View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #1119
Misstreez
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
Thank you ladies for trying to help me (and others) understand...do you start by deciding what stamp image to use or do you decide on your medium first?

ALSO...when does the after party of this party begin? On Nov. 1 or after uploading is finished? Thinking I need to schedule in some after party, party time on the computer and the best way to do that is to put a sticky on the calendar saying "Sorry, I'm not available"! They don't need to know WHY I'm not available!!!!
I need to start with an idea or prompt. A themed word or visual prompt will usually lead to starting with an image. A colour/texture inspired prompt will usually start with a medium.

With the mix media challenge for HYCCT that had no prompts I was stuck at the starting blocks for a while. So I look at my stamps and I look thru my stash til I find something that grabs my attention. This time around it was an old technique sample scrap I'd made ages ago that begged to be part of this challenge

If I could offer a tip to those who are struggling with the mix media challenge. Don't try to reinvent yourself, but do what you do and add something extra or different. For example, I've looked thru some of your galleries and found several designs that could be altered ever so slightly to achieve the mix media goal. Try remaking a card and see what happens. BTW, looking thru your galleries has inspired me with some of the challenges I'm having issues with.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!