Challenge Title: I *Heart* You
Hostess: Lynn Mercurio
Date: October 31, 2013
Here we are, the last day of this wonderful month of challenges for such a worthwhile cause. This is the first of three challenges today and since it has been a month of "heartfelt" love and support, I thought it would be fitting to have a challenge to create a heart shaped card or a card that contains hearts.
There are many ways to create a "shaped card", and you may have your favorite method, but if you need a little guidance, you can check out this tutorial from Beate
. Beate demonstrates how easy it is to create a shaped card using dies.
Here is my sample, which was created using a cut file from the Silhouette online store:
I'd like to thank all those who have created samples for my challenge: Lydia
, and hbrown
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!