View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #306
Peanutbodle
Cardstock Collector

Default Don't move roller bars and still cut 8 1/2 x 11 paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseDG View Post
I've had my Cameo for about a month and I think I've gotten maybe one decent cardstock cut out of it. I have tried every conceivable setting; cleaned the blade, cleaned the mat and still it drags and rips every time. This weekend alone I think I've ruined about 20 pieces of 12 x 12. Most of my cardstock is Bazzil. This machine should be so useful but right now I feel like it's a piece of cr*p!
On top of that, try as I might, I have been unable to figure out how to move the rollers so that at least if I'm going to keep ruining paper, it can be 8 1/2 x 11. There is no explanation in the user manual or on the Silhouette website - does anyone know the trick to moving the rollers?
Thanks in advance
You can set your paper size to be different than your mat size in the Designer Edition of Studio. I usually don't even do that, I just make sure the images I am cutting are in the space that will be occupied by the 8 1/2 x 11 paper on the 12 x 12 mat. I just align the top left corner of the paper with the top left corner of the mat grid. You do need to set the paper size to 8 1/2 x 11 if you are doing a print and cut because you need to make sure the images are within the area bounded by the registration marks. You can still have the mat size set to 12 x 12 even in that case. The Cameo will cut based on the registration marks for the paper size, not based on mat size. This saves having to move your roller bars. I only move mine for vinyl and now for the new stamp cutting mat.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!