View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #6744
mschoener
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Hi everyone!

Lots going on with all of you as usual! Hugs to those in need and also to the rest of you just for fun!

Our 8 1/2 inches of snow from last week melted and then last night we got a new dusting of snow which is still there as our temps have dropped. it will get into the single digits overnight. Brrr! We may warm up to 40 tomorrow!

We went to visit a dear friend this weekend who has a form of cancer than is incurable (can't remember the name, but it's fairly rare). Anyway her son and his wife told us she recently moved into assisted care near them and has also decided not to do chemo anymore. So sad, but I can understand her decision, but her children are very disappointed, as one would expect.

On a happier note, we also saw our son and got together with him and his friends and watched some football on Sunday before we headed home. He has such a great group of friends from college that all ended up in the twin city area and they get together most weekends. So it was hugs all around as we arrived and again when we left. We are like their honorary parents - so fun!

Have a nice evening and stay warm!
I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about your friend Paige. I guess if I were told that I had an incurable disease, I probably wouldn't go through some terrible treatment that wasn't going to help any. Some chemo treatments can be so devastating. I hope that her time left will be easy for her and will add her to my prayer list.

Sounds like you were able to enjoy some time with your DS and his friends. That's nice that you get along with them and can each enjoy the other's company.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!