View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #1634
pvilbaum
Mad Swapper

Hi all,
This is only the second or third time I have been on the chat thread this year! I can't believe how my lack of planning let our move happen in HYCCT month. Our next move (which will hopefully happen in about a year) definitely will not happen in October! We are only moving two hours away from our previous home so we got a truck and loaded up all the big furniture in that and my hubby decided we would just get the rest in our vehicles whenever we came down. Needless to say we have been back and forth about 15 times over the last month so I have not been at either house long enough to do anything. Finally on the 30th of October I got a few cards done. then didn't get to work again until the 4th of Nov. So I had about 26 cards to do between the 4th and the 7th. I really didn't think for a while that I would finish, but yesterday my hubby let me have the whole day to work on cards and I did work the whole day, except for a short break to go eat lunch at a burger place 5 minutes from the house. It was fun just doing one card after another, but boy was my back stiff last night when I finished.
This is my third year doing HYCCT though and I did not want to let it go. My husband just kept saying - "well, maybe this year you just won't be able to do all the cards". But I just felt like I had to keep trying right up until the last minute. And this year I feel like it's more important than ever for I have had two more friends go through treatment recently and are in the middle of their battle.
I finished my cards last night about an hour before I thought I would and got them all linked up and on to my master tracking sheet. I think I must have been the last person to post on many of the threads.
I've missed all the chatter while making cards so now I'll have to go back and catch up on what ya'll have been up to.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!