Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Sharing an experience; crafters must be aware of this

I have been a customer of Papertrey Ink for a very long time, almost since they started as a company. They have wonderful products: extremely innovative and beautiful designs, as well as top notch designers to feature their products. But sadly, their customer service is not even remotely on par with their products.

In the seven years that I've been a customer, I've had a couple customer service issues. When you don't have any problem with them, everything is fine. But God forbid you have an issue. Julie Heskamp (a co-owner of the company) maintains the mindset that the customer is always wrong.

Example: I ordered a steel impression plate from them, but then realized that I already had it. I contacted customer service about my mistake and was told that I could return the item and get a credit for it. So after I received it, I put the brand new, still-packaged item back in the mail. I got an email a
few days later from Julie (customer service person and co-owner) telling me that she would not credit me for the plate because it was "used". Despite the fact that I told her over & over that I had never used it (I only had it a couple of days before I sent it back); and why would I use it when I already have the same one?

The only "customer service" option that was provided to me was that they could send the plate back to me...AT MY EXPENSE. Yes, I would have to send them a pre-paid envelope with $2.07 postage on it.

This is the treatment I get from them after spending thousands of dollars with them over many years and riding out some times when the company was an absolute mess..trying to get a new website up and running with TONS of problems; having many shipping and other customer service
issues. I stayed a customer through all of that, even though it was quite frustrating.

And now, after all my years of loyalty and tons of money spent with them almost every month, the owner tells me that she'd rather refuse my request for a credit for the BRAND NEW item that I sent back than keep me as a customer. I'm not even worth the $2.07 to her, the cost of sending the item that I already paid for back to me.

If you're thinking of shopping at Papertrey, think twice. If you're a current customer, you need to know that Julie (the owner) cares more about her "rules & policies" than she cares about her long-time, loyal customers. She basically accused me of lying, insisting that the product I sent back was visibly used, something which is very hard to do; I have many impression plates and even after I've used them many times, they don't show any sign of wear because they are solid steel plates! So please tell me how a brand new impression plate that I put in the mail arrived to her "bent and warped" and having "marks from a die machine" on it?

I'm absolutely appalled at the way I was treated by the owner herself, and am deeply saddened to have to cease to be their customer, because I love their products. But I just can't, in good conscience, continue to give my money to a company that will treat its long-time customers this way.

I recommend that anyone stay away from this company who does not value their customers and will more than likely NOT provide good customer service if doing so would cost them even a tiny little bit. Think about this: over a $16 item, she doesn't care about losing a customer who has spent thousands of dollars with them. Is this the kind of business that you want to give your hard-earned money to? I think not.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry for your experience with them but if you have a look around, not just on SCS but other craft sites, you'll see similar stories about them.

I wonder if they realise that it's just not YOUR custom that they're going to lose but mine also. Why would I shop somewhere with so many bad customer service stories written around the place about them? I'd prefer to spend my money in shops with good reputations.

(pssst try MFT, or Taylored Expressions or Hambo if you're after a good experience)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same thing, that their poor customer service reputation extends way beyond just each customer that they treat like dirt under their feet. It makes no sense why they would choose to alienate customers like they do, especially over small items!

Btw, what other craft sites were you referring to? I have shopped at MFT and like them very much. I have never had an issue that would require customer service, so I don't know how they treat their customers, but I'm glad to know that they are better than Papertrey! I have not tried TE or Hambo yet...now that my thousands of dollars will no longer be going to Papertrey, maybe I can discover some new companies... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #4  
Inking Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gina K is also a company with fabulous customer service. They don't carry a lot of dies but their paper,stamps and inks are wonderful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another shout out to Gina K Designs. I've only had one issue and they were on it right away!! You will see many praises for Gina and her staff!
I've been fortunate and haven't had many issues needing customer service, but have shopped at the stores mentioned along with most of the member companies and have had excellent service!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachipohliView Post
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same thing, that their poor customer service reputation extends way beyond just each customer that they treat like dirt under their feet. It makes no sense why they would choose to alienate customers like they do, especially over small items!

