View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #3518
missiowa81
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalipsisR View Post
MissI, that sounds sad. Your cousin was their dad and those children should be treated specially well in light of their loss.
I know. I think it would have been better if they had been seated with their grandma (my cousin) and their uncle (Luke's brother) in the family section, not with a bunch of other kids. They're only 11 and 13, for Pete's sake. They need comforting! Even if they were there with their mom, there would have been plenty of room for all 3 of them. And then when the minister referred to "the family" and waved his arm in that direction, they would have felt more included.

But like I said, the 2nd wife's parents were obviously in charge. Apparently they couldn't care less about his children from a previous marriage. Yet they call themselves Christians.

Something similar happened to Lisa and Aaron when their dad died. His 2nd wife and stepdaughters were listed as his wife and HIS kids, and Lisa and Aaron were listed at the end of the obituary in a really odd way (not identified as son or daughter), like an afterthought. It was odd and disgusting. But that is Lisa's stepmom all the way. At least they were old enough to handle it. But Luke's kids are KIDS. It breaks my heart.