View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #461
Cammystamps
Die Cut Diva

BCRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nillysilly_ol'bear View Post
well, I actually USED the bra die on a card, so I guess speaking from personal experience, it doesn't bother me! and this is coming from someone who is scheduling a double mastectomy before the year's end or beginning of next year.

as far as the sentiment goes, how does it make YOU feel? I appreciate the here and now much more, but then I think I've always been that kind of a person. you aren't sending a sympathy card, (and yes, I have had several of those come in the mail! ) so I would say, tread lightly. remember that these cards are being given TO cancer patients who are then giving them TO other folks. that might be just the thing that someone is trying to convey, but can't put into actual words.....

for me, the absolute best sentiments are always 'thinking of you' and ones that make me laugh. a smile is always in good taste. and everyone always wants to know that they are being remembered.

isn't this just the bestest time of the year?!?! I so love getting pink with my friends!
With regards to the BRA die -- another survivor here, who also has the die and used the die on my card for yesterday -- I used the die earlier this year on a card , while thinking of my own reconstructive surgery and getting my new "real fake boobs". I stamped a simple congrats with it. Having gone through chemo & radiation, along with a bilateral mastectomy with tissue expanders, a leaking expander that had to be replaced, the implant surgery and finally last week, the "crowning touches" (if you know what I mean )-- by the time I was cleared after the implants to go bra shopping, I wanted to have something pretty to wear again! It was highly therapeutic to go shopping for pretty, lacy things that felt good!

Anywho -- I am very excited to have all of my cards through yesterday DONE! My goal is to complete all challenges this year! Since I'm not 100% from the surgery, I have doctor's orders to take it easy, which is a great reason to craft!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!