Challenge Title: I Can't Believe It's Over
Hostess: Understandblue aka Lydia
Date: Thursday, October 31st, 2013
Every year when we get to this point, I just keep saying to myself - "I can't believe it's over."
Well just 32 days ago, I was saying the same thing before I watched the season finale of my beloved, beloved favorite TV show - Breaking Bad, created, written and produced by Vince Gilligan.
One of the coolest things about this show was that the writers very subtly wove color theory into the plot of the show. Every item of clothing the characters wore was a symbol of the "team" they were on. If they started to move towards another character's team, their clothing and their environments would change to reflect that - and become a color that was a mix of those two teams.
- "I want to do the color timing for each of these episodes where you sit with the colorist and make sure that the color of each individual scene is just the way you want it."
- ―Vince Gilligan, IndieWire interview, July 2012
It was SUCH a cool part of the show for an arty chick like me, so of course it inspired my challenge today.
What I want you to do is create a black and white card, with just a pop of one of the colors listed below - indicating your "team." you do not
have to know anything about the show or these characters to play - you just have to pick one of these six colors for your pop.
1) Green (Team Walt)
2) Purple (Team Marie)
3) Brown (Team Hank)
4) Pink (Team Holly)
5) Blue - (Team Skyler)
6) Yellow - (Team Jesse)
I can't wait to see what you do with this! It will be interesting to see which "team" has the most cards!
A little trivia about my samples - the images on my Breaking Bad cards are stamps that I hand carved. The cards were a little gift set that I put in as a first to find prize for a Breaking Bad themed puzzle geocache I placed. If you are a fellow geocacher, we have a forum for that!
Thank you again for joining us, and see the details below for sending in your cards.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery
, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges
, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!