Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2013, 05:28 AM   #1  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
BCRibbon HYCCT Master Challenge Thread *LOCKED*

Challenge Title: Inner Strength
Hostess: Understandblue aka Lydia
Keyword: HYCCT1301A
Date: Tuesday, October 1st, 2013

Hello and welcome to the 4th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive - we are thrilled to have you here with us.

We are so excited for your cards to start rolling into MD Anderson and brightening the lives of women and men who we know have a lot of inner strength.

That is what inspired my challenge for our kickoff - inner strength. I've seen so much of it in people whose lives have been touched by cancer - it's very humbling.

My challenge to you is to make a card with inner strength - meaning that a dimensional image on the inside of your card can be seen through an opening in the front of your card.

Dimensional ideas include:

-Popping an image or element up on a dimensional
-Stamping an image on the inside of the card with heat embossing for dimension
-Adding a rhinestone or glitter to the inside image

Since I'm one of those people who never stamps on the inside of a card, this really was a challenge for me! I decided to pop up a butterfly on the inside of the card and position him so that his wings would actually move when the card is opened.

I can't wait to see what you do with this!

Thank you again for joining us, and see the details below for sending in your cards.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

Samples from my talented sample makers are attached - thank you!!! MWAH!

Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1301A by understandblue 001 copy.jpg (145.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1301A_ButterflyDSC_1017_by_mrslaird.jpg (39.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1301A_by_LMcAree.jpg (31.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1301A_by_LuvLee.jpg (36.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8512_by_KelliJo.JPG (124.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 1_Lydias_frnt_IMG_3516_640_by_TexasGrammy.jpg (35.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7341_by_CAKath.jpg (29.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Game_On_Jeanne_Streiff_by_Jeanne_S.jpg (136.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5393_by_dini.jpg (48.2 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-18-2013 at 02:48 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Courage and Strength

Challenge Title: Courage and Strength
Hostess: stamp_momma (Lori)
Keyword: HYCCT1301B
Date: 10/01

So...I can't believe it's time for Hope You Can Cling To already! It really is my favorite time of the card making year. It's definitely one of my favorite events at Splitcoast. To see the community pull together is just an amazing thing to be a part of. Thank you! Thank you!

When I was thinking about my challenge, I kept thinking about how much courage and strength it takes to face cancer and cancer treatments, as a patient or as a loved one. Courage. Strength.

Then I started thinking about the color of mood and action. What is the color of courage? And, I almost immediately landed here. Red is the color of determination, strength, courage and love. Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is the color of encouragement and determination.

My challenge to you is to create a card that shares courage and strength with either the color red or orange or a mixture of both.

I can't wait to see your beautiful cards!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
Read more: Master Challenge Thread - NO CHATTER. Post in order of challenges! :) by UnderstandBlue at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1301B by Understandblue 003 copy.jpg (151.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1301B.jpg (144.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1301BTeresaKline.JPG (100.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Help Jeanne_ Streiff.jpg (69.6 KB, 4 views)

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-13-2013 at 06:11 AM..
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

Challenge Title: Flat is Fabulous
Hostess: Beate
Keyword: HYCCT1301C
Date: 10/01

I am so excited to be hosting a challenge in our 4th annual Hope You can Cling to event.

Every time I perform my breast exam, I am happy when I don't feel any lumps. That lead me to my challenge theme: Flat is fabulous.

Create a card Clean and Simple card. One or two layers....no bulky layers or embellishments. Keep it flat. I can't wait to see what you create!

Thank you again for joining us, and see the details below for sending in your cards.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Read more: Master Challenge Thread - NO CHATTER. Post in order of challenges! :) by UnderstandBlue at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TSOL 1 by understandblue 007 copy.jpg (35.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg TEGraphicBirthdayGreetingsC.jpg (171.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1301CArdyth.jpg (21.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg One Step at a Time Jeanne_Streiff.jpg (149.7 KB, 8 views)

my gallery - my blog

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-13-2013 at 06:11 AM..
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Challenge Title: Hope You Have a Great Day!
Hostess: Jeanne S aka Jeanne
Keyword: HYCCT1302
Date: Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013

Hi everyone!
I'm so happy to be back this year hosting a challenge for this wonderful event!

My challenge to you is to make a card that will put a smile on someone's face. It can be a fun sentiment, a silly image or maybe some bright colors. What ever you think would make person happy when they opened up the envelope.

View the gallery for this challenge HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

Thanks to Lydia, Dina, Kelli Jo, Lee, Kathleen & Edna for the great samples!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1302 by understandblue 009 copy.jpg (40.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Miss Your Face Jeanne_Streiff.jpg (69.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Dina 2.jpg (39.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Dina.jpg (62.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Kelli Jo.jpg (73.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Lee.jpg (62.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Kathleen.jpg (57.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Edna.jpg (63.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-13-2013 at 06:10 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Challenge Title: PINK terest
Hostess: Bridget aka bfinlay
Keyword: HYCCT1303
Date: Thursday, October 3, 2013

photo 4c42cd56-dc11-49c4-ace6-33ec799af20c_zps7d3ba16d.jpg

Hello! It's Day 3 of our HYCCT challenges, I hope you're having fun! It's time to check out some fabulous inspiration from Pinterest, all in gorgeous shades of HOPEFUL PINK ! All you have to do is choose one of the photo's below to inspire your card and then tell us which one it is in your description - and we would LOVE to hear the details of why and how it inspired you too!

