Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #521  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Vikki, I'm a firm believer in making things easy on yourself, whenever possible!

Yes we are quite capable of signing up and making cards and popping in. You shouldn't feel like you have to comment, or anything! You have gone above and beyond.

For me, seriously, it's just enough knowing I have challenged myself and the fact that there's a thread, helps me be accountable.

Thanks for your update! Kids coming back happens a lot these days, I hear. Mine both left in the last 12 months and so far so good but I haven't yet finished cleaning out their rooms. DD still has a lot of stuff here to be moved.

When I started stamping, I took over the dining room. Well that's not entirely true. I used to stamp on one small end of the table. NOW I have taken over the whole room. ;)

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #522  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Well, it is embarrassing to admit, but I was one of those kids that moved back home. I was even married at the time. My ex and I had been living in Florida and after 8 years down there I got home sick and wanted to move back to Iowa. My mom let us move in with her until we both got jobs. We had a little money saved up before we moved, but I couldn't make the commitment to signing a lease on a place of our own until I knew we could pay the rent for more than the first month. It only took a couple of months for us to be able to move out, but it was long enough.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #523  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Vikki I didn't get my cards done most months this year, but I did stop in and look at every one else's cards. I would very much like to see the challenge up again next year. By all means get volunteers to help you, with the challenges or anything else you need. I liked having diffferant people post the challenges this year. Many of them were ideas I would never have come up with on my own. It is amazing to me the creativity of everyone on SCS and how every one interpreted the challenges differently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #524  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

I ended up back home once too. That was back in 1978. Worked two jobs for a couple of months so I could get back out.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #525  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

I hope you get some relief Vikkijo from the injections, steve decided against cortazone injections for his knees as they were very painful to have and didn't. Give relief for very long.
Sounds like you will be having a family Christmas this year with your son staying, and a bonus that he's a good cook, our son is cooking goose this year, we normally have turkey, and we having a polish Christmas meal on Christmas Eve, which is when they have their celebration dinner, our future DIL is polish and we have been invited to her sisters house to join them and their mum is over too so it will be a lovely change for us.

As for next years challenge, I hope you will be able to carry on as its a great help to everyone who joins in, I will be joining again if you do, we are all grateful for the time and effort you all put in to make this work and all the challenges too, it's much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #526  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 464 Likes on 346 Posts

Vikki, we all appreciate all you have done keeping the Christmas Card Challenge going and certainly will appreciate anything you do for next year. I totally agree that you should simplify as much as possible. We can easily set our goals just by posting on the overall thread, and then if you set up each month's thread, we will just monitor ourselves, comment on each other as we're able to keep the motivation going, and get volunteers for the monthly challenges.

Speaking of volunteers for the monthly challenges, I'll happily do one of them.

Thank you!! It really helps me get all the cards made that I need for my fundraiser and for myself.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #527  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I joined this year for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I do understand that it is a lot of extra work for yourself so whatever you feel you can manage is fine by me.
Thanks so much for this year and your input, it's been graet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #528  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Vikki, sorry to hear you are still having problems, hope the injections help some .....
I do hope that you feel able to continue running the challenge but I am the first to admit that I don't know how you ladies keep everything on track as you do, I take my hat off to each and everyone of you. I agree with others that we are all capable of setting goals, monitoring ourselves and keeping the motivation going by commenting as we are able. With that in mind whatever form the challenge takes next year is fine by me because it really does keep me going but whatever is best for you - simple is good

THANK YOU - YOU ARE SO APPRECIATED

Fan Club Member
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #529  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, 45.9484° N, 93.0754° W. Founded as a lumber camp in the 1870s,
Received 513 Likes on 357 Posts

I knew I could count on good advise and wonderful support from you ladies! Thank you all so much.

I will get all the threads started and posted. Everyone can pop in on the main one and pledge their goals. I won't have a signed up post. (That way if I miss a name no one feels ignored)
I will set up the threads for each month, I will take volunteers for the challenges for each month, just like this year.
And when I can get internet (whether at home or or using Wifi in town i will look at the cards everyone posts)
I tried using my sons phone,I can see them but can not comment..grrr
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #530  

Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, 45.9484° N, 93.0754° W. Founded as a lumber camp in the 1870s,

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanbriView Post
Vikki, we all appreciate all you have done keeping the Christmas Card Challenge going and certainly will appreciate anything you do for next year. I totally agree that you should simplify as much as possible. We can easily set our goals just by posting on the overall thread, and then if you set up each month's thread, we will just monitor ourselves, comment on each other as we're able to keep the motivation going, and get volunteers for the monthly challenges.

Speaking of volunteers for the monthly challenges, I'll happily do one of them.

Thank you!! It really helps me get all the cards made that I need for my fundraiser and for myself.
I knew I could count on you to take one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #531  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts

I love the Christmas challenge! I have taken on quite a bit here lately but I do love this thread!!! I think I can volunteer to take a month, later in the year next year. Maybe July? I am with the other ladies, we can certainly take up the slack. I try to comment as often as possible because I really enjoy viewing everyone's cards but there are seasons when I can't. Thanks so much for all you have done and for keeping us going with another year of threads!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #532  
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Received 662 Likes on 543 Posts

Vikki.....thanks so much for all you do!!!! We appreciate the organization you put into doing the Christmas Card Challenge. It's great seeing everyone's cards....even when I'm behind!!! It seems that I don't get a chance to work on Christmas cards all year round...but, this helped. When I had my head in gear!!!

I need to make more time for stamping!!! Let me know where I can help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #533  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Pleased to hear you are carrying on Vikkijo, it wouldn't be the same without you, even if you only pop in now and again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #534  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikkijoView Post
I knew I could count on you to take one!
Vicki, you can put me down for any month but NOT April, July, or September as I'll be travelling in those months.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #535  

Hey girls, go check this out

Christmas Card Challenge 2014 by vikkijo at Splitcoaststampers

don't faint! LOL

I ma having technical issues a bit, but this wifi is so fast I had to take advantage of it! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #536  

Hey Susan pop on over to the new thread and take which ever one you'd like, I took June.

I have my dad on my mind today.
He's been gone almost 17 years now.(January it will be 17 yrs)
Anyhow....my thoughts were of deer, hunting, fishing, trucks and his big camper.
He worked construction and would move to TX or AZ every Winter for work.

Oh speaking of TX my MIL brought a Christmas cactus back from there a couple of years back and asked me to care for it in the Winter, well this year she said to just toss it out, it's getting so old. Well I can't just 'kill' a plant on purpose (I do that just fine on accident) well that thing is in my room and blooming like never before, it is so pretty! Pink and white. I'll get a pic on my blog later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #537  

Default Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Pleased to hear you are carrying on Vikkijo, it wouldn't be the same without you, even if you only pop in now and again.
I'd miss everyone too much and all the beautiful cards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #538  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've posted a challenge on the January 2014 thread.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #539  
Pearl-ExPert

Heart Yippee!!

So pleased you are able to carry on - we would miss you too and all the lovely comments you find time to post Off to the new thread to sign-up ...

Fan Club Member
My Gallery

Last edited by ceedee; 11-24-2013 at 12:08 AM.. Reason: Finger Trouble!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #540  

LOL I wish I could spell some of my out loud comments.

Oooh and awwww and WOW are the best I can come up with some times.

There are times I say that's nice, but it doesn't have the tone or emphasis I really want.
Reply With Quote Likes