Challenge Title: Bursting with Hope
Hostess: PH in VA (Patricia)
Date: Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Hi there! Welcome to the fourth annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive! We're so glad you are here with us. We are excited for your cards to start arriving at MD Anderson Cancer Center to brighten the lives of many people.
I don't know anyone who doesn't hope that a cure for cancer will be found some day soon. Our challenge drive aspires to give the patients at MD Anderson hope that they will beat this horrid disease. Many of us HYCCT hostesses here are so full of hope we're about to burst, LOL! So I thought it would be fun to create cards for this challenge using a starburst design.
Your starburst should be created from either cardstock or patterned paper
, and NOT be a stamped image. For your card, you may choose to follow the Starburst Technique tutorial linked below, you may freehand cut your starburst rays, or if you have a die that will cut the starburst shape you may use that! Some people call it a "sunburst" instead of a "starburst" and that's OK. If you'd like to use pink in your starburst you definitely may, but pink is not a requirement.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery
, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our awesome prizes! Please post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine HYCCT challenges
, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag, and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center.
Thank you to my fabulous sample makers - Sabrina, Lydia, Patty, Kathy, and Dina!
Now it's your turn - show us what you can create with your cardstock and patterned papers to let us know that you are bursting with hope