Paint Me Pink
 photo 4bd76665-2165-40ab-b77f-38e00a28e99f_zpsd20a6b18.jpg

Little Pink Shop
 photo 0287f022-2611-4274-8dd7-a08f59564633_zps1de9010c.jpg

A Pink Goodnight
 photo 0507b080-cd7c-4a4f-a6aa-04d4f76d51c6_zpsff4748dc.jpg

Frame It Pink
 photo 058a67c1-c52e-4fae-beeb-48f64895cc77_zps42465ccb.jpg

Yummy Pink Ombre
 photo 6d639ea1-bb6d-4428-ae46-3902c86515b0_zps79f907ec.jpg

Fresh Pink Rain
 photo b076fe72-4cce-4a40-8ff2-0af81196fce8_zpsd9748bc4.jpg

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery , with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you so much for participating in this card drive!

And thank you to my fabulous sample makers, Lydia (understandblue), Lee (LuvLee), Lori (LMcAree), Jennifer (nillysilly_ol'bear), Kelli (KellilJo), Holly (hbrown) and Dina (dini):
Attachment 282103Attachment 282408Attachment 282409Attachment 282410Attachment 282734Attachment 282735Attachment 282736Attachment 282797
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1303 by Understandblue 003 copy.jpg (27.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1303_by_LuvLee.jpg (53.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1303_by_LMcAree.jpg (28.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg S2G_Soleil_pinterest_sunset_HYCCT_001_by_nillysilly_ol_bear.jpg (80.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 101_8470.jpg (54.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5592_by_dini.jpg (32.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8521_by_KelliJo.jpg (167.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1303-Pink-Scallops-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg (49.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-13-2013 at 06:10 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 360 Likes on 186 Posts
BCRibbon

Challenge Title: Let's 'Punch out' Breast Cancer
Hostess: CAKath aka Kathy
Keyword: HYCCT1304
Date: Friday, October 4th, 2013

***************CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION*******************
Thanks for joining us on Day 4 of our card drive for breast cancer patients. It's so fun to design cards with our punches and die cuts to help us. Use either or both of them to design a card to encourage these patients and lift their spirits. That's it! Any sketch, any colors, just be sure to include a 'punch'. Let's hope we can truly 'punch out' breast cancer in our lifetime. In the meantime, the cards you make and send to them now provide so much support as they fight the fight. Thanks to all who can participate with us this month.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7343.jpg (48.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5549_by_dini.JPG (87.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg hycct_4_by_pattyb.jpg (31.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1304_HelloDSC_1022_by_mrslaird.jpg (34.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Santa Fe and HYCCT by Understandblue 012 copy.jpg (46.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT4_A_Good_Friend_by_saffivort.JPG (44.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 002_2_by_Ksnurse.JPG (87.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-13-2013 at 06:09 AM..
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Challenge Title: Fighting In Pink Camo
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: HYCCT1305
Date: Saturday, October 5th, 2013

Yes! We can fight cancer and we can WIN! And we can show our strength in PINK CAMO !!!! Pink is not only my favorite color...but the color of October...and a camo version is inspirational to fight, fight, fight!! I'm inspired by so many who I know are currently battling breast cancer as well as other types....and THEY ARE MY HEROES!!! So let's show them that we'll be fighting with them side by side!!!

You can use pink camo ribbon, patterned paper, digital paper....or you can even make your own camo paper!!! I made my own background paper by stamping a solid image repetitively in many shades of pink ink!! It's that simple! You can also use a pink and black re-inker and swirl it on white ribbon or white flowers and make your own pink camo design!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

The first 3 are my samples using camo ribbon and then dp that I made using images and lots of various shades of pink ink. Then a HUGE thanks to my awesome sample-makers: Dina, KelliJo, Misti and Lydia!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1305camoribbon.jpg (38.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1305birdcamo.jpg (37.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1305flowercamo.jpg (35.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5602_by_dini.jpg (48.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8528_by_KelliJo.JPG (168.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1305lee_by_Scraperwannabe.JPG (30.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Pink camo by understandblue 004 copy.jpg (27.3 KB, 11 views)

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 566 Likes on 453 Posts

Challenge Title: Many Colors of Cancer
Hostess: Misti, aka Scraperwannabe
Keyword: HYCCT1306
Date: Sunday, October 6th, 2013

Many Colors of Cancer
Many of us have a loved one or friend that has been affected by cancer. Choose one of the colors of cancer from THIS Site & use it on your project. Feel free to use more than one color combo on your project, if you have more than one person going through a cancer battle. In your description, let us know why you choose the color(s) you did.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1306me.JPG (152.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1306_by_LuvLee.jpg (39.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1306-Colorful-Hello-hb_by_hbrown.jpg (21.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1306 by understandblue 002 copy.jpg (170.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8525_by_KelliJo.JPG (3.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5440_by_dini.JPG (4.4 KB, 3 views)

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Challenge: Peaceful Leaves
Hostess: LMcAree aka Lori
Keyword: HYCCT1307
Date: Monday, October 7th, 2013

Welcome to day 7 of challenges, we are so glad you are joining us!!
I love going for walks, the peacefulness, children laughing and playing and being with nature. We have great trails through neighborhoods, a school and a big beautiful park not far from where I live. One day as I was walking along I was thinking about how some of the patients are not able to get out and enjoy the beauty, especially this time of year.

My challenge is to use a leaf or leaves on your card. You may use a single leaf, as a background, the leaves on a tree, in a flower bouquet or anything you can think of!

I cannot wait to see your cards!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you so much for participating in this card drive!!

