Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Warsaw, MO
Challenge Title: A Listening Ear
Hostess: dini aka Dina K.
Date: Friday, October 25th, 2013
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
Hello and welcome to the 4th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive - we are so thrilled that you are here!! Thank you so much for all your support so far - I can't believe we're rolling into our final week of challenges!!
I know when I’ve gone through difficult times in my life, the thing that I found most refreshing was to have someone just really listen to me – not try to fix things for me, or say the right thing (because more often than not, those words aren’t there), but just to sit, allow me to get everything out into words, take it in, and through those words, process the situation along with me. The skill of listening is so valuable and rare.
So, for my challenge today... I want to see EARS on your cards!
You can choose an animal image, or an image of a person – the important thing is that an ear, big or small, is showing. If you’re feeling punny and want to have ears of corn instead… I’ll take that, too.
Thank you again for joining us! Please see the details below for sending in your cards.
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive, and thanks to my sample makers, too!