Challenge Title: Inner Strength
Hostess: Understandblue aka Lydia
Date: Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
Hello and welcome to the 4th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive - we are thrilled to have you here with us.
We are so excited for your cards to start rolling into MD Anderson and brightening the lives of women and men who we know have a lot of inner strength.
That is what inspired my challenge for our kickoff - inner strength. I've seen so much of it in people whose lives have been touched by cancer - it's very humbling.
My challenge to you is to make a card with inner strength - meaning that a dimensional image on the inside
of your card can be seen through an opening in the front of your card.
Dimensional ideas include:
-Popping an image or element up on a dimensional
-Stamping an image on the inside of the card with heat embossing for dimension
-Adding a rhinestone or glitter to the inside image
Since I'm one of those people who never stamps on the inside of a card, this really was a challenge for me! I decided to pop up a butterfly on the inside of the card and position him so that his wings would actually move when the card is opened.
I can't wait to see what you do with this!
Thank you again for joining us, and see the details below for sending in your cards.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery
, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges
, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Samples from my talented sample makers are attached - thank you!!! MWAH!
Thank you for participating in this card drive!