A BIG thank you to my amazing sample makers Edna, Lydia, Kittie & Bev!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog

SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts
Default It's a Cover-Up

Challenge Title: It's a Cover-Up
Hostess: Sabrina, aka Cook22
Keyword: HYCCT1308
Date: Tuesday, October 8th, 2013

Sadly I have a couple of friends fighting the fight against breast cancer this year.
But like my Chicken SOUP challenge last year, my It's a Cover-Up challenge is inspired by a dear friend who won the fight against breast cancer but lost the battle to secondaries some years ago.
When she was staying with us after her operation, it was only a month or so till her sister's wedding. She was going to be the only bridesmaid, and they had chosen a lovely dress long before cancer reared its ugly head. M was a bit self-conscious about the scar showing, since it was a strappy floral dress. So we went together to the local fabric shop and picked out some lovely cream linen and a pattern for a neat little bolero jacket which I made for her.
She wore it for the service and the photos - but maybe the best thing of all was that as the day wore on she was comfortable and relaxed enough to take it off. It was there for her when she needed the psychological "cover" it gave her, though.

So my challenge is to make a card with a hidden message (or image) which you can uncover by opening a flap or swinging a hinged tag or panel - not just opening the card ;).
Options for making a swinging tag are to use a brad or an eyelet to attach it to the card front, or ribbon as in KelliJo's super sample.

Because the little jacket I made for my friend was sewn - you get extra cyber-points for using real stitching on your card - but this is totally optional. It doesn't even have to be machine sewing - anything that uses a needle and thread or floss is good for a virtual fresh-baked chocolate chip cookie from me .

View the entire Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
2. You may not combine HYCCT challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thanks to my wonderful sample makers I have some super-inspiring ideas for you! But if you still need more inspiration or ideas, some of the other hostesses have already uploaded fab cards which you can check out by clicking on the gallery link - that's the green link above!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1308tagc22.jpg (46.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1308c22.jpg (89.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1308bc22.jpg (91.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8513_by_KelliJo.jpg (43.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2776.jpg (48.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2779.jpg (33.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg File Folder card by understandblue 004 copy.jpg (35.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1308_closed_by_PH_in_VA.jpg (55.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1308_open_by_PH_in_VA.jpg (26.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-13-2013 at 06:08 AM..
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strength of Steel

Challenge Title: Strength of Steel
Hostess: rgrohall aka Rebecca
Keyword: HYCCT1309
Date: Wednesday, October 9th, 2013

***************CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION*******************

Whether you are a survivor, currently fighting your own battle or you're part of a support network: you have superman strength - STRENGTH OF STEEL! To celebrate that strength, show off your metal :-) Feel free to use aluminum foil in your creation, recycled soda cans, home improvement flashing, or use a metal embellishment! Check out our samples! To use aluminum foil - simple adhere it (glue stick works great) to a piece of cardstock. Once its adhered - you can emboss it, punch it, die cut it, etc! If you haven't ever used a soda can for a fabulous embellishment - rinse one out and check out these tutorials:
Are you having fun? We hope so because the cards you are making are going to bring some much love & joy into the people going through cancer, their caregivers and loved ones.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0278_by_Ksnurse.jpg (93.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1309_by_LuvLee.jpg (33.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5460_by_dini.jpg (53.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1309c22_by_Cook22.png (769.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8535_by_KelliJo.jpg (157.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1309_RG4.jpg (30.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1309_RG1.jpg (50.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1309_RG3.jpg (42.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1309 by understandblue 001 copy.jpg (40.0 KB, 9 views)

Challenge Title:Words to Inspire you
Hostess: Jellybean74
Keyword: HYCCT1310
Date: Thursday, October 10th, 2013

Hi there!!! I'm so excited to be hosting a challenge for this year's challenges.

My challenge to you is to make a card using words that are meant to inspire. What are words that keep you going? What's your mantra? Mine right now would have to be "Grow through it - you're stronger than you think you are" The inspiring words can be the focal point of your card or let the words go with the image you've used.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE Here

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT day 10 angela.jpg (65.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg ARDYTH SAMPLE.jpg (29.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DINI sample.jpg (51.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg kellijo sample.jpg (37.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg lor sample.jpg (34.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Joy to the world by understandblue 004 copy.jpg (118.6 KB, 6 views)
I design for Stamping Bella.

Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Challenge Title: Peace & Quiet
Hostess: Ardyth
Keyword: HYCCT1311
Date: Friday, October 11, 2013

After Angela's challenge (Words to Inspire) yesterday, my challenge to is to make a card that's full of Peace & Quiet. NO WORDS on the front. Let your image(s) do the talking and get your message across.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1311_float_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (59.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8534_by_KelliJo.jpg (181.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5569_by_dini.jpg (85.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7430_by_CAKath.jpg (28.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg hycct1311_531x640_by_pattyb.jpg (46.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1311_by_LuvLee.jpg (46.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1311_by_LMcAree.jpg (44.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 002_2_by_Ksnurse.jpg (90.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1311_by_PH_in_VA.jpg (42.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Phindy_Serenade_Peaceful_Lake_Scene_001_by_nillysilly_ol_bear.jpg (77.7 KB, 8 views)

Challenge Title: The Colors of October
Hostess: pattyb
Keyword: HYCCT1312
Date: Saturday, October 12th, 2013

Hello and welcome to the 4th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive - we are thrilled to have you here with us.

Being an October baby I'm very familiar with the October birthstones which are: Opal, Tourmaline, & Pink sapphire

The October flowers are: Calendulas and Cosmos.

