View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #1109
mamaxsix
Stazon Splitcoast

As I've been doing the Mixability challenges, I look at what the technique is and decided on my main image/die cut from there. Of course, things rarely go quite as planned, but I think some of the messier background techniques lend themselves well to a more vintage, shabby chic tone and others that look more like modern art to me will work with just a sentiment or a fresher image. It has been a lot of fun to try new things and I find myself going back to them over and over on other challenges now. I think one of my favorite looks is the Gesso over dictionary or music pages with some added stamping or color-it is a very muted effect. I also love the spatter or dripping on bg's too. One of the things that surprised my about the Mixability challenges was realizing that I had already been doing mixed media and just didn't know it!
Well, enough computer time, I need to get ready for church. To those who attend churches, have a good day of worship. It is fun to think of all my internet friends gathering with their local church families, but all of us together praising Him!

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!