Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
Default Up To Snow Good - Master Challenge Thread

This will have all the challenges from the Main Up To Snow Good VSN.

Last edited by LuvLee; 12-06-2013 at 03:06 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Duchess of CBCs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Challenge Title: It's a SNOW FIGHT!!!!!
Hostess: newstampinaddict (Alison)
Keyword: DEC13VSNA
Date: Friday, December 6th 6:00 PM EST

When I think of being up to snow good, the first thing I think of is a good old fashioned snowball fight!! I know that one of the most fun things for me at winter is torturing my kids with the fact that they never know when I might strike :-)

So my challenge to you is to make a project that incorporates a snowball fight or even a big snowball!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

View the Up to Snow Good Gallery Master Challenge Thread HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Saturday, December 14th.
2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge.....you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the Up To Snow Good VSN. a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Up to Snow Good - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC13VSNA when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your project is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN DEC13 SNOWBALL.jpg (62.6 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by LuvLee; 12-07-2013 at 08:17 AM..

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Up To Snow Good - Master Challenge Thread

Challenge Title: Up to NO good
Hostess: diane617
Keyword: DEC13VSNB
Date: Friday 7pm

Okay, so maybe I misread the challenge theme, but my first thought was NAUGHTY, as in let's make a naughty card. So my challenge to you is to make a twisted card, maybe something with a racy punchline, kinky image, or just plain punny. Many times, when I make a card like that, the punchline is inside, so be sure you include any inside sentiment in your picture or description. Maybe get some ideas here or Mae West quotes here .

With this gallery we'll help Santa decide who's really been naughty or nice!!

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Saturday, December 14th.
2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge.....you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the Up To Snow Good VSN. a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Up to Snow Good - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC13VSNB when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your project is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN 2013 not a day over.jpg (125.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg VSN 2013 without underwire.jpg (148.1 KB, 22 views)
My Facebook Page

Last edited by LuvLee; 12-07-2013 at 08:18 AM..
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Challenge Title: Snowflake fun!
Hostess: Ashjoy (Joyce)
Keyword: DEC13VSNC
Date: Friday, December 6, 2013

Hi everyone!
Welcome to UP TO SNOW GOOD VSN!

We all know you can't have snow without snow flakes, lots and lots of snow flakes.
The formal definition of a snowflake is either a single ice crystal or an aggregation of ice crystals which falls through the Earth's atmosphere. They begin as snow crystals which develop when microscopic supercooled cloud droplets freeze. Snowflakes come in a variety of sizes and shapes. Complex shapes emerge as the flake moves through differing temperature and humidity regimes, such that individual snowflakes are nearly unique in structure. Snowflakes encapsulated in rime form balls known as graupel. Snowflakes appear white in color despite being made of clear ice. This is due to diffuse reflection of the whole spectrum of light by the small crystal facets.

My challenge is for you to make your own unique snowflake for your project, but the twist is it has to be altered in some way. Add color, dimension, bling, glitter, what ever makes you happy.

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC13VSNC when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_2_by_ashjoy.jpg (2.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg image_1_by_ashjoy.jpg (2.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg image_by_ashjoy.jpg (2.3 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by LuvLee; 12-07-2013 at 08:18 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Challenge Title: SNOW FUN
Hostess: KonaRose (Rosy)
Keyword: DEC13VSND
Date: Friday, December 6, 2013 at 9 PM EST

Remember how much we loved playing in snow when we were little? Sigh, fond memories... And I STILL love the snow - on a calendar, screen saver and of course, on a card or bookmark.

This challenge is to make a paper creation depicting a snow SPORT. It can be the image, a cute brad, the sentiment - but something must be snow-sporty! Remember, the winter Olympics is coming up - that should help you think of snow sports.

See you in the gallery sports fans! Rosy

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC13VSND when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg decvsnrosy.JPG (164.4 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by LuvLee; 12-07-2013 at 08:19 AM..
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Challenge Title : Global Cooling
Hostess : Sabrina, aka Cook22
Keyword: DEC13VSNE
Date : Saturday Dec 7, 1:00 PM EST

Global warming, global cooling - it seems as if so many places are experiencing abnormal weather conditions these days! Lee says temperatures are below normal for her at this time of year - we've had a remarkably mild winter so far!
Whatever our outdoor weather, we're staying safe and warm inside and making Snow Globe cards today .

