View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 03:22 AM   #6749
mschoener
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Hi all - great to see all the chatter here

Glad you eventually had a good trip Maggie, despite the tricky journey to start with - isn't it great when strangers help so graciously.

Shelly and Maggie it was good to hear you both enjoyed your classes.

Brassica is a generic term for cabbages, cauliflower and broccoli.

Kelly your Thanksgiving sounds as though it will one big meal with lots of love flowing.

Oh Lynn how great that your daughter and grandies will be with you for Thanksgiving.

Paige that sounds cold - thankfully we rarely get snow here - we had a really hot day yesterday (summer like temps) and today there has been a cool, gusty wind and the temps were really back down again to spring levels.

I have been one busy bunny here, for the past two days . Did housework and shopping and sorted all my gear for today's class yesterday.

Today I baked this morning, and had one lot baked and dinner on the hob and bread in the machine when the power went out for over an hour . I reckoned it was because the power supply was so shocked that I was baking! (It was much worse than that, but we had to get a smile some way).

Second batch of bikkies were at a place where I could leave them, the bread was in it's second rise, so I could take it out of the machine and leave it in the fridge for several hours and the dinner got left until this evening and we had bread and point for lunch. (bread and what ever you point it at )

Ran the class this afternoon and worked the girls so hard they had to finish one of the projects at home this evening (bad planning on my part) then came home and finished the baking, sorted the bread and finished that in the oven and finished dinner and served that - guess what?? - I am a tad tired

Why all the baking - we are off to visit DGS and family and taking them some baking to show some practical love. - Love bombing is the expression I believe!

Probably won't see you now until Thursday here (Wednesday for you )
Okay, so that was Brassica. Not sure how they would cook that, but now there is "bikkies." What are those? I'm thinking some kind of cookie. It's great getting a language lesson here
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!