Btw, what other craft sites were you referring to? I have shopped at MFT and like them very much. I have never had an issue that would require customer service, so I don't know how they treat their customers, but I'm glad to know that they are better than Papertrey! I have not tried TE or Hambo yet...now that my thousands of dollars will no longer be going to Papertrey, maybe I can discover some new companies... ;)
I can't speak for the OP, but it sounded to me like she was referring to other "craft sites" (forums) where people had complained about Papertrey customer service.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just too sad. I too used to be their customer. I never hd an issue but in support of those who had I ceased shopping there. I know what my luck is like and I just know I would have had a problem sooner or later. Superior customer service and no questions asked returns are what its all about.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #8  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I can't speak for the OP, but it sounded to me like she was referring to other "craft sites" (forums) where people had complained about Papertrey customer service.
Actually, yes, that is what I was asking (though I see now that it is unclear the way I phrased it)...what other craft forums are there where people had complained about Papertrey customer service. I ask because I really feel that as many people as possible need to know what they're potentially in for (at least, eventually) by shopping with Papertrey. Not to mention the fact that a company that treats its customers (especially LONG TIME, loyal customers) this way is not a company that should thrive. I would much rather promote businesses who DO care about their customers and who DO provide excellent customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #9  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Just too sad. I too used to be their customer. I never hd an issue but in support of those who had I ceased shopping there. I know what my luck is like and I just know I would have had a problem sooner or later. Superior customer service and no questions asked returns are what its all about.
Blessings.
Amen, Amber, that is what I would expect from a company with excellent customer service. Like your company! You have a wonderful selection of stamps & dies and I have enjoyed shopping on your site and will continue to do so. Thank you for your comment in support of how I feel about this situation. It's nice to know that my expectations regarding customer service are not unreasonable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

rachipohli- I am so sorry this happened to you. I would be shaking furious to be treated that way. All the complaints about PaperTrey over here & other forums over the years I will not touch that company with a ten foot pole. I am always grateful when I hear great customer service stories to the nightmare ones. I am really picky about ordering online. I love to support companies with strong values and how to treat people. My DH works for a small company so small companies mean a lot to me and I love to support them.

GinaK is really great! She is just an angel. She takes pride in her company. I heard great things about Taylored Expressions too. I haven't ordered a die in a billion years so I don't know where to go. I do know the above two I recommended for great customer service.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 03:15 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

another Gina K fan here! If they have a large volume of orders come in, they will update as to when to expect your order to ship, and quickly respond to email inquiries.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #12  
Inking Addict

Can anyone tell me about any other crafting forums like this one? I'd like to visit them. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Can anyone tell me about any other crafting forums like this one? I'd like to visit them. Thanks!
Well, there is no better crafting forum than SCS in my opinion, but here are a couple of others that I know of:

Scrapbooking Supplies, Scrapbooking Ideas and Scrapbooking Layouts - Two Peas in a Bucket

Scrapbook.com: Scrapbooking Supplies & Ideas

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #14  
Inking Addict

Thanks, Bugga, for the info. Actually I was aware of those two sites, so thanks for the reminder! I want to post my experience with Papertrey in as many places as possible, simply because I believe that a company that values its customers so poorly ought to have their attitude brought to light so that potential consumers can know exactly what they could be getting into. Part of the problem with that company is that they feel like they can treat people any way they want, because they'll still have enough people who will shop with them anyway. Nothing will ever change as long as they feel like their customers are dispensable. Maybe if more people are aware that this kind of attitude is the norm for Julie Heskamp (she's treated customers like this for years), then they might actually start losing enough business to take notice and start realizing that treating your customers like dirt is not the way to run a business and still succeed.

