WHEN? this week
WHERE? on paper
WHY? cuz it's fun
HOW? keep reading
mollymoo's random thoughts on stitching:
- you can use your sewing machine. I have a Janome Sew Mini that I use exclusively for stitching in paper!
- got embroidery floss? DMS embroidery floss
- stamp an image - stitch the outline
- handwrite a title - stitch
- doodle (hearts, stars) - stitch
- recreate cross stitch stitches on your paper
- use a stencil (such as those used for Mister Huey or any stencil) and a paper piercer
- take a shape, poke holes around it, stitch.
- use a die, trace, poke holes, stitch
- using a circle die, pierce, and instead of just stitching around to make circle, stitch across (fill in the circle with "stripes") in one color and stitch around the circle in another color.
Feel free to combine this with a HYCCT challenge or any other challenge, link up ideas or ask questions.
While it's a challenge in itself, once you get used to stitching, you should see it as another useful technique to bump up your project another notch. Give it a try.