View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #768
canada goose
Insane Embellisher

Default 2013 Craft sale Best Sellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeteens View Post
I had my last craft sale of the season on Sunday. I did better than I thought but didn't sell one popcorn snowman. Weird as that sold at all my other sales! What sold this time? Calendars! I couldn't sell one for the life of me and at this sale I sold half of what I made (sold about 40). I just don't get it! lol I got a lot of "Oh that's such a cute idea!" If it's so cute, then buy the darn thing! lol

I am bringing my leftovers in to work to sell next week, so hopefully they will buy up everything!
I can tell you from many years doing sales what you are experiencing is quite typical. I am sure many here can vouch for that. Here is what I used to do.
I always made an inventory list of how many of each item I take to a sAle, and record what was sold after. Also a good way to know if everything balanced ( the old banker in me). By doing this every year I could see whatwas selling and on the upswing and what to drop. Because what sells on one place will not necessarily be good elsewhere.

I did a lot of big sales and some small and this was always a god barometer for overall sales, because cant always recall every little detail of every show unless its staring you in the face. Now many won't want to bother with this, but I could even tell you from my records which color was most popular in what part of the city,which sales had mostly tire kickers. But always could see what items sold consistantly.

Some years cute isn't enough, and it has to be cute and useable.....or even eatable. I think some good advice is ..just because someone tells you a particular sale is good and you should enter...do your homework because that venue might not be compatible with what you are selling as others have posted here.
Don't get discouraged because if you are getting positive feedback you know it's not the product, just a matter of the right sale. Just my two cents .
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!