View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 04:46 AM   #898
UnderstandBlue
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstreez View Post
Don't get canned pumpkin in these parts either. I just had to go out to the TV room and mention this strange idea to my partner, who grew up growing pumpkins, winning best pumpkin at the shows and got to name a variety after his farm. Judging from his response, which I won't repeat here, I've been left in no doubt that he thinks it is strange too.

If I ever saw a can in the shop I'd have to buy it though. But my curiosity would probably only extend to opening it, looking at it and maybe dipping my finger in for a tentative taste. I keep imagining it would have added sugar and I'd that I'd be able to taste it.

Never the less, a lot of foreigners find some of our fare odd and strange. My son told me a story when he did a recent military exercise with the US Navy. When a visitor tried our ration pack there were some items of food he thought he may have been fire starter, lol. Yes, it was the dreadful Vegemite. I can image the look on the poor fellows faces as he tried to process that on his taste buds.

I can't imagine never having had canned pumpkin! First of all, my cats will climb me like a tree when I open it - cats and dogs go nuts for it. But I couldn't live without it.

It thankfully does not typically have added sugar, but you can get cans with sugar and spice in it if you're just bone lazy and can't add cinnamon for your pies

I wish I had tried Vegemite when I was in Australia!

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!