09-20-2013, 06:20 AM
Splitcoast Team Member
Join Date: May 2004
Courage and Strength
Challenge Title: Courage and Strength
Hostess: stamp_momma (Lori)
So...I can't believe it's time for Hope You Can Cling To already! It really is my favorite time of the card making year. It's definitely one of my favorite events at Splitcoast. To see the community pull together is just an amazing thing to be a part of. Thank you! Thank you!
When I was thinking about my challenge, I kept thinking about how much courage and strength it takes to face cancer and cancer treatments, as a patient or as a loved one. Courage. Strength.
Then I started thinking about the color of mood and action. What is the color of courage? And, I almost immediately landed here. Red is the color of determination, strength, courage and love. Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is the color of encouragement and determination.
My challenge to you is to create a card that shares courage and strength with either the color red or orange or a mixture of both.
I can't wait to see your beautiful cards!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...#ixzz2gHiCIejU
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-13-2013 at 06:11 AM..