View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #297
sc magnolia
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Is anyone doing cards also? I started with cards years ago but they are less and less a part of my craft shows. I find non-xmas cards sell the best, which is kind of odd!
We have found that card sets sell but not individual cards. So I'm making a half open box to put mine in. I made a few bags sized to fit reg cards, but all my friends said they liked the boxes better. They are my product testers and advisors! I also made a few purses that hold 3 x 3 card sets.

I will make some Christmas sets, but they will ALL say Christmas. It is a Christian holiday and if non Christians are offended too bad. This is a concession I will never ever make. When I taught schoolnI always had a Christmas tree in the room too! One year, a parent who was an Atheist complained to the Principal. So I moved the tree to my desk. The parent complained again and I promptly got out my copy of the bill of rights and how they pertain to teachers. (Obtained from the government printing office) It clearly states that you can have one on your own personal desk! Then I got really mad and went out and bought a tiny nativity scene, glued strings to all the figures and the creche and hung them on my tree too! Humph tell me I can't celebrate my own religion in my own space!

Sorry for the rant but the wole happy holidays instead of Christmas just burns my grits.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!