View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #8929
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

RumChata. I'd never heard of it tonight. I asked our friend's husband bartender (not officially, lol, just at their house) to make me something yummy, he asked a few questions, was having trouble with mixing whatever he had in mind then suddenly a light went off and he said, I know what. And he poured a shot of this white stuff and I sniffed it. And I tasted it. And I smiled.

Quote:
RumChata is a cream liqueur that has become very popular since its release in 2009. It is made from a blend of five-time distilled Caribbean rums with Wisconsin dairy cream and flavored with cinnamon, vanilla, and other 'secret flavors.' The inspiration for RumChata is horchata, a very popular drink in Mexico and Spain that actually dates back to the time of ancient Egyptians. In Egypt and Spain the chufa nut was ground with water, cinnamon, and sugar to make a drink that has the look of milk. When the recipe came to Mexico rice was used in place of the nut. Traditionally, horchata does not contain dairy products, though RumChata liqueur does. RumChata contains homogenized cream and does not need to be refrigerated. An open bottle can be stored at room temperature for about 6 months.
Learn About RumChata Cream Liqueur and Find RumChata Cocktail Recipes

I found generally online that it sells for around $25 for 750 ml.

Then I checked an old favorite, Green Chartreuse, which, when combined with unsweetened pineapple juice and poured over ice, looked like and was called Swampwater. Nothing nice on a hot and humid Kentucky afternoon. It's now going for around $64 for 750 ml. Wow.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!