Challenge Title: Heavy Metal
Hostess: Jeanne S
Hello and welcome to the Mix-Ability challenge! Our goal is to make mixed media, easy, approachable and FUN! We want to convince you that no matter what your style is - you can DO it!
Your projects can be any type – cards, scrapbook layouts, art journal projects, 3D pages.
My challenge today is to use any aluminum foil or self adhesive foil tape and acrylic paints along with chipboard (or die cuts). I used die cuts made from a used priority mail box for my shapes and foil tape for my project.
1. Gather some chipboard shapes or die cuts.
2. Glue them onto a piece of cardstock.
3. Adhere foil (spray adhesive works well) or foil tape on top of shapes.
4. Use a ball stylus (nothing sharp) or even the edge of a piece of cardboard to help nudge your foil around your shapes.
5. Add black (or dark) acrylic paint around your shapes (wipe off excess with a paper towel before it dries) to add even more dimension.
6. You can stop there or add some color with more acrylic paints on the background or shapes. I like to let some of the foil show through at the end.
Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.
If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!
Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Got to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.