View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #1668
Queenbee Jo
Hardware Hotshot

Snow day today (and it's a legitimate one too!) I'm all set to go craft all day. If I just didn't have to feed those pesky kids, do laundry and shovel the walk .... today would be PERFECT!

Yes, Susanne. I am a little young to develop cataracts but diabetics can get them early. During the pre-op all the nurses kept calling me "the toddler." It was nice to be considered young again!

Because I am diabetic, I had to get a few more shots in the eyes to prevent swelling and infection. As a result, my eyes are bloodshot and I have a few bruises; basically I look like I got in the wrong end of a bar fight. But my fellow cataract patients (there were 4 of us that morning) look much better than me. You can't tell they had surgery when I saw them the following morning. I say go for it Heather. Seeing the clock this morning without glasses was REALLY exciting!

Boy that guy has it good (the cataract doctor). My insurance was billed $3,000 for the doctor fees and the length of the surgery ... 15 minutes. I think I would like to earn $200 a minute for a job. If only I could find some job crafting that offered THAT salary!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!