help with this.
Reply With Quote Likes