Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Assistance Identifying Stamp

Hello,

I am looking for a stamp that was in the Northridge Publishing Mini Album Idea Book for Summer 2012. The stamp is typewritten words in French. It could be part of a collage, or maybe a background stamp. It's very small font so this could be tough. I tried to read the font and there are references to art.

Attached is a picture of this stamp. If anyone can identify the brand, any info, please let me know.

Any help is appreciated. I really want to find this stamp.

Thanks!

Judy
Attached Files
File Type: doc Stamp.doc (527.5 KB, 133 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I spent some time looking this morning, but didn't find anything that looked even remotely similar. Everything I could find was in script, not typewritten. Hope someone else is more successful!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

thank you Sue, I really appreciate your time in looking. This is a real mystery, I went to a few companies directly, and no one recognizes it:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2013, 05:51 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Based on the one in your picture, this doesn't look like the exact one... but maybe similar enough to get the look you want?

Frantic Stamper Cling-Mounted Rubber Stamp - French Newspaper Background
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #5  
Glitter Queen

thank you for your help, that's a nice alternative. I may have to go that route.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure it's a stamp? What does the supply list say?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Hi, the supply list was vague. I went thru the list and did alot of searches online, but couldn't find this stamp. you bring up a good question, I wonder if there are rub ons with small text and a clear background? I could scan the supply list and post it as well. Since the album is tiny, only 4x4, I highly doubt it was copied onto the paper. I have her exact paper, and it had no text on it.

The designer was not cooperative in helping me at all. I was thinking of having someone ask her directly, someone she knows. She really blew up at me, saying she was a busy person, etc.

I was wondering if there are french companies that produce similar stamps, nice typewritten text.

Interestingly, I tried to translate this text in the stamp and it didn't seem to make sense, so the artist who designed it could have chosen random words....?

This bugs me, I really wanted to find it.

Last edited by springstamper1; 10-04-2013 at 11:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2013, 03:15 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Why would she blow up at you? It's a simple enough question, and not overly intrusive. Maybe she "stole" the image? I know that unless the website has disabled certain functions or added a watermark, that it's possible to copy and paste images of the stamps. Maybe you caught her in something? I just can't think of any other reason for her to be so over-reactive...

I looked for rub ons, as well - here in the US and also in the UK, and came up empty there, too. Sorry this is so frustrating for you...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2013, 03:57 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just stumbled over this: Mini Scripts I can't get it to enlarge, so I have NO idea what language it's in, but maybe it would work...?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Ok I actually have this issue and was looking at the supplies. They are kinda vague. I know that I was published this past spring in one of their magazines and the supply list was not what I sent in. So the magazine could have made a mistake in their listings.

I will say that its important to remember that the projects in this magazine were made at least 5-6 months before the magazine even came out. This magazine came out Summer 2012 so its probable that these products aren't available anymore. This happens alot.....sorry. It might also explain the designer's attitude (I am not excusing it) because its been along time since she made that album.

I have been looking on the Hampton Arts website because she notes the stamps (checklist, postal marks) are from Hampton Arts but I haven't found anything. I also notice that The Girl's Paperie is in the supplies. This paper company is out of business.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I will keep looking for that stamp. You have me intrigued now!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Hi Sue & Debbie & All - I have news, late yesterday, I found the elusive french text, and it turns out it was my My Minds Eye, and it was paper afterall. This is so incredible how I found out, I had contacted Memory Works, and someone there thought it was a very old MME collection. I searched on the web, and found a card with this text in the background. I dug some more and found the paper that matched exactly. I thought for sure this was a stamp. The designer must have copied this paper onto scrapbook paper, since she didn't use the actual MME paper, but just a copy of the text. I really don't know how exactly this was done, but I plan to order the paper and figure it out.

Sue, thank you for the link to the mini script stamps, they are so cute. I love them! I will try and get a bigger image of it somehow and see what it looks like. I may just get this too!

And for the magazine, I tried to find those little postal marks too, no luck. But I can say that I found all the exact same products she used for many of the parts of the album, I found the scrapbook, all the exact same things for the cover of the mini album, and I found the Girls Paperie paper that shows thru the star. I found alot of old stuff from ebay, and some from amazon. I found many of the exact stamps. All in all, I have had really good luck, only by my searching, and help from blogs. The magazine did get quite a bit of the supply list right.

As for the designer, I had sent her a few requests before I got to the latest stamp, and got no reply. I guess she was ignoring me, hoping I would go away. When she got my last email, is when she sent the really rude one. After looking at her blog, she is into promoting herself, and not interested in helping anyone. So, the blog doesn't match the real person. And it could be that she is disorganized, and has no idea where to find what she used to tell me. It could be that she was doing something wrong, oh well. It's too bad, since I loved her work. I wanted mine to be exactly like hers:(.

Thanks so much,Goodnight, ttyl,
Judy

Last edited by springstamper1; 10-05-2013 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Glad you found everything! I absolutely love that The Girls Paperie stuff. Did you find that on ebay? I was looking around on the Stampers Anonymous website and bet you can find a similar text stamp from them. I'm sorry this designer wasn't helpful. I think overall most designers are very helpful. After all a helpful designer gave me some great tips and got me started in publications!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #13  
Glitter Queen

Hi Debbie,
I found The Girls Paperie paper at a Canadian website called: https://creativeinspirations.ca/catalog/
The transaction was very smooth. The owner mailed this at a decent price and the paper arrived in excellent condition. Check it out, you may find what you were looking for. The paper I needed was from an old collection called On Holiday-Vintage Travel. I was so glad I could find it.

All the help I've gotten from you and everyone else has outweighed one bad experience It's still a shame to me, since the designer's work is just what I like.

Thanks,
Judy
Reply With Quote Likes