View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 03:08 AM   #897
Misstreez
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Don't get canned pumpkin in these parts either. I just had to go out to the TV room and mention this strange idea to my partner, who grew up growing pumpkins, winning best pumpkin at the shows and got to name a variety after his farm. Judging from his response, which I won't repeat here, I've been left in no doubt that he thinks it is strange too.

If I ever saw a can in the shop I'd have to buy it though. But my curiosity would probably only extend to opening it, looking at it and maybe dipping my finger in for a tentative taste. I keep imagining it would have added sugar and I'd that I'd be able to taste it.

Never the less, a lot of foreigners find some of our fare odd and strange. My son told me a story when he did a recent military exercise with the US Navy. When a visitor tried our ration pack there were some items of food he thought he may have been fire starter, lol. Yes, it was the dreadful Vegemite. I can image the look on the poor fellows faces as he tried to process that on his taste buds.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!