See the pictures below for some October goodness ;)

October is also the month of Hope, just one more reason why this challenge is perfect for this month!

Challenge translation: In honor of October make a card featuring pink, green, & yellow with a touch of something shimmery or opal looking. You may use any shade of pink, green, & yellow that you wish, pastels, earthy tones, or bright tones. Keep the theme of the card upbeat and happy!

I can't wait to see what you do with this color combo!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg calendula and cosmos.jpg (11.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg opal and pink sapphire.jpg (5.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg tourmaline.jpg (12.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg hyyct 12.jpg (56.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg hyyct1312a.jpg (42.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg hycct 1312 b.jpg (42.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Hycct1312b.jpg (57.0 KB, 10 views)

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-13-2013 at 06:07 AM..

Challenge Title: Sticking by Your Side
Hostess: Tenia Sanders-Nelson
Keyword: HYCCT1313
Date: Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hello Y'all!! Hope all is well. Today's challenge focuses on sticking by friends and family that need that your love! So today I would love for y'all to create a card with a Washi Tape Background!! Have fun and can't wait to see what y'all create!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Check out what my AWESOMESAUCE sample makers created for this challenge!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hycct challenge card oct 13 2013.jpg (51.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg washitag_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (53.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg PC_WashiDSC_0274_by_mrslaird.jpg (36.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8524_by_KelliJo.jpg (174.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7466_by_CAKath.jpg (38.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5610_by_dini.jpg (37.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg hyyct_13_by_pattyb.jpg (41.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg HYCT1313_by_LuvLee.jpg (52.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1313-Fabulous-Washi-hb_by_hbrown.jpg (48.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1313_by_LMcAree.jpg (47.5 KB, 31 views)
Summer 2012 CAS DT Member
Currently designing for some great companies!!!

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-13-2013 at 06:07 AM..
Kookie Creator

Challenge Title: Blingtastic
Hostess: corgidusty
Keyword: HYCCT1314
Date: Monday, October 14th, 2013

I am so excited to be hosting a challenge in our 4th annual Hope You can Cling to event.

My challenge is to create a card that is totally Blingtastic. Use glitter and rhinestones on your card. I can't wait to see what you create!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

The Department of Volunteer Services � Unit 115
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive and thanks to my awesome sample makers!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1314 Blingtastic by Understandblue 003 copy.jpg (188.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg hycct1314.jpg (76.7 KB, 25 views)
Check out my gallery
Premier Business Member
Have a Great Day!!!
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

Challenge Title: Bursting with Hope
Hostess: PH in VA (Patricia)
Keyword: HYCCT1315A
Date: Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hi there! Welcome to the fourth annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive! We're so glad you are here with us. We are excited for your cards to start arriving at MD Anderson Cancer Center to brighten the lives of many people.

I don't know anyone who doesn't hope that a cure for cancer will be found some day soon. Our challenge drive aspires to give the patients at MD Anderson hope that they will beat this horrid disease. Many of us HYCCT hostesses here are so full of hope we're about to burst, LOL! So I thought it would be fun to create cards for this challenge using a starburst design.

Your starburst should be created from either cardstock or patterned paper, and NOT be a stamped image. For your card, you may choose to follow the Starburst Technique tutorial linked below, you may freehand cut your starburst rays, or if you have a die that will cut the starburst shape you may use that! Some people call it a "sunburst" instead of a "starburst" and that's OK. If you'd like to use pink in your starburst you definitely may, but pink is not a requirement.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our awesome prizes! Please post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine HYCCT challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag, and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center.

Thank you to my fabulous sample makers - Sabrina, Lydia, Patty, Kathy, and Dina!

Now it's your turn - show us what you can create with your cardstock and patterned papers to let us know that you are bursting with hope!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1315.jpg (65.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Sabrina's starburst card.jpg (56.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1315 Happy Halloween by understandblue 003 copy.jpg (35.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Patty's starburst card.jpg (42.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Kathy's starburst card.jpg (41.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1315 thanks.jpg (84.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Dina's starburst card.JPG (42.4 KB, 35 views)
Attached Files
File Type: doc Starburst Card Tutorial 97-2003.doc (1.70 MB, 26 views)
File Type: pdf Starburst Card Tutorial pdf.pdf (1.72 MB, 34 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-15-2013 at 04:09 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

Challenge Title: Warm & Furry Fuzzies ( KIDS CHALLENGE)
Hostess: JBgreendawn aka Stacy
Keyword: HYCCT1315B
Date: Tuesday, October 15th, 2013

This is the KIDS CHALLENGE and for everyone young at heart. the thought behind this challenge is to create a card ( or tag ) with an critter on the cover that is fur covered. ( warm and furry to cuddle ) any animal you please.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
2. You may not combine HYCCT challenges , but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

I'd Like to thank Sabrina ( Cook22), Dina (dini) , Kelli (KelliJo) & Lee (LuvLee) for being sample makers for this challenge also!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5612_by_dini.jpg (44.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1315Ac22_by_Cook22.png (622.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8540_by_KelliJo.jpg (39.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1315A_by_LuvLee.jpg (187.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg furhugs JBgreendawn.jpg (93.7 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-15-2013 at 02:48 PM..
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Pocket Full of Hope

Challenge Title: Pocket Full of Hope
Hostess: TexasGrammy .. a.k.a. Bev
Keyword: HYCCT1316
Date: Saturday, October 16th, 2013

Act 1: The first inspiration for my topic "Pocketful of Hope", came from the lyrics of an oldie goldie song with a somewhat uplifting message of its own:
Catch a falling star an' put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away
Catch a falling star an' put it in your pocket
Save it for a rainy day ... ...

