09-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Challenge Title : Mixing It Up - Mixed Media
Hostess : SinCityGal - Lisa
Keyword : HYCCT1326
Date : Saturday, October 26, 2013
Sometimes to keep your sanity when times are stressful, tough, or just aren't going your way you just have to mix things up a little. Y'know? Change the tempo. Do things a little differently.
My challenge to you is to create a card using MIXED MEDIA!! Don't be scared. It's not hard, I promise. And I'm sure you already have the tools, items you need to make a really scrumptious, glorious, something-special kind of card.
- mixed me·di·a
- A technique involving the use of two or more artistic media, such as ink and pastel or painting and collage, that are combined in a single composition.
If you need any help or ideas, Splitcoaststampers has a wonderful Mixed Media challenge every Friday. Check out the challenge forum HERE if you just have no idea how to start, but you really want to play along - which I really hope you do!
View the Gallery for This Challenge HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery , with the specific challenge keyword , no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges , but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Lisa papergrace designs * My SCS Gallery * Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® DT
*Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® DT
* "Creativity is intelligence having fun." - A. Einstein