Here is the link to my blog post about the situation. Feel free to pass that around to whomever you know of that is a crafter and should be aware of their practices. Thanks!
http://rachelpcrafts.blogspot.com/20...wonderful

Last edited by rachipohli; 11-07-2013 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #15  
Forum Fanatic

Rachel, I just went to your blog and read the email from Julie and am APPALLED at her response to you!! I, like you, have been a faithful customer for many, many years and have stood by them as I have had no issues. This was the first time I have seen an response from them to a customer; not only a customer but a loyal customer. This response has made me decide to take my money elsewhere. I love their products but this is totally unacceptable.... Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Rachel,
It makes me so sad to read the details of your experience. I totally understand the frustration you must feel! When Papertrey was just becoming popular, I ordered from them many times and never had any issues. However, when I began hearing of their poor customer service from other crafters, and saw details of how they were treated, I too made the decision not to give my money to them any longer. I used to wait impatiently for their new releases and order right away, not caring if it took awhile to get the product because I loved it! No longer - the last time I ordered was over 2 years ago. All I can say is that as successful as they are, imagine how much MORE successful they could be if they had not alienated so many customers and we were all still ordering their products!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Rachel,
Thanks for sharing the information although I have not dealt with them. For all of us who shop on line, please check resellerratings.com. I went in to look for reviews on Papertrey and there were none. You can still review them by adding them. This is a reliable site that rates the company, not the products. Over and over I did notice that there are some companies that consistently provide bad service. I also like to add companies that have given excellent service. It is great advertising for them. It's also a phenomenal reference when dealing with a company you don't know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #18  
Glitter Queen

And here I was, about to place an order with them. No way will I do that now. Even though I have never dealt with them, the above comments are enough to scare me off.
After my very negative experience with OhMyCrafts (another BAD company) I'm very nervous when considering ordering online so try & do a little 'homework' on the company I'd like to shop with before handing my precious money over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I have be waiting and waiting and waiting for their customer service situation to clear up. Just when I think it does another Thread like this pops up here on SCS!! Seriously I want to email Papertrey and let them know this "Potential Customer" is gone for good!!!

SERIOUSLY!!! I so wanted to order! Not any more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

Her letter to you was pretty shocking. She seems determined to alienate you. Ugh. I can't even with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #21  
Inking Addict

Thank you so much everyone for posting and sharing that you will not tolerate this kind of customer service from a company and that you're willing to back that up by not spending any money with them. The only way that it will ever change is if enough people decide to do what we are doing and stop spending with them. Although, I'm not entirely sure that it will ever really change with Julie Heskamp at the helm. She just has a really bad customer service perspective; one that says "when in doubt - or when it will cost the company money - the customer is always wrong." I've seen it over and over again for years now through the complaints of many a customer that posted on the Papertrey forum and elsewhere. They have an F rating with the BBB with multiple compaints and negative reviews. How does a company like this stay in business? I guess her attitude is that she doesn't care how many customers she loses as long as she has enough other ones who either don't know how bad the service is or are willing to take a chance that it won't happen to them because they love the products. I love the products too, so this was a tough decision for me, but there really are so many other wonderful companies that also have great products AND who actually care about their customers.
Thanks, Nancy, for the information about resellerratings.com. I will definitely go there and add this information to their site.
And Joan, I had that same thought about "imagine how much more successful they could be if they didn't alienate so many customers."
Leslie, I think it's a great idea that you email their customer service and let them know that you were going to order but now you won't because you've heard of how bad their service is. I think everyone who feels this way should let them know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have only ordered from them a couple times and the only I have a big die that covers a card and it is not working no matter what I do. Guess I won't bother sending it back or ordering from them again. I did order from Gina K when they were having a clearance sale and ordered 2 sets of 4 distress reinkers for $9.50 per 4. I got an e-mail saying they were refunding the $19.00 for the 8 bottles so I emailed back letting them know I indeed had got 4 of them. Got an e-mail saying they realized after the sent in the refund, so just to don't worry and have fun w/ the reinkers. WOW really generous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #23  
Inking Addict

Thanks for that information. I definitely like the super thick, sturdy 110# cardstock that Papertrey carries, but now will have to find it somewhere else, so I thank you for the information about Discount Cardstock. I had never heard of them before! My Favorite Things also sells a really top quality, thick cardstock for a reasonable price as well. I will check out Frantic Stamper as well...I'm always looking for great companies to support with my dollars! ;) Thanks again and have a great day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Gina K sells 110 cardstock that I have read rave reviews about. It's supposed to be nicer than PaperTrey. I don't have a personal review. It's going to take me twenty years to run out of the cardstock I own now, lol. I know when I do need to buy cardstock I am going to her. I am crazy for luxurious paper. I always keep a mental list of whose the best.