Act 2: Reality. Life is very short. Just in the time since I first named my challenge, I have attended the funeral of a dear friend's beautiful & bright 21-year old daughter, who battled fiercely with leukemia. Ashley's battle lasted only 10 days in a Dallas-area hospital. Then suddenly, her journey here with us had ended. At Ashley's funeral, Sept. 28, we each pinned an orange ribbon to our blouse or jacket. And that has brought about a wee change to my challenge.

Pocket Full of Hope challenge :
  • Create a pocket card, or a card with a pocket on it.
  • Bonus 1: To fill the pocket with hope, add a star or stars OR a heart or hearts.
  • Bonus 2: Make it orange (leukemia) or pink (breast cancer and our traditional color for HYCCT).

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

**Many, many thanks to you for participating in this loving card drive!
File Type: jpg 1 kittie Layered Rose closed.jpg (87.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 1 Kittie layered Rose open.jpg (40.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 1 Lori HYCCT1316_by_LMcAree.jpg (43.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 1 frnt closed IMG_3652 640.jpg (56.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 1 frnt duo IMG_3634 640.jpg (50.7 KB, 24 views)
Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess

Challenge Title: Stand Tall
Hostess: va.sunshine aka Teresa
Keyword: HYCCT1317
Date: Thursday, October 17, 2013

I could not be happier to host a HOPE challenge again this year, touching others with my luv of creating is very near and dear to my heart!

My challenge is to "Stand Tall", make a tall/skinny card. Cancer needs to be attacked boldly, standing tall and brave; whether it is the patient or family and friends standing tall for the patient! We must stand up together against this terrible disease.

CHALLENGE: Stand Tall , make a tall card . I use a 12 x12 sheet of card stock; cut the paper 3 1/2" x 12" and fold it to be a 3 1/2" x 6" card. It fits into a business size envelope....perfect tall card!

Thank you so very much for helping, see the details below for sending in your cards.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

THANK YOU to my sample makers below!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dina.jpg (49.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg edna.jpg (37.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpeg nurse.jpeg (77.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg dawn.jpg (48.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpeg kellijo.jpeg (149.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg LMcAree.jpg (3.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg luvlee.jpg (41.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg patty.jpg (31.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1317.JPG (79.3 KB, 27 views)
designing for
verve stamps, sunday stamps, inspired by, and as you see it challenges
AMAZON shopping

Philippians 4:6-7

Looking for a place to send your stash of cards? Check out Cards For A Cause
Help US Help Others!
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Scene of Serenity

Challenge Title: Scene of Serenity
Hostess: kittie747 aka Kittie
Keyword: HYCCT1319
Date: Saturday, October 19, 2013

I am so happy to be hosting a challenge for this wonderful event.

Creating scenes has been a passion of mine since I first began paper crafting. My challenge for you today is to create a project with a scene. You can use stamped images, die cut images, free hand sketching or painting. The sky is the limit. You can make your scene extra special if you would add some shade of the color pink but it isn't required. Have fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Read more: HYCCT Master Challenge Thread *LOCKED* by UnderstandBlue at Splitcoaststampers

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

You can see the wonderful samples for this challenge below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Holly Brown Sample.jpg (48.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg KC Memory Box Grand Oak Tree 5 left.jpg (36.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1319_by_LMcAree.jpg (40.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1319_by_LuvLee.jpg (42.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1319_Hedgehog_SceneDSC_0013_by_mrslaird.jpg (34.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1319c22_by_Cook22.jpg (59.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5482_by_dini.jpg (43.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg senic4U_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (82.0 KB, 22 views)
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Default Kindness Is Showing Support

Challenge Title: KISS Technique
Hostess: KelliJo
Keyword: HYCCT1320
Date: Sunday, October 20, 2013

Last year I had THE best time with this challenge, I am HONORED to be able to hostess a challenge this year! My mom is a 27 year Breast Cancer Survivor, my Sister is a 14 year Ovarian Cancer Survivor and my Grammy was taken from us at 84 with what they used to call "wild fire cancer".... Seeing the love pour out, reading the stories of those affected by this disease just made me that much happier to do this little thing called make a card.

Attachment 284058

I used the KISS technique... I kissed my block though! ;) Yep, I'm not much of a rule follower! :twisted: SO...I inked up my block and then stamped/kissed the block then put the block onto my paper! tee hee... when you don't have a solid stamp image... WING IT!

I chose KISS because it stands for Kindness in Showing Support... If it's all you can do, please show some kindness and mail some cards!!!! It means SO much to SO many!!!!

We have two tutorials for this technique - first, standard kissing technique and then kissing with a twist!.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Here are some GORGEOUS Samples from my Peeps!!!! :mrgreen:

Attachment 283892Attachment 283893Attachment 283894Attachment 283895
Attachment 283896
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1320_by_LuvLee.jpg (51.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Floralcents_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (49.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1320c22_by_Cook22.jpg (59.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1320-Gratitude-KISS-hb_by_hbrown.jpg (48.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5517_by_dini.JPG (40.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8548.jpg (51.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1320 by understandblue 003 copy.jpg (115.8 KB, 28 views)
Glitter Guru

BCRibbon The King of Rock n Roll

Challenge Title: The King of Rock 'n' Roll
Hostess: saffivort aka Vannessa
Keyword: HYCCT1321
Date: Monday, October 21st, 2013

This year the Hope You Can Cling To drive has become a lot more personal for me. My 56 year old aunt has just finished her radio and chemotherapy for breast cancer this summer after being diagnosed last year and we're all keeping fingers crossed that she is in the clear. Her love of life is outstanding and she truly showed what a great fighter she is throughout everything.

