10-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In the thumb of Minglerville, MI
Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup
I've gone mostly low carb and gluten free, I've had a hankering for broccoli soup and this looks like it just might fit the need!
Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup:
Heat broth and broccoli until broccoli is tender. Mix cream cheese, heavy cream, shredded cheese and butter in another pan and stir often. When broccoli is tender, put half in a blender and puree (this makes it a little thicker). When the other pan is melted, add to broth and broccoli. Garnish with cheese.
- 2 T. butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8oz. cream cheese (I use organic)
- 1 cup heavy cream (not ultra-pasteurized!)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bunches of fresh broccoli, chopped
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Love SU!? Join the Crew!