View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #1857
Stamp Wizard
Die Cut Diva

Jane

thanks for the info on the Oregon Houses. I will contact them.

Yes, I still have moments when I cry a lot. I went to a movie with my brother on Tuesday night and one scene had one of the "bad guys" vandalizing the house & property of the "good guy." Well, there was a moment when the bad guy found the kitty and it seemed like he was going to kill the kitty. I started crying so hard and so loud, my brother got up and walked out of the theater for a few minutes! As it turned out, the kitty was just taken away - not killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
So soon after you lost Serenity, I'm sure it just knocked the wind out of you! I know that happens sometimes with animals that are close. One passes away, and shortly afterwards, the other passes. It also happens with people, sometimes. It is very hard on the people left behind! I'm sure your heart broke. You poor thing! Big HUGS to you!!! I can understand why you had to just get away for a while.

I had 2 kitty's Fluffy and Rascal. Both were Persian's, who are prone to kidney disease. Fluffy went into kidney failure and died, and Rascal just started wasting away. He was gone in less than 3 months! I think his heart was broken from loosing Fluffy. It was very hard on my daughter and myself. Fluffy was her kitty and Rascal was mine. My daughter also cried for months after Fluffy passed. She was 16, and Fluffy and Rascal were 14. She didn't know how to go to sleep without Fluffy in her arms.

Anyhow, I'm glad that you are back! I think we all took a break for a while. I have had a hard time getting everything done, and SCS seemed to take the back seat! It is easier to put cards on hold vs. dogs!!!

Yes, just call the Oregon house and talk to the house director. Tell her you want to start donating hand made cards for the residents to use. I also tell them that the staff can use them to give to the residents, like in the case of birthdays, or just when someone needs a lift!

Here is the info for the houses in Oregon. Not sure which is closest to you!

RONALD MCDONALD HOUSES (3)

Bend Ronald McDonald House

1700 NE Purcell Blvd
Bend, Oregon 97701 USA
Phone: (541) 318-4950
Map
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Oregon :: Home

Ronald McDonald House - East House

2620 N. Commerical Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97227-1631 USA
Phone: 971-230-0710
Map
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oregon and SW Washington

Ronald McDonald House - West House Waterfront

2115 SW River Pkwy - 5th Floor
Portland, Oregon 97201 USA
Phone: 971-230-0808
Map
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oregon and SW Washington

[COLOR=#A5A299][FONT=Futura W01 Book]
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!