One of the things that has kept her going through her ordeal is her love of everything Elvis! Everyone posted photos of her beloved King on her Facebook page to make her smile when she was feeling at her worst.

So...my challenge is to be inspired in some way by Elvis and turn it into a card. You could use an image of Elvis or the idea of his sequined costumes or even the words or title of one of his many songs to inspire you. Something, anything inspired by the King of Rock 'n' Roll.

Songs I was thinking of include Blue Suede Shoes, Hound Dog, Return To Sender, It's Now or Never, Shake Rattle & Roll, Jailhouse Rock, (Let me be your) Teddy Bear, Viva Las Vegas, Love Me Tender. I know there are heaps more and you can find a very comprehensive list here if you need any more Elvis song inspiration: List of songs recorded by Elvis Presley

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive! And a HUGE thank you to the other hostesses for their stunning Elvis inspired samples!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elvis_Presley_promoting_Jailhouse_Rock.jpg (51.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT21 Hound Dog.jpg (69.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 001_by_Ksnurse.jpg (76.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg shookup_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (63.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8543_by_KelliJo.jpg (152.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8544_by_KelliJo.jpg (156.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1321_by_LuvLee.jpg (69.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5710_by_dini.jpg (39.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5486_by_dini.jpg (39.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1321_by_LMcAree.jpg (39.4 KB, 27 views)
Dirty Dozen Alumni

BCRibbon HYCCT1322 - BevMom - sending flowers - use flower(s) on your card

Challenge Title: Sending Flowers
Keyword: HYCCT1322
Date: Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Nothing brightens someone's day like flowers. They are the first gesture we make when someone is down, and their beauty can truly change a person's outlook on a day. I know when I walk into my home and I have a vase of flowers, the room just feels different.

Papercrafters can send flowers every day - and we should! So my challenge to you is to brighten the days of these ladies in Houston with one or more flowers on your card. Here are some possibilities for this challenge:

1) Hand paint your flowers or draw them
2) Stamp flowers
3) Use pressed flowers
4) Make paper or ribbon flowers using any of our tutorials:
- Facial Tissue Flower
- Crinkled Ribbon Flower
- Rosebud
- Dryer Sheet Flower
- Rolled Ribbon Flower
- Loopy Flower
- Metal Flower
- Rolled Flowers
and many more! Just type flower in the search box on this page.

Shower us with flowers, and don't forget to mail your cards!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg flowers bloomed 102213.jpg (165.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1322 by understandblue 003 copy.jpg (159.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5391_by_dini.JPG (46.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 071613TT_FLLC_by_StampingQueenJAR.jpg (32.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1322_by_LMcAree.jpg (43.5 KB, 14 views)
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Challenge Title: Impossible Things Happen
Hostess: mrslaird aka Paula
Keyword: HYCCT1323
Date: Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013

While I was thinking about my challenge I kept singing this part of the song "Impossible" by Rodgers and Hammerstein from Cinderella.

But the world is full of zanies and fools,
Who don't believe in sensible rules,
And won't believe what sensible people say,
And because these daft and dewy eyed dopes keep building up impossible hopes,
Impossible, things are happening every day.

And to quote the other Cinderella, the dreams that you wish can come true! Let's celebrate the magic of hope, faith, happy thoughts, and believing in the impossible.

My challenge is to make a card inspired by a fairy tale .

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor

BCRibbon Keep it under wraps

Challenge Title: Keep it Under Wraps
Hostess: Ksnurse (Sheri)
Keyword: HYCCT1324
Date: 10/24/2013

Oh My Word!! I just can't tell you how excited I am to be a hostess for HYCCT13. This has got to be one of my fave events at SCS. This is such a blessing to all and it is so wonderful to see all the awesome cards that are going to be brightening up the days of a lot of people. Thank you to all who play along.

My mother was an original Frugalista, 'cept in those days we were just called cheap. I can remember many dresses remade from hers or my aunts clothes, used textbooks covered up with decorated brown paper grocery sacks, etc. I even had a dress once made out of a vintage sheet that she found at a garage sale. She was a master at covering up the original purpose of an object. So in honor of her, we are going to cover something up: a plain spiral notebook, legal pad, composition book etc. and turn it into something pretty.

As a nurse, I always tell my patients to write things down to ask when the Dr. comes around and I would buy stacks of cheap notebooks at dollar store to give them instead of plain charting paper. I want you to make a decorated (altered) notepad of any kind that can be used by the patients to jot notes, keep address of new friends, family to leave notes, journal of their journey, etc. Since this is Breast Cancer Awareness month, please put at least a spot of pink on it.

And just remember: have fun I can't wait to see what y'all come up with!!

View the gallery for this challenge here
View the Hope You Can Cling To gallery Here
View the Hope You Can Cling To master challenge thread Here

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To gallery with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

And a H-U-G-E squishy hug to all my talented sample makers. You are wonderful!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (118.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg hycct1324_493x640_by_pattyb.jpg (39.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1324_by_LMcAree.jpg (37.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1324_by_LuvLee.jpg (179.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1324_feather_notebookDSC_0041_by_mrslaird.jpg (25.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1324_Notebook_by_Edna15.jpg (36.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1324c22_by_Cook22.png (664.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5526_by_dini.JPG (42.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8547_by_KelliJo.JPG (167.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg notebook_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (68.4 KB, 23 views)
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,120 Likes on 503 Posts

Challenge Title: A Listening Ear
Hostess: dini aka Dina K.
Keyword: HYCCT1325
Date: Friday, October 25th, 2013

Hello and welcome to the 4th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive - we are so thrilled that you are here!! Thank you so much for all your support so far - I can't believe we're rolling into our final week of challenges!!