My VSN challenge today is a technique challenge - please use THIS TUTORIAL from SCS Resources to make a
Snowglobe card. Other snow globes, no matter how cute or sweet, don't count for this ;). BUT - you're allowed take two hours for this challenge, so have fun trying the tutorial out.

If you don't have heavy acetate, you can use packaging - for my sample I used the packaging from an embossing folder .
TOP TIP - I didn't have my Santa bear under the acetate when I stamped the optional snowflakes on with StazOn, and I stamped one right where his face was going to be - had to get out some alcohol and get rid of it pretty quickly. If you're stamping snow, lay your image under the acetate so you can see where you're stamping it!!

2. You have 2 hours to complete the challenge.....you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the Up To Snow Good VSN. Here's how to upload to it ;-).
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
Add your photo and continue as usual, and your card will be in both your member gallery and the Up to Snow Good gallery .

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC13VSNH when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!

Thank you to my sample makers, Mary & Ky, for making such lovely snow globes .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DEC13VSNEcook22.jpg (101.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg snowglobe_12_4_13_by_cr8iveme.jpg (69.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 1-DSCF2325_by_Scrapacat.jpg (61.0 KB, 20 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Challenge Title: Mischief Managed
Hostess: Scrapacat (Ky)
Keyword: DEC13VSNF
Date: Saturday, December 7, 2:00 p.m. EST

My challenge to you takes the form of a scavenger hunt with a winter theme. I want you to think about Harry Potter and the mischief he managed with the Marauder's Map. Think about the magical season we're in - the snow, beautiful lights, pretty packages all shiny and full of potential!

Here's what you do - pick 4 of these 5. It's a challenge, so try something new, or harder for you. Plus the one extra requirement below these.

1. A naughty or funny Christmas or winter themed image (think naughty or nice, bombshell babe in a santa get-up, silly sentiments, etc.).

2. Something shimmery like snow (pearl powders, metallic papers, glimmer sprays or Versamark ink, iridescent paint, etc.).

3. A bit of a map for all your (or Santa's) travels.

4. Pretty ribbon and a bow (denoting a present). Hint: the bow and the ribbon don't have to be made out of the same thing. You can use a ribbon flat then add a button with a bow tied of jute. Try to scavenge up as much fun as you can manage!

5. A new-to-you or challenging technique ( the tutorial section of SCS ).

And the final bit of scavenging - use remnants and leftover bits of patterned paper from your stash (not just stuff from this VSN - any little pieces you've been hanging on to). You know, like the last gift you have to get wrapped on Christmas eve when you don't have enough paper of one kind.

Best of all HAVE FUN with this challenge. Don't stress about it. Feel free to share the details of how and what you scavenged. I'm dying to find out how clever you can be!

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC13VSNF when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

I Blog at The BunnyNest
Crimping Master

Challenge Title: Northern Flurry
Hostess: Mary aka Cr8iveME
Keyword: DEC13VSNG
Date: Saturday, December 7, 3:00 p.m. EST

I am so excited to be hosting a challenge for this weekend's Virtual Stamp Night - Up To Snow Good!

Every time I think of VSN's, I'm always in a flurry and this time of year makes it no different, aside from the winter theme my cards seem to take on.

The definition of a flurry
flur�ry[ fl�r ee ]
*burst of activity: a short period when a lot of things happen
*short weather pattern: a sudden short period of snowfall

Both of these I feel really apply to this weekend's VSN challenges.

My challenge to you is to create a card using embossing.

There are quite a few ways you can tackle this challenge. By either heat or dry embossing, by hand or with an embossing folder. There are also other embossing techniques listed in the tutorials section.

I can't wait to see your beautiful cards!

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC13VSNG when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your card is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg santa 2013.jpg (125.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg northern flurry 2013.jpg (124.0 KB, 12 views)
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Challenge Title: Snow Falling In Color
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: DEC13VSNH
Date: Saturday, December 7, 4:00 p.m. EST

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!

