View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #1855
Stamp Wizard
Die Cut Diva

Jane

Well, I finally went back in time and found when I had asked you about sending cards to one of the Oregon RMHC's.

Shortly after that posting my sweet girl, Cleopatra, could no longer fight her feline kidney disease and she died on Labor Day. I kinda died too. I went away (physically left home) for a couple of weeks.

I may be ready to start helping others now.

So, it looks like you are saying I should contact the house director personally and get something going that way. Right?
Sandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
Hi Sandra!

Sorry to hear that you've been in a funk. I know how that goes! I'd be THRILLED to talk to you about adopting a house in OR. I send cards to the Marshfield, WI house which is over 3 hours away, and also to the MN houses, which is the next state over!!! The closest house is actually an hour away for me, too!

Basically, you just have to send them cards! You should call them to let them know you will be sending them cards, for the staff to give to the people who stay at the house, and also for the people who stay there to use as they need. Usually, the house director takes care of this, but in some of the larger houses, they have someone else who handles it, but the director can give you their info. You really have to call, because they don't answer e-mails very often, I'm not sure why.

Hugs,
Jane
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!