If you post your experience at 2Peas it might get pulled. I guess they got new owners this Spring. It might be the old owners bought the company back again. I am not sure. I was buying a home at that time. The forum rules have changed and they won't let you talk about other stores because they don't want competition since they have their store. I have seen threads going for several days about other stores. It's a lottery over there now what will get pulled and what will not. I just wanted to give you a heads up in case you couldn't find your thread. In the old days (nine months ago, lol) 2Peas had a lot of threads about PTI. Some of the horror stories are worse than what is posted over here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

You guys know I'm pretty much all SU which I really only do because if I bought from other companies I'd probably go into debt :-) I can manage to "limit" my spending with one company but I don't want to open the can of worms that opening myself up to other avenues would bring! That being said I do like to "window shop" and look around at all the cute stuff out there and get inspiration to use stuff that I have that's similar. Anyway, I just wanted to say this makes me sad. I have seen some threads that said they had kind of turned their customer service around but that email she sent is unacceptable! I don't even want to go look at the website just to look around anymore :( I worked in healthcare and I'll be the first person to say that the "customer" is not always right BUT no one should be treated like that. Ever. There is a right way to go about things IF the die really was used which I'm sure it wasn't as you said it was still in the packaging! And a company really needs to pick their battles and this doesn't seem like it should have been an issue at all, geez. I have to say that SU's customer service has never been anything but wonderful and I've contacted them numerous times about various issues. They have replaced everything I've ever had that was broken or defective without question and only once did I have to send anything back for them to replace it and they paid shipping both ways! Do people probably take advantage? Probably, but that number is small I'm sure and it does more good with their good and loyal customers than the few bad seeds. And I'm not trying to promote SU, it's just the company I'm familiar with. I've heard of lots of good online companies and again, I look around quite often! :-)

Anyway, maybe I'm just over-emotional today (long story) but this thread just made me sad today. Crafting is supposed to be fun and make people happy which is not happening here.

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #26  
Embossing Fanatic

I've been trying a few new companies here and there, but this thread is insuring that Papertrey Ink WONT be one of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #27  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
...And a company really needs to pick their battles and this doesn't seem like it should have been an issue at all, geez...
...Crafting is supposed to be fun and make people happy which is not happening here.
Yes, I agree that there are sometimes customers who are willing to abuse a system of great customer service such as that of Stampin' Up. BTW, I also have had wonderful customer service from them. I had a set of 5 markers that I bought from them but hadn't gotten around to using for a long time. When I did finally pull them out, I realized that on one side, the marker was quite dry, even though they had basically not been used at all. I called the CS department and told them the situation. They immediately agreed to send me a brand new pack of the same markers, at their expense , with no other questions asked. They didn't even ask me to send the defective markers back to them!! WOW! Now THAT is the kind of customer service I expect. Even though I can see how someone could really abuse that CS mentality; I mean, if I were dishonest, I could have gotten a free pack of markers out of the deal. But they choose to believe that the majority of their demonstrators & customers are, in fact, honest good people and they give them the benefit of the doubt, providing them with wonderful service which, in turn, makes people very happy customers.

NOW, contrast that with Julie Heskamp's attitude. Not only was she not remotely willing to give me the benefit of the doubt, even though I've never returned anything to them before, she wouldn't even give me STORE CREDIT for the item. AND she was asking me to send them the $2+ dollars if I want the item mailed back to me! This is the reason why no self-respecting person should give Papertrey their money, when there are so many other excellent companies like Stampin' Up who will treat their honest customers the way they ought to be treated.

