Challenge Title: Sparkling Season
Hostess: hbrown (Holly)
Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Welcome to the 4th Annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive! What an uplifting time of the year for cardmakers!
With the holidays fast approaching, I thought it would be fun to have a challenge focused on making holiday cards. In order to make them "Sparkling Season" holiday cards, my requirement is to use glitter on your cards.
So make a Halloween card, a Thanksgiving card, a Christmas card, or even a Valentine's Day card with glitter on it. Bonus points to those who use PINK
on their cards!!
Don't freak out about the glitter requirement. You can use so many different things. Regular glitter, chunky glitter, Stickles, glitter cardstock, pre-glittered brads and other embellishments, even your kid's glitter glues all work just fine for this challenge. Just have fun and enjoy the sparkles!
Thank you for playing along! Special thanks to my amazing sample makers and stamping friends, saffivort, mrslaird, va.sunshine, Ksnurse, LuvLee, JBgreendawn, CAKath, LMcAree, and dini! All of the details for sending in your cards and where the galleries are, are below!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center.)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!