Challenge Title: Keep it Under Wraps
Hostess: Ksnurse (Sheri)
Oh My Word!! I just can't tell you how excited I am to be a hostess for HYCCT13. This has got to be one of my fave events at SCS. This is such a blessing to all and it is so wonderful to see all the awesome cards that are going to be brightening up the days of a lot of people. Thank you to all who play along.
My mother was an original Frugalista, 'cept in those days we were just called cheap. I can remember many dresses remade from hers or my aunts clothes, used textbooks covered up with decorated brown paper grocery sacks, etc. I even had a dress once made out of a vintage sheet that she found at a garage sale. She was a master at covering up the original purpose of an object. So in honor of her, we are going to cover something up: a plain spiral notebook, legal pad, composition book etc. and turn it into something pretty.
As a nurse, I always tell my patients to write things down to ask when the Dr. comes around and I would buy stacks of cheap notebooks at dollar store to give them instead of plain charting paper. I want you to make a decorated (altered) notepad of any kind that can be used by the patients to jot notes, keep address of new friends, family to leave notes, journal of their journey, etc. Since this is Breast Cancer Awareness month, please put at least a spot of pink on it.
And just remember: have fun
I can't wait to see what y'all come up with!!
View the gallery for this challenge here
View the Hope You Can Cling To gallery Here
View the Hope You Can Cling To master challenge thread Here
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To gallery
with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
And a H-U-G-E squishy
hug to all my talented sample makers. You are wonderful!!