And yes, it is a sad situation. I've been an ENORMOUS fan of Papertrey's products for years, each month looking forward with anticipation to their new releases, following all their designers' blogs, enjoying all the inspiration. I cannot (and will not) do any of that anymore. I am sad about it. But I have to stand on principle here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #28  
Inking Addict

PS - I filed a dispute in PayPal to get my $16 back for the impression plate that I no longer have but that I paid for. Papertrey has the option, through PayPal's dispute process, to just give me my money back and call it a done deal.
Instead, they've chosen to voluntarily escalate the dispute to a CLAIM, which means that now PayPal will get involved and do an investigation over the matter.
All of this over $16, miniscule, tiny drop in the bucket for them. But for me, this is now a VERY VERY BIG issue of principle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi rachipohli! I recognized your user name from the PIT forum and must admit I was surprised and saddened to read your recent experience with PTI. I've been a customer for as long as they've been a company too and thankfully never had any issues, but reading yours (along with many, many others) I've made the decision not to ever order from them again. I can NOT believe that wouldn't just refund your $16!!!! I can't grasp how they stay in business with issues like this that continue to go on. I agree the only way to make a difference is take our crafting money else where. Wplus9 is another really great company that sell quality heavy cardstock, ink, dies and stamps too. I had an issue once with a die having a manufacturing defect, contacted Dawn, the owner and she apologized and immediately sent a brand new set in the mail even though it was only one of the 3 dies that was affected and she didn't ask that I send the defective one back or even take a picture! She just trusted me as a customer and made it right. She ships super fast too! So sorry you are dealing with all of this....are you going to keep all the PTI product you already have or try to sell and start over? I've considered purging them completely but I do love what product I do have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #30  
Inking Addict

Hi Leah! Thanks for your post and words of support. I'm glad that people from the PTI forum such as yourself are seeing this post over here. I would post this experience on the PTI forum as well, but of course it will be immediately deleted.

And I'm also glad that many people like yourself are willing to stand up with me against this kind of treatment by refusing to buy from them ever again. I think that there is a measure of severe arrogance with their leadership which maintains that they don't care how many customers they lose because apparently they still have enough other customers who are ignorant to their CS practices or who just aren't willing to give up buying from them because they like the products. (though I can understand that mentality; I've felt that way too!) It sickens me that Papertrey can continue to flourish in this industry treating their long-time loyal customers this way, when there are so many other smaller, yet WONDERFUL companies like WPlus9 who would never dream of treating their customers the way Julie Heskamp does hers.

I love WPlus9's products and after hearing your story of Dawn's excellent customer service, I am more inclined than ever to keep shopping with her! BTW, I just remembered a small incident with an order I had placed with WPlus9. I accidentally ordered a die twice because I purchase the stamp/die combo and then ordered the die by itself again. I contacted Dawn right away and asked if she could cancel the extra die from my order. She was able to do it no problem, and was very helpful and polite about it, responding right away. In contrast, when I accidentally ordered the duplicate impression plate from Papertrey and contacted them right away about it (within a matter of an hour or so), I was told that they couldn't cancel the die from my order because the order had "already shipped". Clearly, that wasn't even the case because I didn't even receive a shipping label notification for a couple more DAYS! Just one more way that other companies provide so much better service than Papertrey.

And to answer your question about whether I'll be getting rid of my PTI product, yes, I must say that I have such a bad taste in my mouth over this that I will definitely have a lot less trouble parting with a lot of their sets. I will not get rid of everything, of course, but I will definitely go out of my way to NOT use their products on anything that I post on my blog. I do not want to give them any free promotion or publicity, other than making sure people know what kind of company they are so that no one else has to deal with this kind of treatment anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Your points are all good and I'm glad you've had good experience with Wplus9 too

I have found that I've stopped using PTI products for blog posts because of the same issue, I don't want to give them any exposure on my end. It's sad because like you've said so much of the product is great. They are the one company I never link for or even mention what set or die it is. All the ill effects this has on us as the customer is so much farther reaching than just purchasing or not product...it kills creativity with what we've already purchased! I don't understand how the DT they have don't know or won't stand against their CS...it's the only company I've personally watched that thinks they'll be fine with no customers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #32  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by created4apurposeView Post
... All the ill effects this has on us as the customer is so much farther reaching than just purchasing or not product...it kills creativity with what we've already purchased!
I don't understand how the DT they have don't know or won't stand against their CS...it's the only company I've personally watched that thinks they'll be fine with no customers!
I know exactly what you mean about it killing creativity with what you already have. I've always LOVED my PTI sets; in fact, I have more of their products than any other company's. But now, I feel like I want to just go ahead and use them a few more times and then get rid of them.

