Challenge Title: Sending Flowers
Hostess: Understandblue aka Lydia
Date: Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Nothing brightens someone's day like flowers. They are the first gesture we make when someone is down, and their beauty can truly change a person's outlook on a day. I know when I walk into my home and I have a vase of flowers, the room just feels different.
Papercrafters can send flowers every day - and we should! So my challenge to you is to brighten the days of these ladies in Houston with one or more flowers on your card. Here are some possibilities for this challenge:
1) Hand paint your flowers or draw them
2) Stamp flowers
3) Use pressed flowers
4) Make paper or ribbon flowers using any of our tutorials:
- Facial Tissue Flower
- Crinkled Ribbon Flower
- Dryer Sheet Flower
- Rolled Ribbon Flower
- Loopy Flower
- Metal Flower
- Rolled Flowers
and many more! Just type flower in the search box on this page
Shower us with flowers, and don't forget to mail your cards!
Thank you again for joining us, and see the details below for sending in your cards.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery
, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges
, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!