I know when I�ve gone through difficult times in my life, the thing that I found most refreshing was to have someone just really listen to me � not try to fix things for me, or say the right thing (because more often than not, those words aren�t there), but just to sit, allow me to get everything out into words, take it in, and through those words, process the situation along with me. The skill of listening is so valuable and rare.

So, for my challenge today... I want to see EARS on your cards!

You can choose an animal image, or an image of a person � the important thing is that an ear, big or small, is showing. If you�re feeling punny and want to have ears of corn instead� I�ll take that, too.

Thank you again for joining us! Please see the details below for sending in your cards.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive, and thanks to my sample makers, too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT_samples_by_dini.jpg (68.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 011813Blog_Hambo_by_StampingQueenJAR.jpg (73.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1325_by_Kathleen_Lammie.JPG (30.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1325c22_by_Cook22.png (584.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5707.JPG (112.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg ears-102413.jpg (166.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT All Ears by understandblue 001 copy.jpg (34.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg allears_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (65.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1325_by_LuvLee.jpg (39.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg hycct1325seeds_by_Scraperwannabe.JPG (114.2 KB, 17 views)
Vincent Van Gogh

Polyshrink Goddess

BCRibbon

Challenge Title : Mixing It Up - Mixed Media
Hostess : SinCityGal - Lisa
Keyword : HYCCT1326
Date : Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sometimes to keep your sanity when times are stressful, tough, or just aren't going your way you just have to mix things up a little. Y'know? Change the tempo. Do things a little differently.

My challenge to you is to create a card using MIXED MEDIA!! Don't be scared. It's not hard, I promise. And I'm sure you already have the tools, items you need to make a really scrumptious, glorious, something-special kind of card.
  • mixed me�di�a
  • A technique involving the use of two or more artistic media, such as ink and pastel or painting and collage, that are combined in a single composition.

If you need any help or ideas, Splitcoaststampers has a wonderful Mixed Media challenge every Friday. Check out the challenge forum HERE if you just have no idea how to start, but you really want to play along - which I really hope you do!

View the Gallery for This Challenge HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery , with the specific challenge keyword , no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

2. You may not combine challenges , but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HopeHappens_by_dini.jpg (51.5 KB, 30 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1326c22_by_Cook22.png (646.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Moonlit bunnies by understandblue 002 copy.jpg (62.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg HopeLoveHYCCT2013.jpg (32.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg mixedfly_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (67.6 KB, 24 views)
Stazon Splitcoast

Challenge Title: Honor your Elders
Hostess: Kathleen Lammie
Keyword: HYCCT1327
Date: Sunday, October 27th, 2013

Thank you so much for checking out my challenge! In our culture, our elders are not always held in such high regard. Think about it for a minute. Was there some older person in your life who really made a difference? It could be a family member, a teacher or professor, healthcare professional, a clergy member, a neighbor, so many possibilities! So lets make a card to honor your elders. Extra points for vintage and/or using gold. If you have time, let us know who you are honoring and why. Special thanks to Stacy, Dina and KelliJo for making examples!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HYCCT1327

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

File Type: jpg IMG_5616_by_dini.jpg (42.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8514_by_KelliJo.jpg (146.0 KB, 27 views)

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...&ppuser=336745
Fan Club member
QFTD128
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Challenge Title: I Clearly Care
Hostess: StampingQueenJAR aka Judy
Keyword: HYCCT1328
Date: Monday, October 28, 2013

Welcome to the 4th Annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive! What an uplifting time of the year for cardmakers!

I hope you will play along in my challenge today, as there are a lot of opportunities and ways to meet the "clear" requirement!

My challenge to you today is called "I Clearly Care" and it is to create a card that shows you "clearly care" -- stamping on acetate, plastic, shaker cards, with glaze, etc. - with shades of pink somewhere , of course!

There are so many fabulous tutorials in the Tutorials section if you would like to try something new, or need to remember how to do something.
Because there are so many that work, I couldn't link them all here, but in the search bar on that page, type acetate or shaker and see all the fun things that come up! Here is the Tutorials link.

Thank you for playing along! Special thanks to my amazing sample makers and stamping friends, Dina, Jennifer, Kathy, Sheri, Stacy and Lee! All of the details for sending in your cards and where the galleries are, are below!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery , with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYYCT1028.jpg (67.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1028b.jpg (71.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5503_by_dini.JPG (72.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg ADFD_Indian_Summer_Acorn_Girl_with_twigs_and_clear_leaves_001_by_nillysilly_ol_bear.jpg (70.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7377_by_CAKath.jpg (38.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 006_by_Ksnurse.JPG (75.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg PoppieHello_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (69.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1328_by_LuvLee.jpg (21.6 KB, 26 views)
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Challenge Title: (Subway)Art with Heart
Hostess: Ashjoy aka Joyce
Keyword: HYCCT1329
Date: Tuesday, October 29th, 2013

Hello everyone one and welcome to the (Subway)Art with Heart challenge! Subway Art is simply any art you see on the street that isn’t graffiti. Think bill boards, kiosk signs, the sides of busses ect. All you need to take this challenge is a piece of subway art as your inspiration (or you can use the photo below) and of course to put a little of your heart into it! If you choose to use your own inspiration piece please be sure to link it in your description and tell us how you used it.

