View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #353
imthenoni
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbea View Post
Hello ladies,
I just want to first apologize for not posting my Oct cards. At least I don't think I posted them. In any case I just wanted to let you know what's been going on in my life lately if you care to know.
I got word on Oct 31st that my aunt (and Godmother) was in the hospital and things were not going well for her. Then I got a phone call from my best friend's husband. You know when you get a call from your friend's husband, it's never good news.
He told me that his wife was in the hospital because she broke her arm by throwing one of those big (and very light) exercise balls. The part of her arm that broke was between her elbow and her shoulder so you know she was in some sever pain. Next he told me that they found a spot on her bone when they took the x ray. That's when I lost it. So needless to say I didn't get much sleep that night or since then.
The next morning my husband and I packed a bag and the dogs and left for Calif. after we checked the dogs into the local kennel.
I didn't make it in time to say good-bye to my aunt but I was able to see my cousins and provide them with what little comfort that I could. Then I went to visit my friend and tried not to lose it in front of her because after all, she is the one with the broken arm and a spot on her bone, not me.
She told me that they did a scan from her chin to her knees and found more spots, on her ribs and in her lungs. They are calling it STAGE 4 CANCER for now. Also, she is not able to get her arm fixed until they are sure what they are dealing with so they put her in a soft cast for now.
We returned home (NV) for a 1 1/2 days then returned to CA for the funeral. We stayed there for 2 days so that meant the dogs were back in the kennel for 2 days.
We are now home with the dogs but I am on pins and needles waiting for the results of her biopsy that she has last week. If it wasn't for these darn holidays, she would have had it already.
Her appointment is at 3:30 PST today. I am praying that the spots are non-cancerous or if they are, they will be treatable. I just cannot image life without my best friend.
I'm asking you if you will join me in praying for my friend Florence.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
I will try to get the Nov card done if someone will remind me what the theme is for Nov.
Thank you everyone.
Oh my Goodness!!! (this deserves more than OMG) My heart cried for you as I read your post. I will absolutely say a prayer or few for your Friend Florence and you as well. I know you want to be there for your friend but you also need to remember to take care of yourself as well.

Love and hugs and prayers