View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 04:48 AM   #945
kramomma
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
It's a matter of personal preference. Some people like to to be organised that way, and have albums for everything, and don't mind that they're not easily searchable by other people. Maybe some people prefer that little bit more privacy? Maybe some people don't understand that when they use albums it can be harder for other people to find and view their work
If you want to share RAK cards you've received from other people, it's definitely the best way to do that. I have albums for RAK and BRAK cards (when I had the time and energy to take photos of them - although in mitigation before Chrome came along it was MUCH harder for mods to upload to albums) and I did put my earliest ATCs in one but then any I made after that I uploaded to the ATC category.

I totally get the organised aspect because on my computer my card folder has sub-folders for HYCCT, DTGD, MFT sketches, ODBD challenges, TLC challenges and so on . Once a month or so I tidy it up and put everything where it belongs. I like to be able to view them like that sometimes. But I think the galleries here are a resource for the community, so for me I feel going down the album route here defeats that.

And now I'd better be real-life organised since I just got back from doing a big supermarket shop and only sat down for a cup of tea before doing all the unpacking!! And to open a package from a pen-friend and read the two letters she included in it.
OH DEAR...a few acronyms that I don't know...

BRAK, ODBD and TLC...I think I should know TLC but can't remember it...

I've not uploaded to SCS very often...my son taught me to put the cards on our computer then once a month he moves them to a Picasa or Google link for me that I sometimes share with a few people...but often I forget to share it so they just sit on the computer!

Guess it doesn't collect dust when in the computer!!!!