I also am amazed that the design team has stood by and watched them treat their customers this way and wants to continue to represent them. Maybe they aren't aware? If I were a designer, I would not want to put my hard work into supporting a company who has such a bad reputation for customer service. I'm seriously thinking about emailing each designer with a link to this forum and my blog post, just so they can know how the company that they're representing treats its customers and how so many people feel about that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I know exactly what you mean about it killing creativity with what you already have. I've always LOVED my PTI sets; in fact, I have more of their products than any other company's. But now, I feel like I want to just go ahead and use them a few more times and then get rid of them.

I also am amazed that the design team has stood by and watched them treat their customers this way and wants to continue to represent them. Maybe they aren't aware? If I were a designer, I would not want to put my hard work into supporting a company who has such a bad reputation for customer service. I'm seriously thinking about emailing each designer with a link to this forum and my blog post, just so they can know how the company that they're representing treats its customers and how so many people feel about that.
I think that would be great if you did that. Especially if you attached the letter you posted on your blog. I don't understand how anyone could read that and not see how offensive it is! I would want to know what kind of company I am working for and promoting...it's good to give people a clear choice. You have my support!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:

I read a long time a go (here on SCS thread), that people stated to post for help on a DT blog. I can't remember which Papertrey DT. It was so long ago. That DT said they could not help in any way and deleted from her blog all those posts that complained about Papertrey and those that who were asking for Customer Service help from this specific DT.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #35  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you know, you could post on their facebook page. Social network is very efficient!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #36  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
I read a long time a go (here on SCS thread), that people stated to post for help on a DT blog. I can't remember which Papertrey DT. It was so long ago. That DT said they could not help in any way and deleted from her blog all those posts that complained about Papertrey and those that who were asking for Customer Service help from this specific DT.
I'm afraid you're probably right, Leslie. There was a TON of bad press and all kinds of issues related to the new website back a couple years ago or so. At that time, the outcry was overwhelming and it started to overflow to the designers' blogs. So I'm pretty sure that they (the DT members) are aware of the kind of service that Julie provides, and have chosen to stay and support them anyway. So it's kind of a toss up as to whether it would do any good to contact them regarding this most recent atrocity. I wouldn't post directly on their blog, I would just send them a private message, if that were possible. Still, I'm not sure if it will accomplish anything, as how can they not know already how bad the CS is?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #37  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by created4apurposeView Post
I think that would be great if you did that. Especially if you attached the letter you posted on your blog. I don't understand how anyone could read that and not see how offensive it is! I would want to know what kind of company I am working for and promoting...it's good to give people a clear choice. You have my support!!
Thanks, Leah, but as Leslie stated above, maybe the DTMs are already fully aware of how bad the service is and they just don't care? Like you, I find it hard to believe...the jury is still out on this one.. but thank you for your support!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #38  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger53186View Post
you know, you could post on their facebook page. Social network is very efficient!
Yes, I would do that, but I'm sure it would be deleted immediately. They would never allow bad press to stay visible on their page for any length of time. I did, however, post it on MY facebook page along with a link to my blog and the note to pass along the link to anyone and everyone who might be a crafter that would shop with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am still so so upset. I really wanted to order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #40  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
I am still so so upset. I really wanted to order.
I'm sorry Leslie!! :( I know the feeling, I have been such a long time customer of Papertrey that I felt like more than a customer...it was like a relationship...a ritual I looked forward to each & every month for 7 years. Believe me, it was tough to make the decision to not buy from them anymore.

But hey, you can always buy them used...that way, you can still have the products without lining Papertrey's pocket any more. And I've been really checking out some other companies that I had heard of but hadn't looked at closely and I'm finding that there are tons of other wonderful products out there to choose from, without having to gamble with the risk of a really bad CS experience!

I've found some cool sets on Gina K Designs, plus you should check out Clear & Simple Stamps. They have some GORGEOUS stuff. I've been wanting to order from them for a long time but haven't because I've spent my money elsewhere (namely, Papertrey). Just think of all that crafting budget that is freed up to discover new things elsewhere! I kind of like the idea, actually.
Just a thought!
Reply With Quote Likes