Yes....we actually have a LOT of snow up here on our mountain already!!!! And it's beeeeyoooteeeefullll!!!! So I have a snowy challenge for you!!! But you KNOW it's not gonna be just a snowy challenge.....oh no!!! That would be too simple!!!

My challenge is to make COLORED snow!!!
Yep....NO white snow (no ivory either!!) .... nope sirreeee!!! It can be stamped ..... liquid applique ..... Stickles ..... Flower Soft ..... colored in ..... just use your imagination as long as you also use color!!!

I just love this House Mouse image and couldn't resist coloring and glittering up some PINK snow!!!

View the gallery for this challenge HERE

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC13VSNH when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Mad Swapper

Challenge Title: Staying Warm
Hostess: StampingSpud (Kim)
Keyword: DEC13VSNI
Date: Saturday, December 7, 5:00 p.m. EST

“It's the national addiction: warmth on chilly winter nights, innocence on Saturday afternoons, the essence of hearth, home and blissful abandon.”
~Patricia Linden

Here in the Northern Hemisphere, the weather is getting colder & colder. Even if we enjoy the cold weather and the snow, there comes a point for each of us when it's too cold and we need to stay warm.

What types of things do we do to stay warm? There's warmer clothing (sweaters, coats), warm accessories (mittens, scarves), warm beverages (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, hot toddy), sitting by the fire, and don't forget cuddling up to another warm being.

So, for this challenge, create a card or other project that incorporates something you do to stay warm!

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC13VSNI when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TaylExpLetItSnowColdCupcake.jpg (147.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 1-DSCF2330_by_Scrapacat.jpg (64.4 KB, 11 views)
I'm Fun Stampers Journey Coach #10224. Join now for only $50!

Challenge Title: WOW Me!
Hostess: Tammie (aka Tammie E)
Keyword: DEC13VSNJ
Date: Saturday, December 7, 2013

Nothing says snow like a "white out"! With that said, this is a WOW (white on white) challenge. Create an all white project. You may choose to use an image, if you do, only color the image...the rest of the card needs to be white. Easy, right?

View the gallery for this challenge HERE

2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge... you do not have to count prep (coloring time)!
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC13VSNJ when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG...now get out there and WOW me! ;) I can't wait to see your projects! A special thanks to Ky for the beautiful sample!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WINTER FAIRY wm.jpg (49.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg KY.jpg (47.6 KB, 10 views)
Duchess of CBCs

Challenge Title: Have an uh oh! Christmas!
Hostess: newstampinaddict (Alison)
Keyword: DEC13VSNK
Date: Saturday, December 7th 7:00 PM EST

I don't know about you, but in our house, the kids look forward to seeing Tarkle, our "Elf on the shelf" every year. They love to see where he is going to end up. Our Tarkle tends to be quite mischievious, like his leprechaun cousin. You just never know what he is up to, and many times, he's up to NO good.

So, in honor of all the mischief makers in our lives, I would like to challenge you to make a card, tag or project that includes:

1. An Elf

or

2. Animals or children that are being mischeivious (peeking in boxes they aren't supposed to, knocking over flower pots, sitting on the computer when you are trying to type, etc... you get the idea)

Read more: Master Challenge Thread - NO CHATTER. Post in order of challenges! :) by Scraperwannabe at Splitcoaststampers

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC13VSNK when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DEC13VSNK - O Christmas Tree.jpg (72.8 KB, 11 views)
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Challenge Title: Streaking through the snow!
Hostess: UnderstandBlue
Keyword: DEC13VSNL
Date: Saturday, 8pm

Since it's 85 degrees here as I type this, this STREAKING challenge will be easier for me than for you!

My challenge is for you to shed all of your layers and make a NEKKID (one layer) card. You can only use your card base - no DSP, no other cardstock layers. You CAN use embellishments - because every good streaker wears jewelry after all, but no other paper!

CAS for this challenge means CHILLY AND STREAKING!

Don't be shy now - show me what you've got!

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC13VSNL when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DEC13VSNL by understandblue 002 copy.jpg (39.8 KB, 19 views)