Challenge Title: KISS Technique
Date: Sunday, October 20, 2013
Last year I had THE best time with this challenge, I am HONORED
to be able to hostess a challenge this year! My mom is a 27 year Breast Cancer Survivor, my Sister is a 14 year Ovarian Cancer Survivor and my Grammy was taken from us at 84 with what they used to call "wild fire cancer".... Seeing the love pour out, reading the stories of those affected by this disease just made me that much happier to do this little thing called make a card.
I used the KISS technique... I kissed my block though!
Yep, I'm not much of a rule follower!
SO...I inked up my block and then stamped/kissed the block then put the block onto my paper! tee hee... when you don't have a solid stamp image... WING IT!
I chose KISS because it stands for Kindness in Showing Support... If it's all you can do, please show some kindness and mail some cards!!!! It means SO
much to SO
We have two tutorials for this technique - first, standard kissing technique
and then kissing with a twist!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Here are some GORGEOUS Samples from my Peeps!!!!
Attachment 283892Attachment 283893Attachment 283894Attachment 283895