Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Exclamation Walmart Glitch

Did anyone order items from Walmart.com this morning (Wednesday 11/6/13)? Apparently they had a glitch on their online site. They were selling Big Shots, Cuttlebug V2 and high price dies and Cricut cartridges for $4.80. I tried to order a Big Shot but got "carrier will not deliver to address" :confused: . Every carrier on earth delivers to my complex. After all, with 55,000 people living here, I don't think so! I tried my father's address, no go. So I quickly ordered the other items and they went thru. I hope the order is not cancelled. $4.80 for a Cuttlebug V2??? OMG!

Any one care to share their experience????
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

That would be some good deals!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer not to exploit mistakes like that. Messes up one's karma.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
I prefer not to exploit mistakes like that. Messes up one's karma.
Are u kidding? That WAS karma at work. Well, at least for a little while. I am more than sure the order will be canceled. BTW, I did not know there was a glitch until I watched the evening news.!

Last edited by Savagetwin; 11-06-2013 at 10:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There were some other things with weird prices there yesterday, I actually wondered if it was a web attack on their site.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavagetwinView Post
Did anyone order items from Walmart.com this morning (Wednesday 11/6/13)? Apparently they had a glitch on their online site. They were selling Big Shots, Cuttlebug V2 and high price dies and Cricut cartridges for $4.80. I tried to order a Big Shot but got "carrier will not deliver to address" :confused: . Every carrier on earth delivers to my complex. After all, with 55,000 people living here, I don't think so! I tried my father's address, no go. So I quickly ordered the other items and they went thru. I hope the order is not cancelled. $4.80 for a Cuttlebug V2??? OMG!

Any one care to share their experience????

Hey Ro, how r u? Wow, pretty crazy but I hope you got it!! They had a piece on the news this afternoon about it. They said that the buyers would be receiving an email stating they would be giving refunds. :mad:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

If it sounds too good to be true......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Was to be on evening news. Heard orders were canceled
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

It was on yahoo news feed earlier. They are cancelling the orders, which I can't say I blame them for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Default Give me a break, guys!

I am a bit confused about the somewhat negative feedback this Walmart issue and judgment against those like me who thought they were really getting a great deal online and ordered in good faith that the items would be delivered. For your information, at 9:00am (EST) I called Walmart's corporate customer service and questioned the prices, and, that I was having problems ordering one of my items. I was told that they could not help me because their systems were down and technicians were switching the online system. I was advised to call back in an hour to be assisted in placing the order for that one item. I was able to successfully place an order for the other things I wanted. I telephoned back around 7 hours later and was told that my order was being shipped. I questioned their speed (this was my first online order) and was assured that they work very quickly. I told the representative that I was so happy to get a great deal. At NO TIME was I told about the glitch which they had to have known about. I feel deceived.
Walmart is a giant corporation that is no saint. They have had several lawsuits against them for maltreatment of employees, unfair labor practices as well as selling substandard food. Walmart rakes in billions of dollars a year from consumers like us. If an error was made in their system they still should honor those orders. I doubt seriously if their profit was damaged in the least. I cannot understand why you guys have been critical of us for trying to get a great deal. Yes, I did receive an email that all the orders were cancelled because of their error and that I would be receiving a ten dollar e-credit. Big deal! If they mispriced something in the stores, they would have to honor the lowest price because that is the law. However, Walmart is not honorable. So, maybe you who have been critical of me and others should turn that against Walmart. Or, just don't comment.
One more thing ....Splitcoaststampers.com is a place for crafters to come together as a community, share ideas, be inspired and also to inspire and teach others. It is a special place that I have found refuge from a hard day of living. SCS should never allow for any type of judgmental feedback. It has NO place here.
I also want to give a "shout out" to my dear friend Connie Leone who I discovered on SCS because of her never relenting support of those fellow crafters. We should all take a page out of her book!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

WOW! Didn't sound in any of these posts like anyone was 'coming down on you'. But..if that's how you saw it, I apologize. I think there are always two sides and I'm sure that all those people who got the electronics and treadmills at the 'super low' price are just as disappointed as you. However, I have learned that 'if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is'. Sorry that you got caught up in the 'glitch'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Sorry, BUT when something is to good to be true, IT usually IS.

INTERNET shopping is a risk. There usually are glitch's with Big Box company's. Here is the latest example. Last one was one of the office stores with copics and they did not send "I'm sorry letter's" or $10 gift card to their customers.

I have worked retail for many years, and am tired or customers trying to take companies for obvious mistakes. And this was obvious or again "to good to be true".

Yes SCS is a wonderful community for sharing crafting ideas and to be inspired and a place to go to after a hard days work, I myself had burned many pasta pots talking to friends here.

But to come here to complain about something that was an obvious glitch, you must complain to Walmart. Here is their info to contact them
Answer Detail

Sorry to be blunt but the complaint belong to Walmart, not somewhere were the majority of the people you are talking to works or may have worked retail.

Now, Thank You for listening to my vent ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

The incident has put a bad spin on bargain hunting. As a consumer I shouldn't have to research a price and check my morals to get a good deal.

I am not being snarky but if they grossly overpriced something and alot of people purchased the item anyway do you think they would cancel the orders? I don't. I think they would just think that if someone didn't do the research and find a better price too bad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Offer + acceptance = contract

One of the defenses to invalidate a contract is "mistake". It's up to the injured party to raise the defense. Sounds like WalMart did that in this instance and they did so before the contract was fulfilled. A consumer has the same right to raise "defense". We even get to return product foe no reason as a customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavagetwinView Post
I am a bit confused about the somewhat negative feedback this Walmart issue and judgment against those like me who thought they were really getting a great deal online and ordered in good faith that the items would be delivered. For your information, at 9:00am (EST) I called Walmart's corporate customer service and questioned the prices, and, that I was having problems ordering one of my items. I was told that they could not help me because their systems were down and technicians were switching the online system. I was advised to call back in an hour to be assisted in placing the order for that one item. I was able to successfully place an order for the other things I wanted. I telephoned back around 7 hours later and was told that my order was being shipped. I questioned their speed (this was my first online order) and was assured that they work very quickly. I told the representative that I was so happy to get a great deal. At NO TIME was I told about the glitch which they had to have known about. I feel deceived.
Walmart is a giant corporation that is no saint. They have had several lawsuits against them for maltreatment of employees, unfair labor practices as well as selling substandard food. Walmart rakes in billions of dollars a year from consumers like us. If an error was made in their system they still should honor those orders. I doubt seriously if their profit was damaged in the least. I cannot understand why you guys have been critical of us for trying to get a great deal. Yes, I did receive an email that all the orders were cancelled because of their error and that I would be receiving a ten dollar e-credit. Big deal! If they mispriced something in the stores, they would have to honor the lowest price because that is the law. However, Walmart is not honorable. So, maybe you who have been critical of me and others should turn that against Walmart. Or, just don't comment.
One more thing ....Splitcoaststampers.com is a place for crafters to come together as a community, share ideas, be inspired and also to inspire and teach others. It is a special place that I have found refuge from a hard day of living. SCS should never allow for any type of judgmental feedback. It has NO place here.
I also want to give a "shout out" to my dear friend Connie Leone who I discovered on SCS because of her never relenting support of those fellow crafters. We should all take a page out of her book!
Hi Ro! Thank-you for the kinds words, it was so nice of you! I agree with you and to make a long story short Walmart should of honored the orders! With the billions they make it could of been done. Also want to add that with the people they employ in that dept. how could nobody of noticed? What a can of worms you opened my friend!
Reply With Quote Likes