This is my inspiration piece.

And this is my sample.

And here are a few samples from this years HYCCT designers.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-29-2013 at 09:41 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Challenge Title: Sparkling Season
Hostess: hbrown (Holly)
Keyword: HYCCT1330
Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Welcome to the 4th Annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive! What an uplifting time of the year for cardmakers!

With the holidays fast approaching, I thought it would be fun to have a challenge focused on making holiday cards. In order to make them "Sparkling Season" holiday cards, my requirement is to use glitter on your cards.

So make a Halloween card, a Thanksgiving card, a Christmas card, or even a Valentine's Day card with glitter on it. Bonus points to those who use PINK on their cards!! :-)

Don't freak out about the glitter requirement. You can use so many different things. Regular glitter, chunky glitter, Stickles, glitter cardstock, pre-glittered brads and other embellishments, even your kid's glitter glues all work just fine for this challenge. Just have fun and enjoy the sparkles!

Thank you for playing along! Special thanks to my amazing sample makers and stamping friends, saffivort, mrslaird, va.sunshine, Ksnurse, LuvLee, JBgreendawn, CAKath, LMcAree, and dini! All of the details for sending in your cards and where the galleries are, are below!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center.)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1330-Pink-Tree-hbs.jpg (45.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg diniHYCCT1330.jpg (81.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1330_by_LuvLee.jpg (47.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg JBgreendawnHYCCT1330.jpg (88.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg KsnurseHYCCT1330.jpg (98.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1330Teresa_by_va_sunshine.jpg (98.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg dini2HYCCT1330.jpg (41.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1330mrslaird.jpg (41.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1330_1by_CAKath.jpg (31.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1330_by_LMcAree.jpg (35.9 KB, 17 views)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Challenge Title: I *Heart* You
Hostess: Lynn Mercurio
Keyword: HYCCT1331A
Date: October 31, 2013

Here we are, the last day of this wonderful month of challenges for such a worthwhile cause. This is the first of three challenges today and since it has been a month of "heartfelt" love and support, I thought it would be fitting to have a challenge to create a heart shaped card or a card that contains hearts.

There are many ways to create a "shaped card", and you may have your favorite method, but if you need a little guidance, you can check out this tutorial from Beate. Beate demonstrates how easy it is to create a shaped card using dies.

Here is my sample, which was created using a cut file from the Silhouette online store:

I'd like to thank all those who have created samples for my challenge: Lydia , JBgreendawn , LuvLee , Enda15 , LMcAree , va.sunshine , and hbrown

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT Heartbreak Hotel by Understandblue 006 copy.jpg (47.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1331A_by_LuvLee.jpg (40.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Bleedingheartslove_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (53.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1331A_Heart_You_by_Edna15.jpg (47.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5639_by_dini.jpg (45.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1331A_by_va_sunshine.jpg (110.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1331A_by_LMcAree.jpg (44.7 KB, 19 views)

My Gallery

Default HYCCT1331B Group Hug Challenge

Challenge Title: Group Hug
Hostess: Edna15 aka Edna Morrisedie
Keyword: HYCCT1331B
Date: Thursday, October 31st, 2013

Welcome to the 2nd of 3 Challenges on the last day of our 4th Annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive! You have been creative and supportive and impressive... keep them coming!

Sometimes messages are sent from or to groups of people, messages of thanks, messages of encouragement, messages of hope... sometimes it is great to feel the arms of many at one time... your challenge is to create a card that is simple in nature, and large in its message. Use sentiments or images that reflect a message from or to a group of people, and allow the patient to send or receive a Group Hug.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

And a very big and warm thank you to my sample makers, they have done an amazing job: Dini, nillysilly_ol'bear, va.sunshine
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default HYCCT1331C - Pick a team!

Challenge Title: I Can't Believe It's Over
Keyword: HYCCT1331C
Date: Thursday, October 31st, 2013

Every year when we get to this point, I just keep saying to myself - "I can't believe it's over."

Well just 32 days ago, I was saying the same thing before I watched the season finale of my beloved, beloved favorite TV show - Breaking Bad, created, written and produced by Vince Gilligan.

One of the coolest things about this show was that the writers very subtly wove color theory into the plot of the show. Every item of clothing the characters wore was a symbol of the "team" they were on. If they started to move towards another character's team, their clothing and their environments would change to reflect that - and become a color that was a mix of those two teams.

<dl><dd>"I want to do the color timing for each of these episodes where you sit with the colorist and make sure that the color of each individual scene is just the way you want it." </dd><dd>―Vince Gilligan, IndieWire interview, July 2012</dd></dl>
It was SUCH a cool part of the show for an arty chick like me, so of course it inspired my challenge today.

What I want you to do is create a black and white card, with just a pop of one of the colors listed below - indicating your "team." you do not have to know anything about the show or these characters to play - you just have to pick one of these six colors for your pop.

1) Green (Team Walt)
2) Purple (Team Marie)
3) Brown (Team Hank)
4) Pink (Team Holly)
5) Blue - (Team Skyler)
6) Yellow - (Team Jesse)

I can't wait to see what you do with this! It will be interesting to see which "team" has the most cards!

A little trivia about my samples - the images on my Breaking Bad cards are stamps that I hand carved. The cards were a little gift set that I put in as a first to find prize for a Breaking Bad themed puzzle geocache I placed. If you are a fellow geocacher, we have a forum for that!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030