Old 09-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #24
saffivort
Glitter Guru

BCRibbon The King of Rock n Roll

Challenge Title: The King of Rock 'n' Roll
Hostess: saffivort aka Vannessa
Keyword: HYCCT1321
Date: Monday, October 21st, 2013

This year the Hope You Can Cling To drive has become a lot more personal for me. My 56 year old aunt has just finished her radio and chemotherapy for breast cancer this summer after being diagnosed last year and we're all keeping fingers crossed that she is in the clear. Her love of life is outstanding and she truly showed what a great fighter she is throughout everything.

One of the things that has kept her going through her ordeal is her love of everything Elvis! Everyone posted photos of her beloved King on her Facebook page to make her smile when she was feeling at her worst.

So...my challenge is to be inspired in some way by Elvis and turn it into a card. You could use an image of Elvis or the idea of his sequined costumes or even the words or title of one of his many songs to inspire you. Something, anything inspired by the King of Rock 'n' Roll.

Songs I was thinking of include Blue Suede Shoes, Hound Dog, Return To Sender, It's Now or Never, Shake Rattle & Roll, Jailhouse Rock, (Let me be your) Teddy Bear, Viva Las Vegas, Love Me Tender. I know there are heaps more and you can find a very comprehensive list here if you need any more Elvis song inspiration: List of songs recorded by Elvis Presley

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

Thank you for participating in this card drive! And a HUGE thank you to the other hostesses for their stunning Elvis inspired samples!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elvis_Presley_promoting_Jailhouse_Rock.jpg (51.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT21 Hound Dog.jpg (69.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 001_by_Ksnurse.jpg (76.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg shookup_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (63.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8543_by_KelliJo.jpg (152.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8544_by_KelliJo.jpg (156.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1321_by_LuvLee.jpg (69.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5710_by_dini.jpg (39.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5486_by_dini.jpg (39.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1321_by_LMcAree.jpg (39.4 KB, 27 views)