View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #92
UnderstandBlue
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpurl View Post
I think it's wonderful that SCS does this every October. It would also be a wonderful way to make women aware of a much more deadly female cancer, ovarian cancer. The month for that is September, and the awareness ribbon is teal. Because of no actual annual test to detect this disease, and it's symptoms are often missed because they are often mistaken for GI issues, most women are diagnosed when it is too late. Google NOCC and read the symptoms. It may save your life. Maybe next year?
Each year we do have people suggest something similar, and I appreciate that kindness and awareness!

While we recognize that there are thousands of diseases we could focus on, we chose a wonderful partner in MD Anderson, and our event is timed both with our original event kickoff on World Cardmaking Day in our first year and Breast Cancer awareness month.

But the utmost priority in this challenge is the card drive for the patients at MD Anderson, and it's the concentrated effort by so many people for a whole month that does so much good for the people being treated for cancer in Houston.

We do have an ongoing challenge called Cards for a Cause, so I encourage you to participate in that challenge and suggest your favorite destination to our sweet hostess, Teresa Kline, a.k.a. va.sunshine. That challenge has a new destination each month.

We love the sunshine this event brings into the lives of the men and women at MD Anderson, and we hope you can participate!

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-04-2013 at 10:22 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!